Want to dump VM. Where can I go?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OP = Original Poster... Generally used when people have been hijacking a thread

Other technology is either really expensive (search for satalite broadband and you'll see what I'm talking about!!!) or not as fast as cable (as this is fibre optic, essentially sending data at the speed of light) the sky rep you spoke to seems to have it spot on really. This really is a case of "Rip off Britain" when you think of the people in Korea that have been complaining about their 100 meg connections! (the complaint is that very few websites can send info that fast tho LOL)

As has been said before, complain to VM. How I do this personally is ask the questions that lead them to belive you are looking into leaving seriously... 1st one is normally "Can you put me thrugh to the disconnections department?" they will then pass you to the retentions department who have access to all the great deals. Other questions to ask these guys to make them take you seriously, things like "When I go, how long can I access my email addresses?" and "How much notice to I need to give to cancel without incurring any penelty?"

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

OP = Original Poster... Generally used when people have been hijacking a thread

Thank you sweetie lol so obvious I should have guessed lol:D

What are you doing here... bored of your own problems?? lol :D:D:p

Helps to take my mind off my own problems its a bad habit of mine:D

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

OK, looks like it is the complaints letter route then I guess. :mad:

It is so annoying that they pretty much own a monopoly when it comes to fast BB which leaves the consumer with no choice. What happened to having decent competition in this area so that customers could make an informed choice based on package AND SERVICE that the provide should offer?

When the POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) system catches up and is widely accepted and reliable, things "might" change. BT are relying on technology (ie. two copper wires) that is 100+ years old. Cabletel/NTL/VM laid the whole cable infrastructure very recently in comparison. Their technology was always miles ahead to start with, not least with the amount of available bandwidth, and hence, speed, as I said before. It's only the hardware in the exchanges, and the end user hardware that is restricting the speed to 20Mb at the moment. It could theoretically go much faster (and faster trials are taking/have taken place).

It wasn't so long ago that BT had their monopoly, and now look whats happened.

When the POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) system catches up and is widely accepted and reliable, things "might" change.

But I'm getting old now gni, not sure if I can wait for good old BT to catch up to give me the benefit. :lol:

When the POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) system catches up and is widely accepted and reliable, things "might" change. BT are relying on technology (ie. two copper wires) that is 100+ years old. Cabletel/NTL/VM laid the whole cable infrastructure very recently in comparison. Their technology was always miles ahead to start with, not least with the amount of available bandwidth, and hence, speed, as I said before. It's only the hardware in the exchanges, and the end user hardware that is restricting the speed to 20Mb at the moment. It could theoretically go much faster (and faster trials are taking/have taken place).

VM have 50Mb trials going on at this moment in the South East and plan to roll it out to all later this year.

Phone lines will never be able to compete with that.

But we all no when VM bring out the 50 they will be over charging for it as no one else has it...there is no real competition out there for them, which is the saddest part for us as customers so VM will continue with there cock ups and I'll just have to continue complaining.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Surely it is up to the others (BT) to start on a programme of installing fibre optic cables now, the cost will only escalate the longer they leave it.

In the meantime, VM will take advantage of their cables and cash in.

I'm on a bundle deal with VM and I "think" I'm paying about £20 for the BB portion of it.. 20Mb, and as a long-standing customer (never really had problems with CableTel/NTL/VM) I would have thought (aka hoped) I would get a decent deal when 50Mb comes to the masses... well the VM masses I mean.

BT are already building a new network... 21CN, but bearing in mind the squillions of miles of existing copper, I think it will take them a while... more like 25CN by the time it's finished (21CN = 21st Century Network... before you ask Sweet lol).

I'm on a bundle deal with VM and I "think" I'm paying about £20 for the BB portion of it.. 20Mb, and as a long-standing customer (never really had problems with CableTel/NTL/VM) I would have thought (aka hoped) I would get a decent deal when 50Mb comes to the masses... well the VM masses I mean.

BT are already building a new network... 21CN, but bearing in mind the squillions of miles of existing copper, I think it will take them a while... more like 25CN by the time it's finished (21CN = 21st Century Network... before you ask Sweet lol).

:grin: how did you know lol I only started using the most easiest abrev's since trying to read my teenagers msn posts:o baffling but I am cathing up:grin:

You did say you were getting some discounts recently

VM discounts often seem to have some kind of 12 months tie in for something or other that you probably didn't know of & were never informed of - so be careful of them claiming something like that when you cancel

Good luck with the complaint Crem. Let us know the outcome please :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

My 3G mobilephone has skype and I'm chatting (by voice and skypchat) with people all over the world (and in the UK) for a fee of £15/month including VAT.

I used to dial through 1899.com for 1p per minute, but after some months, it was hard to continue putting up with the poorer quality.

I switched and now pay BT £5 a month for free international phone calls of up to one hour's duration (after tht you hang up and redial); I do not know the list of destinations, but it includes the USA, New Zealand, and Australia.

I also pay £15 for free international calls on my mobile phone (I am with Three). However, the quality is nowhere near as good as on the BT line.