! ! ! What can a baliff take from your home ! ! !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a look at this site. there a number of links to related topics......

Debt Basics - Bailiff Guide - know your rights

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

In June ?

• Haha 1

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

The important thing with bailiffs is not to let them in, doors locked and windows closed, don't sign anything and unless its an exceptional case (and they get an order from a judge) they can't take anything at all...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Can't take anything unless they've got a court order.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Your soul :p

No.............

Are there any goods that the bailiff cannot seize?

Bailiffs (except bailiffs acting on behalf of the magistrate's court - see below) cannot seize the following goods:

tools, goods, vehicles and other items of equipment necessary for use by you in your employment, business or vocation;

clothing, bedding, furniture, household equipment and provisions as are necessary for satisfying the basic domestic needs of you and your family

Bailiffs acting on behalf of the magistrates' court cannot seize the following goods:

clothing, beds and bedding tools of the trade

basic domestic needs of the family would normally include fridge, cookers, freezers, but may not include video recorders, second TV's, jewellery, washing machines, stereos or microwave cookers.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Jingles1964

If you don't let them in (don't even open the door to them) and (in therory) you haven't signed anything then your question is redundant. They have no rights of entry unless you invite them or leave an unrestricted entrance available.

I am not sure if it is the council or the bailiff that has to apply to the court to get permission to enter your property (I think it is the council) so after a period of time the Bailiff will return the liability to the council for further action.

As for the list of what they can levy against (ie their property that they are allowing you to use) it is mearly a list and as you already know bailiffs believe they can do what they want with the help or non intervension of the police. they will levy anything, B&S levyed a 4k dining room table and 8 chairs against a £100 debt, also a cupboard that is a fixture to cover the gas metre and a clock which is my wifes handed down from her gran who died 25 years ago. Have a look at my thread 'had fight with a bailiff' to find how they screwed me, we will see how correct they were after the court hearing.

Edited by kel123