eBay invites the scam artists in!!

sn00psmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont like it ? Get a shop,no problems with postage there

True but there's overhead fee's, electricity, gas and water bills, probably license fee's and all that malarky.

For what I sell there would be no point anyway as I just sell what I don't want or need (I am a real shopaholic :oops:) also what my family and friends don't want as they don't want (or need) the hassle of ebay now !!!

one last butt in before work :)

i once got a router off amazon and remember thinking how straighforward and easy it was

come to think of it why dont i go there more often

the thing about ebay is its there in your face so you go down the easy route

and they are so big i`d imagine its going to have to be a revolt on a truly massive scale to make any difference they dont care about you and the only way they are going to is if it dent`s their pockets

try selling on amazon maybe that would be better for you and as i buyer i`ll try to use it more myself :wink:

S.C

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D

and they are so big i`d imagine its going to have to be a revolt on a truly massive scale to make any difference they dont care about you and the only way they are going to is if it dent`s their pockets

S.C

You are so right there. Ebay is so big these days and they make so much money (listing fee, final value fee, paypal percentage, etc etc) that it would take thousands of sellers to revolt to have any impact.

(although there are a few revolting sellers on there already:grin:)

Can I ask where you have turned to ? :)
indeed.

there is little alternative... I wish there was.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

As of May this year eBay changed it, I know this because I emailed them about it and they told me that neutral does now effect your score!! Plus I have been on eBay long enough now (7 years) to know when feedback effects my score ;)

According to eBay:

• A positive rating increases the Feedback score by one point.
  • A neutral rating does not change the Feedback score.
  • A negative rating decreases the Feedback score by one point.

What is Feedback and how does it affect my reputation?

If it affected your score in any way, then they can't really call it neutral as it isn't neutral!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

According to eBay:

• A positive rating increases the Feedback score by one point.
  • A neutral rating does not change the Feedback score.
  • A negative rating decreases the Feedback score by one point.

What is Feedback and how does it affect my reputation?

If it affected your score in any way, then they can't really call it neutral as it isn't neutral!

I also emailed that to eBay as it is wrong and recommend they update their help pages as they are conflicting information from what they told me in their email and what the help page says!

Guest forgottenone

All I will say ... all been said before, Ebay will do it anyway ... I've just been scammed by a buyer overseas recently. It's screwed up my Ebay account, as well as leaving me with a debt I cannot pay to Paypal as a result. And it's now made easier because of the removal to alert other sellers of this buyer. But also removing any protection I have as a seller with good standing of many years there at the same time. So, one [problem] artist comes along, does a chargeback on PAYPAL. Who, as you will all know, ARE also owned or Ebay is owned by PAYPAL. You are blackmailed into using their services now or you cannot list an auction. It should be illegal, it should be made fraudulent.

I am not a power seller, I am a private seller selling only my own possessions, collections ie not buying in to sell.

The problem is Ebay and PAYPAL have made it way too easy - open season - for buyers to pull these scams and they ALWAYS usually side with the buyer. Despite I know for the fact the [EDIT] I have is lying through their back teeth! Does anyone care at PAYPAL or even Ebay - do they hell! You give years of loyal custom to them PAYING them to use your services, when you ask for their help they do not want to know. Doesn't matter if you are a business, private seller you are STILL paying Ebay and in that circumstance you should EXPECT to at least get some basic customer service when problems arise. No, they side with the buyer all the time. And that is where the [problem] problem exists! Innocent sellers are being targetted by these buyers and they will continue to do so whilst Ebay's and PAYPAL's policies allow them to. PAYPAL even breaks it's own T/Cs in doing so when they side with a buyer chargebacking ... because they fail to investigate it properly. Sure, they say 'provide a tracking number' but total waste of time. It's all very misleading. In the end just to make themselves money. As someone said Ebay has outgrown itself. Become too big for it's boots. It has betrayed the smaller seller who assisted in it's growth. Exactly like most large companies do in the end. They betray their origins, their routes to make big and bigger bucks.

And, yes I am very angry about all of it because now I have been scammed by someone I KNOW damn well if [causing problems] me and I will now be in debt with PAYPAL and probably a DCA eventually. Years of loyal Ebay custom down the ruddy drain! All because of one fraudster!

All I will say ... all been said before, Ebay will do it anyway ... I've just been scammed by a buyer overseas recently. It's screwed up my Ebay account, as well as leaving me with a debt I cannot pay to Paypal as a result. And it's now made easier because of the removal to alert other sellers of this buyer. But also removing any protection I have as a seller with good standing of many years there at the same time. So, one [problem] artist comes along, does a chargeback on PAYPAL. Who, as you will all know, ARE also owned or Ebay is owned by PAYPAL. You are blackmailed into using their services now or you cannot list an auction. It should be illegal, it should be made fraudulent.

I am not a power seller, I am a private seller selling only my own possessions, collections ie not buying in to sell.

The problem is Ebay and PAYPAL have made it way too easy - open season - for buyers to pull these scams and they ALWAYS usually side with the buyer. Despite I know for the fact the [EDIT] I have is lying through their back teeth! Does anyone care at PAYPAL or even Ebay - do they hell! You give years of loyal custom to them PAYING them to use your services, when you ask for their help they do not want to know. Doesn't matter if you are a business, private seller you are STILL paying Ebay and in that circumstance you should EXPECT to at least get some basic customer service when problems arise. No, they side with the buyer all the time. And that is where the [problem] problem exists! Innocent sellers are being targetted by these buyers and they will continue to do so whilst Ebay's and PAYPAL's policies allow them to. PAYPAL even breaks it's own T/Cs in doing so when they side with a buyer chargebacking ... because they fail to investigate it properly. Sure, they say 'provide a tracking number' but total waste of time. It's all very misleading. In the end just to make themselves money. As someone said Ebay has outgrown itself. Become too big for it's boots. It has betrayed the smaller seller who assisted in it's growth. Exactly like most large companies do in the end. They betray their origins, their routes to make big and bigger bucks.

And, yes I am very angry about all of it because now I have been scammed by someone I KNOW damn well if [causing problems] me and I will now be in debt with PAYPAL and probably a DCA eventually. Years of loyal Ebay custom down the ruddy drain! All because of one fraudster!

Name and shame ! we can all block this buyer then :)

hello FG.

I wondered if you might join in on this debate.

as for neutral feedback, to begin with when the new rules came out it did effect the total feedback, it did mine. I see they have changed it though.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

It seems that the only real road to satisfaction is for Paypal to hold the fee for 14 days and not pay it until there has been satisfaction on both sides.

Some will probably say that would be wrong as well.

What seems to be wanted is for ebay/Paypal to become a mediator and that is not what they are there for. They are providing a medium where people can buy and sell things and giving a means of payment for those items.

ok, they are providing a medium... but they come off the fence as soon as they allow feedback, and one sided feedback at that.

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE