style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi have had a complete nightmare with Next Directory. Basically I hadn't used my account for over a year it had a zero balance on it. We moved house in November last year and I hadn't changed the address with them. At the beginning of April I thought I would treat myself and would order an X-Box 360 from them. I went on to the website and changed all my address details before ordering. I then went ahead with my order. When I printed my order out I noticed it had my old address as the delivery address, so I rung Next Directory to make sure the order went to my new address. The guy I spoke to seemed friendly enough and explained that he would have to cancel my initital order and re-order it at my new address details. Fair enough, he said it would be delivered within 2 weeks. Sorted!! or so I thought. After 2 weeks I rang Next to find out where my order was as it still hadn't been delivered, to which they replied we are really sorry it should be with you shortly, Ok. So a few days later still nothing I rung them again and they apologised again and said there was a delay with the people they order it from, and that they would call back to let me know when it was going to be delivered. No phone calls to explain, so on the 8th May I rung again, the order was placed on the 7th April. I finally spoke to a woman who told me that the parcel had been signed for on the 11th April?? to my old address. I explained the situation and said I called and changed the addresses etc etc to which she replied, but we didn't update our system until the 10th April, so we didn't change your address until that date. At this point I started to get slightly het up as she then tried to tell me that I hadn't spoken to anyone to change my address, I hadn't made any phone calls in between the month that had elasped. I then said well the 10th of April is still before the apparent date you delivered to my old address on the 11th?? Surely alarm bells must have rung at your end? To which she replied that they couldn't be held responsible?! and that the parcel had been signed for at my old address on the 11th. So I rung the estate agent who sold our house and explained the situation and he said he would get in touch with the new owners. Surprise surprise they apparently hadn't signed for anything. So I rung Next and said the people at my old address are saying they haven't signed for any parcels. To which Next replied they have definately signed for it as we have got electronic proof. The surname they apparently have on this proof doesn't match either of the surname's of the people at our old address. I asked if they could send me over a copy of the proof of signature to which they said they can't as it was against Data Protection. So I have now had to report this to the police who are treating it as theft. The policeman did say it's unlikely to move forward very quickly. Next are saying it is my responsibilty and that I have to pay for the item, even though I did everything possible to make sure they delivered it to my new address. They are saying they don't have any notes on there systems but I definately spoke to people there numerous times. Can I do a data request, to include transcripts from conversations? Do they legally have to make a log of why and when you have called? If they do this mean's I can prove they are the one's who are at fault here.

Can anyone please give me any advice?

Thanks in advance

Pezza76

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

Is it possible to check your statement from your phone company, probably a long shot, also can I suggest to write to next as IMHO people at call centres do talk some B/S.

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007

as an ex call center employee i would definatly suggest writing in, include a photo copy of itemised billing if you have it and explain the situtation.

although it is the call centers responcibility to update the call logs with notes i have found from experiance than many simply "forget" or have problems with the logging system, request time away from calls to log the notes and then have that refused as its detremental to the buisness as a whole (i did ask once about would they prefer to have a happy customer or an extra call answered and got the reply "go back on the phones or you'll get a disceplinery).

if you have itemised billing your more than likely going to get them to look at the problem as you can prove that you called them.

you can get a copy off all your records from the call center ussually they will need you to write to a data protection officer, if the call center refuses to give you the address ask for a team leader as its a legal requirement for you to be able to get hold of any notes about yourself.

deal with everything in writing if your going to record calls then you MUST inform the person ansering the phone that you are recording but they have the right to refuse (unless you do what i do and tell them there breaking disability act as i have a poor memory span and often use voice recordings to remeber stuff) tho i think even under that they can refuse im not sure beleave it or not ive forgotten because its been over a month since i used that

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi thanks for your quick replys.

The trouble I hav is that I made the calls to them from work, and we don't keep a call log on each individuals phone :sad:

Is there a standard template letter you can send requesting all data they hold?

Thanks

Pezza76