H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the first guy joined MSE and sent off template and got full refund with in 2 weeks so he states as I posted what was said earlier.

The 2nd guy however has been with another forum for the time I stated.

At the end of the day you can only go by what people are now coming out with. If banks are repaying their customers and giving them some offering of compensation as well, well it goes without saying really that they are either up to something or know more than they are letting on.

Hence they could be clearing the way with cases they have on their desks now and getting ready to clear those caught up in the courts by way of the stay.

Ladidi

ladidi

You misunderstand there is no criticism directed at you whatsoever:) .

I believe you 100% when you claim this person states they have won & if it does prove to be true & you didn't tell the site & we found out then you really would be in trouble for hogging for yourself such great news - so tails we win - heads you lose

I for one am just trying to exercises a little caution just in case it ain't true is all

Believe me when I say this....I am in as much of a hurry for anticipated good news myself as well as the next man or woman.

I`m also a firm believer of sharing good news and bad if it means as much to the next person and is waiting and has a lot riding on that same peice of information.

So I reckon I win all round dont you :D

Ladidi

If they win I wonder if they'll terminate their accounts or their employment - or both

I can see it now the ET's full of former Abbey employees claiming unfair dismissal cos they got their money - wot fun that would be

If they win I wonder if they'll terminate their accounts or their employment - or both

I can see it now the ET's full of former Abbey employees claiming unfair dismissal cos they got their money - wot fun that would be

Brilliant lol!:p

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Dam June/July?

at this rate i will have had 15+ DCA's looking for money

Well i seriously hope the wait is worth it LOL

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

I hadn't thought about the amount of bank employee's who must be listening at closed doors trying to find out how much money they are owed. It funny just how many people you know who say they have had charges... Except our parents who never went overdrawn.... and are now asking for help to claim it back...

... Except our parents who never went overdrawn.... and are now asking for help to claim it back...

Our parents were generally not allowed to go overdrawn. A cheque book was the very rare exception, remember also that wages were paid in cash weekly.

However, the banks themselves changed all of that in the drive for control and profit and we know the end result of their actions.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

I thought the original timeframe was around easter for a decision?

Now its June/July...which in reality means August/Septeber before we hear anything?

Surely if this thing is going to drag on much longer the FSA will have to either lift their stay OR force the banks to stop charging over drawn charges?

Mailman

Mailman

If you read and talk to everyone it all boils down to wait for the judges.

OFT says they have to wait for the judge. So the stay is quoted by everyone as why they can't or won't pay.

The banks use the same arguement, the stay needs to stay .... untill the judge gives his answer. They will can keep charges the same, as the judge hasn't said it's not fair yet....I hope..he does.

So all I can say is hurry up Judge, even then they can appeal or so can the OFT. Mind you the Banks have just given out massive profits maybe that will help us.

given the current financial crisis affecting banks they certainly do not want us to win & will appeal against a win for the people!

imagine them paying billions to the people that put them where they are today - it will kill some banks - hopefully HBOS!

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

given the current financial crisis affecting banks they certainly do not want us to win & will appeal against a win for the people!

imagine them paying billions to the people that put them where they are today - it will kill some banks - hopefully HBOS!

Actually, I believe it would be good for the economy.

By paying back what they have taken from customers, this introduces fresh cash into the economy, which results in increased spending and economic growth.

Also it would create a fall in the demand for consumers to borrow, which would then result in lower interest rates.

Also, the amounts in question may appear enormous to us, but are actually only a tiny % of the banks assets.

By my own calculations. If the banks are made to repay the estimated £4.5 billion per annum they've taken, and are made to do so to everyone for all of the last 6 years, then at the very most this would be a combined £27billion (not accounting for the untraceable/deceased etc).

This would be less than 1% of their combined assets.

Plus, do remember, that unless every single recipient decides to cash their cheque and bung the money under their mattress, we do have to keep the money somewhere.

ie; a bank !! :o

So ultimately, it's swings and roundabouts for all of them.

Perhaps some banks will have to pay out more, and others less.

Those who've been naughtiest will suffer most, but even then it will only be a tiny % of their assets.

And then, ultimately it all just ends up back in one bank or anothers' coffers anyhow.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Why do you think Martin, bright as He is, is any better informed than we are:confused:

& even if by some miracle he was better informed he's hardly going to say on national TV that he thinks they are all in it together

i have been trying to read between the lines of what the banks solicitors are moaning about. banks are worried about the case verdict being leaked out before they get to see it,also the judge hinted that his verdict could make history. This could mean that the consumer will win,otherwise why would banks start to worry about what is leaked if it was in banks favour.:lol:

Why do you think Martin, bright as He is, is any better informed than we are:confused:

& even if by some miracle he was better informed he's hardly going to say on national TV that he thinks they are all in it together

Never said he was did I?

I simply said if it was true- he would have been blurting about it. After all, it's on his site.

Odio los bancos con una venganza

No you implied it Why are you assuming that it would only be true if it was on Martins site. It could be true & Martin doesn't have a clue.

Like the rest of us it's only supposition based on the evidence around us

No you implied it Why are you assuming that it would only be true if it was on Martins site. It could be true & Martin doesn't have a clue.

Like the rest of us it's only supposition based on the evidence around us

NO I didn't imply it. I said IF THIS WAS TRUE

DO YOU SEE THE WORD IF?

I would have assumed that IF it was true, then someone on his site would have told him.

Odio los bancos con una venganza