1 month in arrears, bank wants to charge £40 every month

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just a quick question - I'm with Barclays(Woolwich) Bank and am 1 month in arrears - i received the confusing over due amount letter, which says I missed January (although I missed December!) - now the letter say If I do not pay the overdue amount before the next payment due date they will debit my account £40 untill the arrears are cleared.

Yet on the notice of fees on the back it says Arrears of 1 month or more £40 each month; which contradicts what they say in the body of the letter. Am I right in thinking that I pay part of the arrears I will not be charged?

Hi blfamily,

I am afraid they will stick you for the charge unless you can pay off all the arrears, thats what they do. The good news as you know, is you can reclaim these charges. Have a good read around the 'Barclays Won' forum :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/ and see how other people have been able to get their money back.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.