Argos Offer

animal_lover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've just recieved a reply requarding my charges for £193.96, £218.73 with interest. but because i've failed to make payments on my account do to being out of work for nearly a year and not made any payments on this, i had on several occassions told them about my circumstances but each time they were ignored. so they only offer me £27.50 as the difference between my charges and the £12 and as they value there relationships with there customers (don't make me laugh) they will offer me £50 as a gesture of goodwill.

Should i accept it? :confused:

Hi, animal_lover.

Send them one of these.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

No, seriously, It's up to you. £50 is a lot of cash, but if you stick to your guns I'm sure you'd get the lot.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

ok i'll send them a rejecting letter, i would get the £50 if i didn't have a balance on my account that the requested amount would nearly cover to clear my balance.

i just wanted to ask for someones opinion because of the fact i was out of work and couldn't pay them requardless of the letters and phone conversations i had with them to tell them that, it's still my fault isn't it and if it's £12 per charge which after the £27.50(50.00) would work out right as being fair (in there eyes" and the amount they are allowed to charge.

I just don't want to make things worse for myself that's all, but if you think that i might get the lot i might aswell try seen as i't would out better for me if i did.

Nikki

It may be your "fault", but since they're not your moral guidance or your confessor, that doesn't give them the right to punish you. As a contractual arrangement, they can only charge you the amount that you cost them, and since we all know it wasn't that much (if anything), you should tell them to sod off, and it will all of it or of to court you go, and then you'll add another 8% and court fee.

Long and short of it, stick to your guns and they'll cave. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on my Argos situation, I sent the rejection letter back and recieved an offer for £75 so i sent another rejection letter. recieved a reply on Friday saying that they were dissapointed that i basically didn't agree to the offers and that they have nothing further to add.

What's my best option now, as they owe me nearly £220 which is nearly my whole balance.

Any advice would be great, Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just amended one of the credit card ones i.e they supplied me with a store card (not a credit card) and then I looked at their website for the terms and conditions. I deleted the bits that said I could have cash advances 'cos of course you can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/122528-credit-card-charges-poc.html

Post again if you have any more queries (but don't spend hours sat at the computer worrying over it like I did) take a break and come back tomorrow or whenever. Nothing bad will happen if you just put it in a word document.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Great, Thanks you The more i come on this forum, the more amazed i am Everyone is so helpful, i wouldn't know the first thing about reclaiming charges from my bank or credit cards etc.. if it wasn't for this forum. Thank you

Hi steven4064,

I've just realised the notes for the N1 form on your thread is just for interest so i can't use it yet as i need the one for charges aswell.

I've been told to use the one for Credit Cards but i don't now what i need to keep or remove as it's for my Argos Store Card

Please help :)

You are right, sorry - the one on my Goldfish thread has charges as well but also interest in restitution - you might be able to pinch some words from the first part of that - or just use a Credit Card one- after all, store cards are only branded credit cards (with wicked levels of interest, usually as well)

i was originally gonna use the credit cards but i was told i'd have to change it as it mentions cash advances and checking the t+c and making sure it's right.

I'm no good with this sort of thing.

Do you think it would be easier to go to the FOS :)