2nd class service for web customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a fridge freezer delivered this week from Currys online and it was damaged when the guys asked me to inspect it. They noted this on delivery invoice and told me who to call to get it swapped. When I called I was told that it would take 48 hours to be authorised for a swap as it had to have paperwork sent to Head Office, be authorised there and then authorisation sent back. I asked why it took so long when their own staff had agreed it was damaged. I was then stunned to be told that it's not like buying in a shop where you go in and they arrange an exchange then and there you have to wait 48 hours it's how it works. I could get no more reasoning than that from the Customer disService rep even though she agreed that service was "different" not necessarily worse.

This means I can't get my fridge replaced for a week and a half as I will now need a weekend delivery. The woman tried to tell me I could not use the one in my kitchen as it has to be returned even though my fridge freezer was taken away by the delivery crew and they have written on my paperwork that I am to use the damaged one. Eventually a manager "kindly" agreed I could use the fridge I have at the moment but I must switch it off 24 hours before the exchange day as the crew won't take damp appliances - funny how they took my frosty old one, though.

Be warned buy online from Currys get worse service. Oh and before you ask I bought online to save the £50 delivery charge the store charges as it was free delivery over Easter and I get 5% off as well. Not sure now that the money off was worth the increased hassle!

I would recommend that you have a read through similar distance selling issues on this forum. You could have told them to take it away and not even had to provide a reason. They have acted improperly, and its shame you didn't come here first as we could have helped you hold Currys up to their obligations.

Sorry it has not worked out, but knowledge really is power (I know coz a bit of my dissertation is on that :D ). Have a scan through and hopefully you will be able to read them the Riot Act (well, Sale of Goods Act) should problems happen again.