CCA MoorCroft/Argos Card

manc1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They more likely to still pursue the account, moorcrap don't give up easy and their monkeys don't have any morals whatsoever

This is true. I CCA'd Moorcroft in November last year and they still send me threat-o-grams from every division they can think of. I reply with No CCA = no debt, therefore no payment type of letter. Now I have a nice paper trail of OFT breaches, I'm about to send copies of it to anyone who will give Moorcroft a damn good slap. :D I just need enough stamps to send a huge wad of their useless crap to anyone who will do something about it. I'm hoping that the new CUTR 2008 regs will make a huge difference when I do.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

At least I know that the letters are just useless threats, is the only post that I look forward to getting, so it can continue for as long as they like. :lol::lol:

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

Don't forget to complain to the OFT about Moorcroft when you have a nice pile of evidence against them.

The more people who complain, the more chance we have of getting a DCA's licence revoked and them shut down. It'll take time and lots of complaints, but if we stick at it, one day our day will come.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

just thought I'd let you know my news!

As I was experiencing the same threats etc from Moorcroft, then Midas, I followed this thread avidly. I requested the CCA from Moorcroft, who told me they could not send it because I had to send my request directly to Argos. I actually believed that for a while . Anyway, to cut a long story short, I wrote back to them telling them that as it was them chasing me, I expected my CCA request to be honoured by them...I also returned the Postal Order made out in their name and told them I would be taking my request from the date they received it etc.

So, yesterday, I got a letter from them which says:

'Thank you for your request for a signed copy of the relevant agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. I can now confirm that on this occasion we are unable to provide a copy of the signed credit agreement requested. We therefore return the £1.00 payment submitted in that connection.

We are now closing this account and returning it to our client'

So, unless Moorcroft are saying that I have to go to Argos, it looks very likely that there is no CCA available. To anyone being chased by Moorcroft, please get a copy of the CCA etc...it's SO worth it.

Thanks for the useful advice here. I really appreciate it.

xx

Looks like I got my final letter from Moorcroft :(:lol:

'Thank you for your request for a signed copy of the relevant agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. I can now confirm that on this occasion we are unable to provide a copy of the signed credit agreement requested.

We are now closing this account and returning it to our client'

Will wait for the next one to come along. :grin::grin:

YAY :D Keep that letter VERY safe :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Nice one Manc.........

looks like moorcroft lost out to us both this time!

I LOVE those letters...mine's being framed as we speak!

xx

Yep, 2 in as many days for the CAG'ers

Line em up and we'll knock em down!!!

Oh well, I suppose it was just too good to be true!

Today I received the a letter from buchananclark & wells which says:

Dear Whoever,

we have been instructed by ARG Card Services to recover an overdue debt, in the sum of 20 million squids on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, will not hesitate to commence LEGAL PROCEEDINGS if necessary.

Please call our 24 hour Payment Line immediately on 0871 700 1620 to make payment by Dredit or Debit Card. Payment is also accepted at greedyfleecingvulturesdotcom

Should there be any matter that you would like to bring to our attention or if you wish to discuss your financial circumstances in relation to the debt, please call us immediately.

Well, sadly they have not been informed that Moorcrap couldn't provide a CCA....so I doubt they can either. So, looks like it's back to square one of the battle...but the way I see it....NO CCA MEANS NO PAYMENT!

xx

Hi Forgottenone,

just how bad are this lot? I'm of a mind to let the threatograms accumulate before I remind them that Argos can't provide a CCA...that's just sport for me really :D

I'm getting fed-up with writing to numpties to tell them what they already know. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

xx

Guest forgottenone

Hi. I had dealings with them last year ... before finding CAG, which would have saved me a load of trouble if I had first (!) or known about the place TBH. They are 'bad'. On the phone especially. If you put the phone down on them, you will get a crazy lady screaming irrationally at you when they call back in seconds 'how dare you put the phone down on me, you NEVER put the phone down on me!'. Their other little 'game' is pretending they have personal stuff about you on their system which they will use etc, but never say what ... not kidding.

They also put the 'timid' types on their front line ... all a game ... so, when they've got you riled up enough, you phone back, become assertive the 'poor wee girl' on the end of the phone, cannot handle it. And they also love laughing at you in the background if you phone. Oh, the usual threats 'we are coming to burn you at the stake, sacrifice any future relatives '. That sort of thing.

They have done far worse to others, though.

Oh, yeah. They also say they will send the police round your house if you don't pay that afternoon. And that the police will take their side cos you owe them money.

Blimey, they are total nutters then!

Ah well, I won't speak to them on the 'phone, and they don't have my number, so that's not something I should worry about just yet. As for the Police...hmmmmmm...I can say, with absolute certainty that if they even consider using that particular stroke of idiocy, they will hear from the Police themselves...LOL

So, looks like I send a 'naff off' letter, and they try to step up the threats. Forewarned is forearmed methinks!

Isn't this fun? :D

xx

Guest forgottenone

All I can add is ... is at the time ... I couldn't believe they could get away with saying those things ... now I know better, of course. ;)

But, they are one DCA I'd love to see 'Licence revoked'. Cos one day they are going to damage someone very badly. If not already.

Report them to TS and the OFT for breaching OFT guidlines for suggesting you pay by credit card and breaching the CPUTR 2008 which is against the law:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update and for info' for others fighting Argos & their DCA's. The letter I sent to Buchananclarke & Wells worked like a dream!

I received a letter from them today saying that in light of my letter, they have "withdrawn from the matter, closed the file and returned it to their client"

Serves them right really. No CCA = no chance :D:D

xx

Congrats :D

But look out for the next lot...

Thanks Babybear,

I'm sure that Argos will set another bunch of uninformed DCA's on me, but this time I'll let them dig themselves a hole...I won't be responding to their every letter as I did with Moorcroft & BCW...let them take me to court if they dare, (without a CCA)!

It's been a good day :)

xx

It's a certainty that they will.

So far Argos have admitted no CCA, so they get Moorcroft to hassle me for 6 months before they too admit no CCA. Now it's Frederickson International's turn. This time I'm being more elusive and waiting till Bryan Carter tries going for a partial claim against me. Then I'll be going for a wasted costs order against him.

Once I have 3 letters admitting no CCA and a failed court claim, then I'll be shooting Argos down in flames when I complain very loudly and demand an explaination as to why they farmed out a disputed account onto 2 DCA's and all the evidence to support it. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 2 months later...

Buchanan Clark & Wells phoned me yesterday and I refused to go throught the Data protection as they would not tell me who they were (even though I knew !!!). Told them in writing only as I wasn't giving personal details to strangers.

About 1 hour later they sent me a text message.

Today I got a Formal Demand from them.

argos-2.jpg

I am just going to ignore these monkeys as Moorcroft have proved they have nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

BCW phone me once a week and I refuse to answer any security questions, yesterday they asked me to respond to their letters. So after Xmas I will send them a bemused letter as the account is still technically in dispute with Moorcroft. :grin::grin:

• 1 month later...