Kent meet - 28/03/08, Canterbury.

tiglet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in.

I have no preference as to venue,don't know the town well enough.

I'll let the ladies have the choice.

Let me know where and at what time, I'll be there.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Old Buttermarket? (It's practically opposite the Cathedral Gates, so Bookie can find it.)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well, If Dave is coming, you want somewhere where they have plenty of stock! :lol:

Cheek! I'm teetotal!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Turns out I'll be "ooop North", so hopefully I can make it another time.

Have a drink for me! :D

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Trains are pretty good - there are also some cheap B&B's.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I can put a couple of people up if needs be. I have one spare bed and a couple of sofas if it helps.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Thanks Dave, I think I will take up your offer as it will make more sense to do a weekend here, Friday night and going home Saturday evening - I've only ever been via Canterbury on a coach or train, never actually stayed there.

I don't mind a sofa as I sleep on a Futon bed anyway... I will check up on trains later on.

Will Dave and mrs Dave be getting a puppet show?? :D

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yep - I even have the punch and judy set!!

Nah - seriously, everyone is welcome to stay at mine - like I say, I have 1 full size single bed, one slightly shorter bed (about 4 foot!!!), and a full size sofa and a 2 seater sofa.

We can get some blow up beds too if needed.

email me (dave@consumeractiongroup.co.uk) if you need somewhere to stay.

Canterbury is about 15 miles from my house, so shared taxi's etc.. would be a lot cheaper than B&B's..

(plus, I make a fantastic fry up in the mornings!!, and the local farm shop - with fresh eggs, bacon etc... is fantastic! Smells of poo though when they 'spread' the fields - but hey, that's Kent for you! ;-) )

------------

------------

I can bring my puppets along, they are doing Karaoke this weekend in a local pub (by request - some pub managers won't let me in with them, others love them).

It sounds as if it is going to be a good trip, SSL, I am working on your pink hat this weekend as I've finished one of my commissions,should be done for Sunday.

That's unfair - I won't be getting a fry-up the next morning!

I can bring my puppets along, they are doing Karaoke this weekend in a local pub (by request - some pub managers won't let me in with them, others love them).

Their loss....We love em..!!!!:D

It sounds as if it is going to be a good trip, SSL, I am working on your pink hat this weekend as I've finished one of my commissions,should be done for Sunday.

Im gutted i cant get to this one, but it is too far, and im trying to stay at home for more than 2 weeks at a time. :p

I cant wait to get my hat. Do i still get my happy socks???:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Duly bagged!

------------

------------

Ooooh - we might be getting a B&B in Cant. now ourselves.

------------

------------

Errr...I actually said that I MAKE a good fry up - I promised no fry up to anyone!! ;-)

------------

------------

• 3 weeks later...

Is this Meet still on??

Where is there a list of those interested??

Am working Friday Day shift + off until Saturday Night so the timing of this Friday is near enough perfect for me + is VERY do-able!

(Btw...Have NEVER been to Canterbury before, so could I still wear my hairshirt??...:confused: )

Would it be Canterbury West or East Train Station I'd be best arriving at??

Details of any cheapo accomodation would be very handy also.

So long as the place keeps out the elements, I'm not fussed about the decor/comfort.

Soooo many questions in ONE Post eh?...lol

Let's have some answers asap peeps please

...There's a very thirsty person here who wants to know!!!

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I can come on Friday, also have a party on the Saturday (belated Xmas party...). I did bag a bed earlier on (or sofa or futon) so is that still available?

I am having a quiet weekend this weekend to compensate. Apart from shifting stuff between garages, clearing stuff from my room to garage and visiting the local tip....