Housing benefit & Incapacity benefit

DCA-KING
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

This is from Help with your rent – Housing Benefit

If you are not getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or the guarantee credit of Pension Credit, Housing Benefit may cover the whole or part of your rent. The amount of Housing Benefit you get will depend on your income and capital (if you get the savings credit of Pension Credit, the local authority will use the same figures as the Pension Service to calculate your benefit). The income you can have before it reduces your Housing Benefit depends on your circumstances, for example, your age, whether you have a partner or children, or whether you are disabled or care for a disabled person.

I would suggest a quick call to an advice line or the CAB with your personal figures to get the best idea. Good luck!

:p Wanting out of the red and into the pink! :p

If I've been nice please tip my scales. If I've been naughty, tip 'em twice! ;)

CURRENTLY CAGGING -

NatWest Bank - no response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), 40 days passed

Natwest CC - no response to CCA, 12+30 days passed. Calls continue, I ignore.

Sainsburys CCs x 2 - Current T&Cs rec'd in response to CCA request. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Calls continue, mobile set to auto ignore.

Capital One - Copy application form rec'd in response to CCA. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Standard final response received. Calls continue, I ignore.

Most benefits are taken into consideration in full when calculating income for HB purposes; very few benefits are partially or fully disregarded.

Benefits taken into account in full include:-

contribution-based jobseeker's allowance

state retirement pension

additional pension or graduated pension

incapacity benefit

severe disablement allowance

carer's allowance

child benefit

widow's pension and bereavement allowance.

maternity allowance

industrial injuries benefits, but not constant attendance allowance or exceptionally severe disablement allowance

industrial death benefit

child's special allowance

war orphan's pension

foreign benefits that are similar to the benefits listed above.

The following benefits are disregarded in full:-

disability living allowance

attendance allowance

constant attendance allowance

exceptionally severe disablement allowance

mobility supplement

guardian's allowance

any social fund payment

council tax benefit and any discretionary housing payment

Christmas bonus

income support or income-based jobseeker's allowance

special payments made to war widows and war widowers whose spouses died as a result of service before 1973,

certain pension payments, if a local authority chooses to disregard them in full

Tax Credits are a messy affair. Working tax credit and child tax credit are taken into account in full unless you are entitled to a disregard (standard earnings disregards, childcare costs disregard etc) ) and/or HMRC is recovering an overpayment of a tax credit.

There are many many other detailed disregards; there is too many here to list them. But the list above should cover the ost common benefits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]