Littlewoods/NDR from the begining to end

scorpion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, sometime last year we made a general query on the forum regarding Littlewoods and a debt with them that was not truly ours. after reading many threads regarding Littlewoods and NDR we thought it would be best to start our own thread and hopefully gather as much help and info from anyone who would like to post on it.

we have now had enough of Littlewoods they have referred the debt to NDR and I have already sent a CCA request to them today.

The jist of it is they say we owe them Xamount my partner started shopping with them back in 2002 she was paid a commission/cash back on all purchases and family members/friends also bought goods all but one stopped paying so we referred this back to Littlewoods but they say as the account was in her name she was liable for the debt, so we paid in small amounts until 2004 when all commission/cash back was stopped this was queried and the response was that they do not pay this unless they have a signed CCA. We have tried on many occasions to correspond with them but we get no replies from our letters so we stopped it was left at that until today when a letter arrived from NDR.

So now we are fighting this and no matter how long it takes we thought we would like to see another thread which starts from the beginning with them and hopefully have a result in our favour, which along with many other threads help other people in a similar situation.

We will be grateful for any advice or help and will update this thread when ever we can.

Keep up the good work we will win in the end

Paul & Lorraine

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/93571-pt2537s-cca-request-against.html

Hi there,

heres a link to my thread Versus Littlewoods, im nearly at the point of victory shall we say but i thought it may prove usefull reading for you

as Freaky says keep us updated and any questions you have just ask away

regards

paul

Many thanks, Paul & Freaky, we are going to keep this updated as and when so it will form part of a record of what we have done with littlewoods. We have read lots of info from your thread Paul and it was very helpful that’s what got us started with the CCA request. No doubt we will have lots more to add as time passes cheers Paul & Lorraine

well we got a letter dated the 24th Jan saying unfortunatley they are unable to locate the executed CCA but have sent me a copy of the current agreement which applies to this type of account, they also say the account was opened 28th November 2002 outlining full outstanding balances. the copy CCA refered to a 20 or 38 week term and they outline terms 1 to 6 i will try to scan this in for all to see, we are now sending them a letter saying they have failed in my request and we still require a signed agreement otherwise there will be in default................watch this space

Hi there

i cant say im surprised, they never seem to produce the goods so to speak

as you can see from my thread, its the same thing as whats happened to me, they cannot enforce the debt pure and simple but they will try to fob you off with silly letters and calls saying the credit agreement is in the catalogue blah blah blah which we all know is utter rubbish

no signed agreement = no enforceable debt pure and simple

regards

paul

Hi Paul, we couldnt help but laugh when we got this letter from them, we liked there T&C's ref # 6 "For further info please see the catalogue", we havent got one nor have had one for many years.

we were looking at your post .........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-973345.html

with reference to CRA's and how you had a small victory with them do you have any templates of letters we could send off to them or a link to where they are, we have spent hours looking but no joy.

cheers Paul & Lorraine

Hi Paul & Lorraine

these McMuffins play hard ball im afraid,they have placed new references on my file and i am just polishing my claim particulars ready to issue proceedings against them to get the agreement declared unenforceable and all the adverse data removed

i dont have any template letters other than what i have posted on my thread

regards

paul

cheers Paul no doubt i will come across some letters.

update today we have recived 12months worth of statements re: littlewoods from NDR.............

just waiting reply from LW ref our CCA

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update.... apart from the standard letter we got form Littlewoods saying they could not find are signed CCA we received 2 further letters one dated the 2nd Feb outlining a complaint we made to them on the 28th Jan 08 refusing acceptance of there non signed CCA and explanation and told them they have to supply the true agreement.......and the other dated 4th Feb 08 ref our complaint of the way the account has been handled when we wrote to them on the 10th Jan 08.........both letters telling us a full investigation is underway and they will be in contact when they have completed this....

guess what no contact as yet from them and they are now well and truly over there allotted time for complying to our CCA request...

we have a letter drafted ready to post explaining they are now in breach of our original request but we were wondering should we post it telling them they have gone over the time allowed or wait for them to get back in touch….

We also got 2 copies of there complaints procedure which made us laugh a small piece of paper giving us 3 steps on how to make a complaint and how they are handled saying “you may” be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service but they will only consider our complaint if we have giving them up to 8 weeks to resolve it……don’t think so!!!!

Hi Scorpion,

I would give them time to come back to you with an explanation.

I'm having an ongoing battle with Littlewoods at the minute for the same reasons as Paul and a few others on the forum.

Basically they wrote saying there was no CCA then have added adverse data to my credit file ever since.

They're a royal pain in the rear:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

i have 2 threads to do with this company. i will post links to both.

Littlewoods direct(from sum time ago)

Abound (now Additions Direct.)

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

cheers caz...... i thought it be best to just let them hang themselves they know they have gone over the timescale so im in no rush to hurry them along......:)

same ere l wrote to NDR telling them the acc was in dispute and have not heard a thing from either company since october

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi just a bit of info NDR are Littlewoods in house collections dept actually the next desk to the Littlewoods complaints desk as when I rang NDR to give them a bog off after receiving the we cannot find you agreement and will not pursue the lady from NDR just said the the lady that deals with complaints for Littlewoods is at the next desk and just gave her the receiver to her. This was the same Kate Redman from Littlewoods Complaints Management Team, funny she is the same person that has acknowledged my FOS complaint regarding Littlewoods and putting two defaults on the same account.

all the best dpick:)

• 2 weeks later...

Not only did we get a letter from Littlewoods today but also a statement from NDR..........

the statement is telling us payment not received and the addition of £5.95 for Accidental Death Plan which Littlewoods told us last year had been cancelled due to the dispute we have with them......

as for Littlewoods they are saying they are continuing with their investigation reference our CCA request from the 02/02/08 and that we will have a final response from them by 1st April 2008....do they really need 2 months to tell us they don’t have the true signed agreement....

is it time to tell them they are now very much in breach of our CCA request and indeed breaking the law....or just hang fire till we get the final response........

your advice is very much appreciated

Sadly the FOS won't get involved until you've either exhausted Littlewoods' own complaints proceedure or given them 8 weeks, but hang in there and I'm sure they'll provide enough rope to hang themselves! :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Sadly the FOS won't get involved until you've either exhausted Littlewoods' own complaints proceedure or given them 8 weeks, but hang in there and I'm sure they'll provide enough rope to hang themselves! :)

thats all the info we needed we are in no hurry with these idiots thanks dave:)

well at least you are going to get a response from them. I have had a credit agreement that is not valid and nothing since. They have been wrote to about this but they have chosen to ignore me.

• 4 weeks later...

just had a demand letter from NDR asking for full payment, even though the so called account is in default under the CCA request advising them we do not acknowledge the amount debt......

we are sure we read somewhere that NDR/LW can not make demands for payment while the account is in dispute, and that this would constitute a criminal offence in doing so, even though they are already committing this offence by not supplying the signed CCA and which has gone well over 30 days, yet we are allowing them time to complete their investigations and that we should hear from them by end of this month......

Do we tell NDR they are in serious breach or just let them hang themselves, and not bother replying…………

well after much thought i think its about time they felt the wrath of my tongue 2 page letter blasting NDR and the same being sent to LW demanding full apologies for the way they continue to harass us for money, and as its coming to the end of their time for the investigation they wanted to conduct felt it best to get in there first giving them an even bigger headache, what a bunch of MUPPETS these people are….

you are correct in thinking that they cant ask for money but the clowns dont think the law applies to them.

Even though we have not had any reply to letters sent to LW & NDR last week, we have had a default notice severed under section 87(1) of the CCA 1974 from NDR demanding full and final settlement of the outstanding balance as we are now in breach of the CCA……………we are still waiting for the signed CCA……… we have also allowed them time to do there own investigation work to which they said we would have a final outcome on the 1st April so again they have defaulted on their own agreement.

Would we be now right in saying we can take this matter one step further for failure to supply the CCA and start sending letters to the FSO, TS, & OFT……..

All your advice is very much appreciated :)

RESULT………….

we got a letter 2 days ago from LW saying that they can not find the signed CCA and are therefore not pursing the debt and that it is not enforceable under the current CCA regulations, however they also say that they will continue to process data with CRA's which is another battle :)........

since this letter we have received another 2 letters for demands for payments from NDR..... are they not breaking the law by trying to enforce this debt which LW have said they will no longer be able to pursue…………..

just some advice please on how to tackle NDR……………

yes i would send NDR a letter saying that LW have admitted there is not CCA and they are not persuing the debt. Also make it very clear that unless they close tere file within 7/14 days of this letter being recieved you will be complaining to Your local TS and liverpool TS and the oft.

Send a copy of the letter that LW sent u and send it all recorded delivery.

A trick that one of the others on this site, that i do use now, is to CC in ppl like te TS and oft.

What i do is this.

CC.

Local trading standards.

Liverpool Trading standards.

OFT.

That way they are fully aware you have the intentions or allready have made a complaint.