chaos5678 Vs First Direct

chaos5678
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I fired off my initial letter to First Direct on Monday and was woken by a courier at 7am this morning with what seems to be my life story neatly packaged!

The letter inside told ME that they had sent it under the Data Protection Act.

Full marks so far!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off my letter requesting that my charges be refunded, using the template from here, giving them 14 days to reply.

I've got what seems to be the standard letter referring me to

Mr Robert Kernaghan.

I think the next step is to file a claim, so I'm off around the site now to look!

Brilliant site, hope everyones donated % of any refunds.

(I'm claiming £552.50) I actually sent off the first letter asking for the refunds without adding any interest.

Possibly it's too late now to add that on, Can someone advise please.

Thanks

editsign.gif Threads joined.

Have you sent your Letter Before Action? You should do, and give them a further 14 days to respond before filing your claim.

Hi

Thanks for that,

This is the letter I sent, Do I need to give them another 14 days?

Ref acc

I am writing to ask you to refund the charges that you have levied from my account over the last six years.

I now understand that the charges you have applied to my account in relation to exceeding my overdraft limits are unlawful at common law, statute law and recent consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the contract which you agreed to at the time I opened my account, It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have taken £552.50 from my account.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me to resolve this matter, and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days from receipt of this letter to reply to me accepting unconditionally my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I can expect to receive payment

Yours Faithfully

Sadly, yes.

If you'd said "give me the dosh within 14 days or I will start court proceedings for recovery" - or words to that effect, then no, it would have been fine.

However, they may well just give the money back ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Can't you visit the ocurt and do it over the counter?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep up to date, I rang the court and asked them to post a form out, which hasn't arrived yet!

I'll drive in and get one next week if it doesn't turn up.

(just got list of charges from Intelligent Finace, free of charge AFTER they said no!)

Ditto! That's 3 claims on the same day that I'm aware of (including mine!)

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Guest BlueRuby

What's happening with your claim? Monkey and I have both been acknowledged! All 3 of us filed on the same day.

I arrived home to open the post to find a letter from the court saying First Dirct were defending the claim!!

PANIC untill I opened another letter which was an offer to settle in full £630 as long as I signed a confidentiality clause!

Hope you don't all know who I am LOL

I've sent a donation via Paypal to you, hope everyone does the same, I did it with your help.

I hope this all makes sense, I've had a bottle of wine to celebrate!!

Good luck to all, keep at it!

Congratulations on your refund. Don't forget to fill in the survey. And yes, claim all charges, although check on the limits for a small claim in the court - I think there's a minimum, but wouldn't like to say what it is without checking.

Spiceskull has a good letter in his claim against HSBC for pending charges if this helps.

Good luck.:)

[

Congratulations on your refund. Don't forget to fill in the survey. And yes, claim all charges, although check on the limits for a small claim in the court - I think there's a minimum, but wouldn't like to say what it is without checking.

Spiceskull has a good letter in his claim against HSBC for pending charges if this helps.

Good luck.:)

I can't find Spiceskull, were is he!!

I can't find Spiceskull, were is he!!
I'm here!!! The letter is here. You will need to amend the details, but the thrust is effectively the same (although I have already requested they be refunded, and this is a final warning...)

If you need help, PM me. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks