Snowdonia camping 27 - 29/06/08

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I promised a Summer meeting so here it is. Some of you may know I organise a motorbike weekend but I have now booked a field just for us at the same location. What's that -where is it - oooohhhh sorry; Y Giler Arms Hotel, Pentrefoelas, North Wales. Only 6 miles east of Betws-y-Coed on the A5 with lots of attractions. If you like castles, canals, walking, just relaxing then come along.

The Giler is run by Kim and Adrian and Kim is a smashing cook (her background is rooted in catering management) and Adrian keeps a mean celler with Bathams beer (the only one outside the Black Country) which makes me very happy. There is electricity for those wishing to bring their caravan/mobile home/ trailer tent but please contact Kim as there is limited space for these. I haved reserved one of the two fields for those wishing to just camp which will hold 30 at least. If anyone wishes to fish there is a lake on site as a bonus. Whilst there is not a childrens playground there is a play area for the kicking around of balls etc. B & B is also available but again this needs to be booked in advance and the 'phone number is 01690 770612.

Y Giler Arms - Restaurant, Bar, and Hotel - North Wales

is the website if you fancy a gander. This hotel is located in the heart of Snowdonia with trips to the coast, miniature railways, prisons, the home of Gelert tents nearby at Bedgellert, slate mines, sheepdog training centre, go-karts and loads of other things to do - or not. Don't get worried by the proximity of the A5 as the camping fields are behind fishing lake, pub gardens, hotel so there is no noise - trust me. I have been organising a weekend here for the last 5 years so you can take my word on it - honest. You might even see otters in the stream running through the grounds. Decking has been added for this year on one side of the hotel/restaurant which I have yet to see. Bet the view is good. Because of the running stream there is a stipulation that young children be supervised but with tables and benches in situ this is not a hardship. Dogs are also welcome on site but only allowed inside in the locals ' slate-tiled' bar. There is a snooker room also.

If you need to reserve just tell Kim or Adrian it is Sally's CAG weekend. Those of us with ordinary tents don't have to bother but I would appreciate an e-mail so I can keep an eye on numbers. Can't see this being a problem though. If anyone wants to arrive early/ stay after there will not be a problem as far as I am aware.

I have to confirm the price but it will probably be £5.00 per night for tent and £10 for trailertent/caraven/mobile home.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

• 3 weeks later...

I've spoken to Kim and the prices are being held - they havn't increased in years. So £5 for tents £10 for anything else and B & B also available.

I am attending the Dragon Rally in a fortnight (yes, camping) so will report anything relevant after then.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

WOW thats cheap ...

I bought a tent and all the stuff about 2 years ago but never used it as I can't put it up by myself :(

this looks good though so I will probably go ..I'l just wait and see who else is going who can help me with the tent :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Not a problem, I've put up all sorts of tents for years so I'm sure yours won't be a problem. Was it brand new and what make is it? Can I suggest airbeds - Oswald Bailey do singles for £10 which I find more confortable than my bed. Pumps available from Argos or wherever.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Sounds like fun, :D

I have a large tent, i have only used it once, and had some nice strange men put put it up for me. So im like Janet, i will need help. :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

is anybody bringing the beer tent or would that be janet:rolleyes: :D

LMAO

What a great idea .. I bring the tent and you lot bring all the beers :rolleyes:

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Yeah but who's bringing the strange men for SSL?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well i thought you could volunteer Barra....:D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ah but I'm neither "strange" nor "men".

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yeah but who's bringing the strange men for SSL?

No worries there she has got a habit of attracting all sorts:rolleyes:

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

No worries there she has got a habit of attracting all sorts:rolleyes:

I thought that was Janet's job? :confused:

It IS Janet's job, cos i a nice girl.....:D

F&Q's... Read here

i a nice girl.....:D

Please don't do that, you made me choke! Am in hysterics now...

:-x

You can fall out with some poeple really easy

F&Q's... Read here

It IS Janet's job, cos i a nice girl.....:D

See told you no one would believe you:rolleyes:

Please don't do that, you made me choke! Am in hysterics now...

she has got a habit of doing that as well:D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

That goes for you aswell Tills. .......See above edit!!!!!!:mad:

F&Q's... Read here

Barra speechless

Too busy laughing :grin:

Make the most of it, Janet will soon sort you out!!

F&Q's... Read here

Janet will soon sort you out!!

Please.... stop it!.... don't keep making me laugh like that!!!!

Sounds like fun, :D

I have a large tent, i have only used it once, and had some nice strange men put put it up for me. So im like Janet, i will need help. :p

Cor blimey missus, best keep that on quiet, eh SSL? lol ...

:D

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

I love how brave you are when she isnt around! :p

F&Q's... Read here