any advice re wrong surname on speeding ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my other half is a hgv driver and we have had two letters here that have been addressed to him but with surname spelt slightly differently so he sent them back saying not known at this adress (which is suppose is true although i told him to just pay it!!) anyway we have had a third letter now in the correct name with a court summons but it says 'we have previously sent to letters to bla bla wrong spelt surname ' so even though they got it right this time they still got it wrong in the letters about before! it is his own fault but he is a stubborn old git so what does he do now? he admits he was speeding but does he have to go to court or can he just ring up and say he will pay the fine as it was there typing error that made things delayed?? help xx

hi my other half is a hgv driver and we have had two letters here that have been addressed to him but with surname spelt slightly differently so he sent them back saying not known at this adress (which is suppose is true although i told him to just pay it!!) anyway we have had a third letter now in the correct name with a court summons but it says 'we have previously sent to letters to bla bla wrong spelt surname ' so even though they got it right this time they still got it wrong in the letters about before! it is his own fault but he is a stubborn old git so what does he do now? he admits he was speeding but does he have to go to court or can he just ring up and say he will pay the fine as it was there typing error that made things delayed?? help xx

How long was it between the offence and the 'correct' letter?

Forget typing error. You cannot sign the NIP if you are not the person named on it. Different but similar name is not good enough, you cannot sign.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

we have had two letters here that have been addressed to him but with surname spelt slightly differently so he sent them back saying not known at this adress (which is suppose is true although i told him to just pay it!!) anyway we have had a third letter now in the correct name with a court summons but it says 'we have previously sent to letters to bla bla wrong spelt surname ' so even though they got it right this time they still got it wrong in the letters about before! it is his own fault but he is a stubborn old git so what does he do now? he admits he was speeding but does he have to go to court or can he just ring up and say he will pay the fine as it was there typing error that made things delayed?? help xx

I presume that the first two 'letters' were in fact, NIPs together with S.172 forms to name the driver.

As Bernie has said above, you can only reply to an S.172 request that is in your name.

I am unclear about the third 'letter'. You say that this had the correct name, but is a summons. How have they got the correct name? Did you contact them after the first two letters? What is the summons for (ie what offence(s) alleged)?