Clydesdale Finance / Barclays Partner Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A couple of months back, Clydesdale Finance collections dept kept calling my house, about 3 - 4 times a day for a period of around 2 weeks. Each time by the same person.

He was told on each occasion that I work during the day so could be contacted on my mobile (They confirmed they had this), or at home after 6pm. He ignored this and continued calling my house, annoying my family.

On another occasion, another person from Clydesdale called my house and left the message "If he doesnt call us asap, we will take legal action with regards to the overdue balance on the acount.

Can this be classed as harasment and also can the message be a breach of the Data Protection Act.

I have names and times of the callers.

What can be done if this is the case, other than a pointless complaint with demands for an apology.

Hope this all makes sense,

Jon.

Yes that is a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Clydesdale are swines to deal with, I am having a battle with them at the moment as I am trying to arrange my own DMP and they are having nothing of it

Send this -

Re: Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

I have lifted this off another post, cant remember who's

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

They are no longer calling me as I am now upto date with payments. But I would still like to take action, as I dont agree with how they act and that they are probably doin the same to many others.

Any suggestions??

The problem is - you can make a complaint, and you will get an apology generated by computer. Then you can complain to FOS but nothing will get done, we are just the little people!

I have a very low opinion of Clydesdale / Barclay's. They don't seem to have any respect for their customers.

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

Hi jd

I'd write and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure and see what, if anything they come up with.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 6 months later...

I have just had a call from somone known only as "Richard" from the debt collection office. I'm physically shaking and close to tears writing this. Does this company employ bullies only. I really feel the need to pursue this but apparently calls are not recorded!

Victoria :)

Vixsta14 vs Barclays bank: Won paid out £900 :lol:

Vixsta14 vs Clydesdale financial (Barclays Partner: Still ongoing :(

• 2 weeks later...

barclays formerly clydsdale have been sending me letters charging me £25

a time upto 3 a month

am on a £5 payment scheme ( get upto £75 per month ) have had paid approx £4000 of these charges

sent a s a r 6 weeks ago havent recieved yet but it appears they have taken the £10 off my account

they are real b*****rds to deal with tottaly ignorant and always correct

but ime going to take to court over the charges if i ever get the s a r

Happened to me too, sent the SAR and the £10, and on my next statement they had credited the £10 to the account. I have written again giving them 14 days to come up with my statements or it's off to the information commisioner & FOS. Unfortunately can't threated them with court at the moment as I can't afford the fees. But I'm not letting them off, they are the only creditors on my DMP to still charge interest. I reckon it's all charges I'm paying off now anyway :mad:

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

sent of a reminder 5 days ago pointing out there legal duties

recieved S A R TODAY AND AN APOLOGY

( recieved a letter yesterday ALLIED INTERNATIONAL CREDIT asking for full payment on this account )

----------------------------

right need some help here

S A R goes back to the beggining of the account which is 1997

can i claim from then or only 6 years ?????

varies charges which can i claim back

letter charges £22.50 i know to claim these

unpaid direct debit charges £15

dra consult fee £30 ????

agency comm fee £49 ??? ( applied y6 years after acc opened ? )

i believe the above total approx £1300 in charges on an itial purchase of £700 +£400 credit £1100

have paid a total of £2,350

biglesbo, can you confirm if this is Clydesdale Finance (now Barclays) or Clydesdale Bank which is still part of the National Australia Bank Group?

Also are you in England or Scotland?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So your claim is against Barclays, who've passed the debt to AIC, but the account was with Clydesdale. And the charges are more than the amount of the full debt. Is that right?

Have a good look at the stickies in the top of this forum about the Whistleblower programme. This referred to the bank, but as I see it if Clydesdale Finance belonged to the bank at that time it could equally apply. This sticky explains about the 6 years where this bank are involved.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/76009-yorkshire-bank-limitation-act.html#post663414

If you have your own thread can you post a link to it please to save us hijacking the OPs. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 10 months later...

Yeah they are doing the same thing to me just had a phone call from them, the woman sounded really rude threatening me. They wanted money today but I don't get paid till tomorrow but they wont let me pay them and they took money out of my account in beginning of may I swear man I am going to watch dog because they sound a bit funny.

If anyone is in a dispute with any one of the above name companies which are the same company Barclays partner finance after name change please note the following if having trouble proving cancellation letters and notices arrived at the company. For a fee of £15 you can ask for your case notes to be posted to you or your solicitor but be sure to post recorded delivery. These case notes cannot be altered or edited and may help you prove and win your case if you posted letter and slips unrecorded. Asking for these notes has just won our case for us :D and we are passing on this information you will not get from Barclays themselves so good luck as this company are very hard to deal with but this information may help you win :). Please note if a solicitor goes through your notes it could cost you £200 an hour so I suggest you look through the notes yourself if it goes that far but hopefully with your letter arrival being on record Barcl;ays will give cancellation. But be patient and dont give up as it took 2 years and 4 months to win our case after finding out about the case notes fee :D.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm new on here.

My partner took out a loan from barclays partner finance. When it came to the month that we were to start repayments we got a letter saying to pay on 25th of each month. He gets paid on the 28th of each month, so he called the office to ask that the due date be pushed back to the 29th. They said fine, however on the 26th we got phone calls from them asking why we haven't paid. My partner explained what had happened and they left us alone, and we paid on the 29th. The following months the same thing happened everytime, and each month they have charged us £22 for late payment, and then assured us they have changed the due date. Thenlast month my partner wasn't paid until the 30th, so he paid them on 1st/oct. I am having to answer their abusive calls up to 8 times a day, because they say that he hasn't paid september's payment because it came through on 1st oct:confused: I am seven months pregnant, and feel like I am being constantly assaulted in my own home - everytime the phone rings I jump a mile:cry:

I would like to know if this is harrassment, and if so how to I go about complaining?:-)