comet/accer

flaherty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:roll: reading all the problems with comet and acer i think they should recall them all i have never seen so many unhappy people they wont replace mine its 5mths old and told me i broke screen laptop was red hot for wks and still is its a fire hazzard

Disagree, had my acer aspire 5002WLMi for almost 2 years now and is still in perfect working order (touch wood)...

...like any brand there will always be a few bad apples

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Having problems with mine (4 months old), and looking on the net for examples to support my case, I kind of agree with Flaherty, Acer certainly doesn't seem to come across as very sturdy... When you get that many identical problems over and over again, you do start suspecting that there is something not quite right at manufacturing level.

Having problems with mine (4 months old), and looking on the net for examples to support my case, I kind of agree with Flaherty, Acer certainly doesn't seem to come across as very sturdy... When you get that many identical problems over and over again, you do start suspecting that there is something not quite right at manufacturing level.

would you say dell, Apple and sony are high quality companies in comparison?

if so read on.

ACER has not hit the news with big batch problems. the only reason why there is some forum responses is because so many ACERs have been sold. they are one of UK's highest selling brands. not internationally, but in UK.

so yep they are going to have a few posts about it. just like anything 1 in 10,000 being faulty is an acceptable loss.. when they make millions of laptops thats alot of acceptable faults. but still legally acceptable.

now back to Apple, Dell and Sony.

they have hit the news. they are internationally high selling makes but even they have bad issues.

never assume a company should not be used because of one experience and never bad mouth a company because you personally are not happy. life is unfair. but dont tell people all their products are faulty or have issues just because of your bad experience.

Oh lucky I spotted this, I was just flicking through the forum and noticed the title of this thread. I am planning on getting an ACER Laptop from comet this afternoon for 300 as seems good value, not heard anything said about them untill this thread. Might have to look around for more info.

• 9 months later...

oh sorry didn't realise the thread had an expiry date!

i was looking at laptopsdirect actually

it is there for people to read still and comment as they wish

and i was merely stating a fact that i've had my acer laptop for 5 years with no problems

perhaps lucky or well maintained

perhaps you do not like positive comments

but i will not make assumptions or question other people's actions

cos i'm not interested! :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...