Shorty 377 V Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the initial letter with my £10 to Barclays, I recieved my statements, all good. I trawled through everything and worked out that I am owed just short of £3000!!!! I asked for the cash back and recieved a letter saying that they would give me £1000 as a goodwill gesture. :? What should I do now?? I would love to attempt to get the lot back.

Hey Evzy....i'd send the letter from the templates saying i'll accept as partial settlement blah blah then on to the LBA if not already sent. Going thru some of longer threads on here, icefall's is a good one will help you on your way and generally taking time to understand the whole process. oh and prepare for a long wait :|

hi shorty,

well nice one for getting your statements through!

and £3000. well thats a lot of cash aint it!

i would suggest though that you read through the faqs again, and the step by step instructions. there is all the info you need. but you need to know what you are doing a be prepared for the next step.

it is usual for them to send an offer of goodwill, and there are letters on the site showing which letter to send them back.

i dont mean to sound bossy or anything, but you really do need to know what you are doing, and reading through the site etc has all the info there for you to find. you dont want to send the wrong letter out or anything. so knowledge is power. get reading!

best of luck lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

• 6 months later...

I started a claim against barclays bank back last year and I got as far as they offered me £1000 return, however they owed me just short of £3000. I sent the 'response to settlement offer' declining their offer and I have heard nothing since. I'd say at least 6 months have passed, is it too late to do anything or should I start again??? :confused:

In desperate need of some advice!!! :-|

Thank you :cool:

marie

I have done most of the work for reclaiming my charges, and I am at the stage now where they offered £1000 (the owe me just shy of £3000), i turned down their offer and wrote to them telling them this. That was over 6 months ago and I have heard nothing. Now on some advise I was told to hit back with a letter (the template I got off here), but it includes dates and things of the original letters. I can't find these dates, I have figures and things but I don't know the dates. Should I start again or should I just use approximate dates in the letter?? I know the dates are not the issue and the money is, but I want to do this right so they can't come back with anything other than the £3000 they owe me!!! :confused:

You dont have to inform them again, you can just file the claim at court as you have given them a chance to repay the money. You if you wish to send a letter you can give them 7 days to settle. Just send a shedule of the charges with the letter.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 months later...

I asked for my statements back in May, I then sent a non-compliance letter and all I got in return was a letter saying someone was looking into my case???? I only want my statements, what should I do now??? :-x

Hi Shorty

If you sent your NC Letter over 7 days ago, you are okay to file a claim online MCOL or at your local court for Breach of the Data Protection Act. You can also make an online complaint to the ICO (though they don't have powers to force complaince).

I wouldn't recommend waiting however even after you have filed for non-compliance, you can try calling 0800 282390. You need to answer a couple of security questions to confirm identity, then explain you still haven't had statements and the telephonist staff have the authority (or so they state) to action your statements to be sent out. They are currently quoting a 5 working day wait, which is why I said don't delay your claim file.

Even if you get statements through, they will settle your court fee & damages as per your claim.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 3 months later...

I have been requesting statements from Barclays for months now. They keep sending me letters apologising for the delay and then giving me a 28 day deadline, the 28 days pass, I issue another letter and it starts again. I sent a letter from the templates library saying they had 7 days and I will initiate further action. Now what do I do that those 7 days are up, should I leave it a few more days because of the postal strike or carrying on as normal???

Help, their driving me nuts!! :?

I sent a non - compliance before, I couldn't find the last letter I sent in the templates library, but it was very short and gave them just 7 days before taking legal action (i am currently in work and don't have my claims folder with me to refer too). Can you please give me guidance on what I need to do next or what templat i need to use. Thank you.

If you have still not received the nformation you need to commence a county court claim in the same way as you would for money - however, in the particulars of claim you need to specify that you require the bank to provide the information as outlined in the original Data Protection Act request.

You will find a suggested text for the Particulars of Claim elsewhere in the Bank Template Library.

Sorry, since your original question was about POC's, I assumed you already knew your charges.

Hopefully you have read these:

STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!