• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

London Xmas meet - 24/11/07 - Printworks, Clerkenwell - 18.30

determindator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

xxx  

1. 1. xxx

• x
    • x
    • x

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MTM. Crisis averted. Everything will be fine for me coming down to the big smoke, and going back there's a train all the way to my station, but anyone going further will have to get a coach.

As I swan off I'll tell them they should have booked a coach in the first place.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I know it was a long day and we had a few wines, but wasn't it the Princess Louise:) Alice may be Louises sister that I don't know:p

is that 2 for Covent Garden?

Just a heads up - The Princess Louise is closed for major refurbishments at the moment.

Princess Louise, Holborn, London, WC1V 7BW - pub details # beerintheevening.com

Thanks Steve. Not before time because as Bookie said it was a bit of a dive, but the prices were great, especially for London.;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Has Barra been misbehaving? although I am up for a night out in Hanley, not Burslem, although I could go and catch a game at the MIGHTY VALE before coming out lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

can we decide on some specifics too. is this a daytime / afternoon into evening or evening meet? its only 2 weeks away now

Well I think my train gets in about 11ish, so I was planning to go to hotel, dump belongings, freshen up etc, and assumed it would start early evening. After a bite to eat I was thinking of tootling along to the British Museum to see the Terracotta Army if I had time. If not I want to see the King Tut exhibition too so I can do both at a later date with DD. Of course London does have shops too.;)

Covent Garden is pretty pricey as drinks go - I was there a week ago - you would be better off sharing a bottle of wine than having a lager (at £5 per bottle - not even a pint bottle at that).

I'd go for Oxford Street, there's a nice old fashioned pub behind Liberty's where the drink is reasonable for central London, it's right near the underground (don't forget everyone that the underground can be closed for maintenance over the weekend period - check on Home | Transport for London for details). I think there's even a Weatherspoon's pub just off Oxford Street too.

I'm in the Victoria area tomorrow and can check out what is there if that is better for people.

I'm afarid I'm going to ahve to cry off - i have to have a rot canal done that afternoon, so can't imagine I'll be much in the mood for partying.

Sorry guys.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Covent Garden is pretty pricey as drinks go - I was there a week ago - you would be better off sharing a bottle of wine than having a lager (at £5 per bottle - not even a pint bottle at that).

I'd go for Oxford Street, there's a nice old fashioned pub behind Liberty's where the drink is reasonable for central London, it's right near the underground (don't forget everyone that the underground can be closed for maintenance over the weekend period - check on Home | Transport for London for details). I think there's even a Weatherspoon's pub just off Oxford Street too.

I'm in the Victoria area tomorrow and can check out what is there if that is better for people.

Thanks SG, we will wait for your advices.

If you are looking at Oxford Street there is also a very nice pub in Market Street and also some of the roads off of Gt Portland Street and Market Place and their are also some eateries arround there also.

DS

Oh Tiglet. Surely drink would be just what you need to take your mind off it and numb any pain you may get when the anaesthetic wears off.;)

The other alternative to central London, if people are travelling from Kent and Surrey and other areas is Clapham Junction, plenty of bars and eateries around there, very nice Chinese buffet place which is about £6 per head. I will have a scout around tomorrow and report back.

I know the pub in Market Street, it's not bad but I don't know what it is like on a Saturday afternoon. I work in the Barbican and NOWHERE is open on Saturday/Sunday there... don't know where the locals go for their weekend drinks!

SG, I work up in St Pauls area in Ludgate Hill on a Friday, what about Paternoister SQuare which is very trendy but again I do not know what it is like at the weekends and weather their is any cheap eateries arround.

If it were to be a Clapham.... I certainly would not consider it... sorry.

DS

Oh Tiglet. Surely drink would be just what you need to take your mind off it and numb any pain you may get when the anaesthetic wears off.;)

Sounds good - unfortunately, i always throw up about an hour after having dental treatment - a total phobic, i'm afarid.

Will keep subscribed to the thread and if a miracle occurs and I feel OK, I'll be happy to come along.

The pub at the back of Liberty's (the green man, I think) is actually quite good.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

DS - I work opposite the Barbican centre so Farringdon is where we usually have our drinks, don't know Paternoster Square well but can check it out. I am actually moving jobs on 30th Nov so will be in a different area.

I am in Gt Portland St on Tuesday evening so will check out around there too - have about an hour between work and the 'do' I've been invited to so can also find out the name of the place behind Liberty's...

Sounds good - unfortunately, i always throw up about an hour after having dental treatment - a total phobic, i'm afarid.

Me too, I haven't been to the dentist in ages - and you mean to say you found one open on a Saturday?

The pub at the back of Liberty's (the green man, I think) is actually quite good.

It always gets mentioned in mag articles, I know Metro ran a piece on it - it's one of the few that isn't part of a chain. Lovely traditional place and last time I was there (around Easter) a glass of wine was £3.25 and a pint was £2.50. Other places were £6 for a wine and £5 for a pint.

I'm on one of my 'meet myself coming back in the opposite direction' phases next week, interview on Monday for new job, do at the BBC Club on Tuesday night, Wednesday I'm in Tooting for the evening, Thursday possibly in Croydon and Friday in London and Tooting and home in Sutton.

And I could spend the afternoon in Liberty's!:D

Will the lights in Oxford Street be switched on by 24th November, does anyone know.

By the way, the pub behind Liberties should be a good venue and location so that Caro can go to Liberties and all the other nice shops in Regent Stret, but if SG finds anything else... we can always have a re think.

I feel we are getting somewhere!

DS

...I have contacts through my company in the nightclub/pub business - could probably sort out a private area.

Also ahve some drinks companies on board - might be able to arrange some sort of sponsorship (cheap cocktails using their brands or something).

Only offering - not trying to sell my services! (Unlike Lula)

Just cos U don't REALLY want to come tiglet...How about setting some Freebies up for other peeps anyway??...:p

...Would U have to be there for everyone else to be able to take advantage of any CHEAP deals/offers that U could most kindly set up??...:)

...have we decided where in Covent Gardens we are meeting and at what time.
???...Did we DS???...:confused:

Covent Garden is pretty pricey as drinks go - I was there a week ago - you would be better off sharing a bottle of wine than having a lager (at £5 per bottle - not even a pint bottle at that)....EXACTLY the point of the HIGH cost that I've been trying to make all along!

I'd go for Oxford Street, there's a nice old fashioned pub behind Liberty's where the drink is reasonable for central London, it's right near the underground (don't forget everyone that the underground can be closed for maintenance over the weekend period - check on Home | Transport for London for details)....Tube Engineering Works eh?...Who would have thought that they would have been a factor in peeps travel plans??...:rolleyes: I think there's even a Weatherspoon's pub just off Oxford Street too.

I'm in the Victoria area tomorrow...Oooo SNAP!!!...lol...:) and can check out what is there if that is better for people.

I'm afarid I'm going to ahve to cry off - i have to have a rot canal done that afternoon, so can't imagine I'll be much in the mood for partying.

Sorry guys.

...unfortunately, i always throw up about an hour after having dental treatment - a total phobic, i'm afarid.
The MORE that comes out tiglet...The MORE room that U will have for 'beverages'!...lol...:-D

Ok, after reviewing the thread, I think that in the failure to have a positive consensus, no-one seemed to have major objections to the Farringdon area, so I propose:

Printworks, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 3HJ - pub details # beerintheevening.com

I have been there a few times when Crusher comes up from Cornwall: It is big, it is clean, it is cheapish, doesn't have music blaring, and within easy reach of quite a few people who are travelling from outside London.

With only a couple of weeks to go, I feel we need to decide once and for all, otherwise, the day before, we'll still be arguing with no decision made.

What say the others?