• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

London Xmas meet - 24/11/07 - Printworks, Clerkenwell - 18.30

determindator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

xxx  

1. 1. xxx

• x
    • x
    • x

Actually the point about Christmas lights etc is good. Oxford/Regent Street is likely to be packed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, after reviewing the thread, I think that in the failure to have a positive consensus, no-one seemed to have major objections to the Farringdon area, so I propose:

Printworks, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 3HJ - pub details # beerintheevening.com

I have been there a few times when Crusher comes up from Cornwall: It is big, it is clean, it is cheapish, doesn't have music blaring, and within easy reach of quite a few people who are travelling from outside London.

With only a couple of weeks to go, I feel we need to decide once and for all, otherwise, the day before, we'll still be arguing with no decision made.

What say the others?

LOL Bookie, I was just thinking of asking about that one, which I think is the one that Lula meant. I'm thinking a bit more clearly today, and that's pretty close to the Swinton Hotel, according to google maps so perfect IMO. I can still go for a wander in Liberty's or whatever else I decide to do.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As with the rest of the country it is non-smoking, and I understand that the facilities for smokers outside are the usual Wetherspoons ones. The prices in these places you don't need a deal. You know what to expect in any of their chain.

With Tiglet having root canal and the previous health problems she has had over the last few weeks, I feel it would be unfair to ask her for assistance, even if she were able to provide them. As Caro says, Weatherspoons' prices are reasonable enough that we should be ok.

Smoking is at the top of the stairs, turn right or turn left, it's the street either way. :-D

My only thing about this place is there isn't really anything else going on in the area on a Saturday, remember it is the City and they might also close earlier...

That's why I thought of the place behind Liberty's, very easy to find, right next to the tube, and has plenty of choice for alternatives should people want something different (Chinatown isn't far from their either).

..Smoking is at the top of the stairs, turn right or turn left, it's the street either way. :-D
So NO Beer Garden or easy same level access to the Smoking Area then??

It could make all the difference to a Member who has mobility impairments!

How could they possibly enjoy the event the same as the more able bodied peeps??...:Cry:

According to the website it has excellent wheelchair access. Can't comment on what else is around being a country bumpkin myself. Not even Home Counties don't ya know.;)

If you bothered reading the comments in the link provided instead of just raising objections, you would have seen that:

Despite being in a basement, this pub is fully accessible for wheelchair users via a lift just inside the doorway. There is a disabled toilet.

PS: *I* have mobility impairments. I wouldn't choose a place that wouldn't be disabled-friendly. ;-)

This is the place I know, the Green Man is more towards Berwick St (is the market on there open Saturdays or am I showing my age....)

Red Lion, Soho, London, W1B 5PP - pub details # beerintheevening.com

The Clerkenwell place is okay but as I say it is very limited for eateries around the area. I can check it out at lunchtime during the week as it's just up the road from work and find out what their menu is like - I'd definately want some sort of meal if it is a late afternoon/early evening do.

If you bothered reading the comments in the link provided instead of just raising objections...
My mistake, I most profusely apologise...:oops: :oops: :oops:

Corporate Websites are notoriously out of date.

With U having visited this establishment previously, I suppose that I was wrong to ask for the definitive 'Lonely Planet' version, straight from the Worm's Gob...so to speak??!...:)

This is the place I know, the Green Man is more towards Berwick St (is the market on there open Saturdays or am I showing my age....)

Red Lion, Soho, London, W1B 5PP - pub details # beerintheevening.com

The Clerkenwell place is okay but as I say it is very limited for eateries around the area. I can check it out at lunchtime during the week as it's just up the road from work and find out what their menu is like - I'd definately want some sort of meal if it is a late afternoon/early evening do.

As Gizmo said earlier in the thread, those of us with a way to travel need to book hotel rooms and hoped to reach a decision pdq to book. Getting close to Christmas anywhere reasonably priced will be getting booked up..... I know she hoped to book on Friday, but couldn't because we hadn't settled where. Wherever it is will be new to me, but I must be able to get back to my hotel, wherever it is relatively easily. Last time I went walkabout in London it took hours of walking and being fleeced by a supposed cab driver who took us to the wrong hotel.:evil:

I am with MTM about not liking the tube at night.:Cry:

I too have slight mobility problems, going DOWN stairs is a bit of a hassle, okay if I can hold onto a rail but if I have a bad foot AND hand day then I am like a very old lady.

I need to use the underground for part of my journey and know that sometimes Farringdon and the Barbican can be closed on Saturdays, it's best to check the TFL website given earlier.

The other thing is - how do we identify eachother - I could wear a badge with my name on it, or carry a red flower or something - this is something else which needs to be discussed....

...I am with MTM about not liking the tube at night.:Cry:
I didn't say that I didn't like the Tube at night Caro??!

What I said was that some Members might be uneasy about using it!

I try NOT to think about myself + think of other Members concerns who may not be as pro-active in their Postings, but who would like to attend the meeting also....

Cost/Transport/Accommodation/Personal Security are major factors for some peeps who may be on a tight budget etc.

On a personal level...

Anywhere in the suburbs would be ideal for me.

I could travel there in my car, get a parking space + NOT have to pay a Congestion Charge.

Public Transport is sooo haphazardous at the W/E...:)

The Oxford Street lights are already on, switched on 8th November by Leona Lewis, got caught out by that last year - decided to do late night shopping after work and couldn't get out of Oxford Circus so had to go to Piccadilly Circus and work my way back.

My neck of the woods, Sutton, Surrey has a very lively high street with loads of pubs, a couple of reasonable hotels and quite a bit of good parking (including the area behind my block) so if anyone is thinking of a second meet in the New Year - my 50th birthday is Jan 3rd - we could cruise the town like the youngsters.

The uniform is very basic for that, short skirt, long boots, top too tight for you, and no jacket, but accessories are bling, bling and bling and a mobile phone and small purse.

I stand corrected MTM. If peeps have got concerns then I hope they will post them so we can make sure as many as poss are happy with the arrangements and will come.

As regards recognising each other, just listen out for the rather loud French woman, or we could do some little badges with our user names on for ID purposes.;)

I like the sound of the birthday bash silly girl, but you really don't want me there in that uniform.:eek:

I like the sound of the birthday bash silly girl, but you really don't want me there in that uniform.:eek:

Which uniform is this? Can't be as distinctive as one of my sisters, she is a Forensic scientist with the Met..

I must admit though I'm going to be like the Queen and have several bashes -

a) my birthday is too close to the New Year for a lot of people

b) I have two very different regular pubs and the people wouldn't mix too well

c) I also have a large family (one of 7 with about 30 odd nephews and nieces) and will have a family do as well... again friends and family could bring a few surprises!

You're in Sutton, SG? Not far from me, then, I'm on the other side of Croydon!

I like Sutton, used to work at the Domino's at the bottom of the one way system many years ago.... (Quick recap in head, OMG, 17 years ago! :shock:)

Domino's is still there... although the old Cricketers pub is now closed, seems the landlord did a runner with the takings... I am at the top of Sutton but used to live at the bottom. Went to school in Sutton and remember when the high street used to close on a Wednesday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.

The uniform is very basic for that, short skirt, long boots, top too tight for you, and no jacket, but accessories are bling, bling and bling and a mobile phone and small purse.

This uniform. Bookie would probably go for it, but I'm built for comfort now speed. Need my thermals in January. lol

I have a similar birthday next year as well as silver wedding, and my niece getting married, all within 6 weeks so expecting plenty of parties too.;)