Job Application - Help Please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello!

Please can anyone who works for a bank help me. I have just applied for a job with RBS and have a face to face interview soon my question is will they still employ me if I have a default on my credit file?

I have an excellent credit history over six years, however the default occured in dec o5 for 600 which is fully paid after I was off work long term sick. I have put a notice of correction on my credit file.

I have recently taken out a big loan with the rbs as they said my credit score is very good with them, so i hope the fact i have a good history but an old paid default will not stop me from getting the job.

also just to be cheeky can amyone inform me what sort of thing to expect at me interview, i have never worked within a bank I come from a travel background.

I am sure i read somewhere on hear that a student applied to the bank and he was worried about the fact he had a default, but i think he was honest with them and he got the job !! his was a paid default.

any help would be gratefully received.

Hi MMP

1. Have you given them written permission to check your credit status? If not they can't.

If you have given them permission it's unlikely (in my opinion) to cause a problem. I know of quite a few Bank Staff who got their jobs with Credit References that were very much less than perfect.

2. If the default is marked as "settled" and there is a notice of correction on it I doubt it will cause a problem.

As you have taken a loan with them i think it's highly unlikely it's going to be a problem, however I think it may be wise to discuss it with the Human Resources people if you are offered a post.

Always best to be honest and up front in these situations.

3. I can't help with the interview as I never worked for RBS. However I may be able to give you some pointers if you can disclose what the role you have applied for is.

You said you have a face to face interview, can I infer from that that you have had a telephone interview? If so, what sort of things were asked?

Good Luck and pop back to give us some more info on the job. I'm sure there will be someone who has either been in a similar role or interviewed for such.

:)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

• 4 weeks later...

I too don't work for RBS but I think I can use my expereience of the industry to make a guess what the interview will be like (so long as it is in the retail area)

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Hi missmoneypenny1!

I can tell you first hand on this one...... I THINK they should be ok. I had an app turned down, simply because the debt was outstanding, otherwise I'd have been fine.

The interview is likely to be competency based: give me of an example when you.......

provided outstanding customer service

worked well as part of a tem

resolved a tricky situation

hope this helps, and good luck!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks all to your replies and I am now an employee of a bank !! not RBS though !!

thanks for the interview question tips this helped me prepare! never worked for a bank before always been in the travel industry !

I will declare the default but i am sure it will be ok as its settled and was a while ago, cant see it being a prob as RBS have just given me a loan.

thanks again as always on this site.