New type of bank account

mauritius
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a pre paid mastercard accepted just about everywhere i get charged 4.95 per month and its working well for me you can have salary paid in or top it up at the post office, i got it from mycashplus dot co dot uk no credit checks read all the terms and conditions to make sure its ok for you. i know i need to pay 4.95 per month and i budget for that so far ive not had any other charges.

I had the Think Banking account for 3 weeks, i had also applied to Coop and Halifax. I did not realise at the time it was part of the Gregory Pennington group and not once was i told from them either. I only found out after i had opened the account and done a google search.

2 weeks later i received acceptance letters from both Coop and Halifax which i was really suprised about, as i have bad credit rating.

I then rang up and cancelled this account straight away, losing out on the fees of course.

My opinion is try others first and only use this as a last resort. I was desperate to get away from Lloyds and Think banking opened the account straight away. :)

• 4 months later...

:)

I have read this thread with great interest, so thank you for all your posts...

The reason being that my partner and I have just started the process of an IVA, WITH Gregory Pennington AND we have been given a Thinkbanking account...!

Now I am really worried that we are going to be screwed over or something.

I thought it all sounded a bit too good to be true..!

Hey MemmaJ, I hope your mind was put at ease, one of my family has an IVA with Gregorry Pennington too and the Think Bank account - it's the best thing they've ever done!

They've not been 'screwed' at all!! Yeah, they pay £15? per month for the bank but they NEVER can spend more than they have or get bank charges [after they were gettin £60 pm from H'fax £15 pm is great] and to be honest, I wasn't in any state they were and now I have one!

Mine's £12.50pm [there's is joint so it's different] and I did pay £25 but even paying them everymonth, I'll still be better off then I was before with charges.

I know someone asked what happens if bills change - well, they call me when my mobile bill is more than I set aside and then I choose what to do.

Think the people slagging it need to know more. Might not be for everyone - nothin ever is!

Good luck sortin things out:)

:)

Hey MemmaJ, I hope your mind was put at ease, one of my family has an IVA with Gregorry Pennington too and the Think Bank account - it's the best thing they've ever done!

They've not been 'screwed' at all!! Yeah, they pay £15? per month for the bank but they NEVER can spend more than they have or get bank charges [after they were gettin £60 pm from H'fax £15 pm is great] and to be honest, I wasn't in any state they were and now I have one!

Mine's £12.50pm [there's is joint so it's different] and I did pay £25 but even paying them everymonth, I'll still be better off then I was before with charges.

I know someone asked what happens if bills change - well, they call me when my mobile bill is more than I set aside and then I choose what to do.

Think the people slagging it need to know more. Might not be for everyone - nothin ever is!

Good luck sortin things out:)

why didnt you just claim your charges back?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

We both tried, got letter back saying they were not going to do anything and to be honest, even though we got the claim forms, we just didn't persue it. I believe all claims are now on hold?

Even if we did get them back, don't think I'd ever go back to one of those accounts. I love having one person to deal with and they're so lovely - at least I know I can't get in trouble now!!

its true that claims are on hold but you should file with court anyway

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON