Anyone want to buy a house?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone want a lovely 400 year old granite Cornish house, 4 double bedrooms.

Lovely kitchen, fantastic ornate ceiling in the front room.

rear garden with decking, moments from the river, loads of beaches within a few moments drive.

some of the finest sailing waters in the UK, in the third largest natural harbour in the world!

£275,000

WOW, thats a bargain!!! I'll take it :)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha - yes the boiler problems are all sorted - so it'll be quite some time before they go again I would have thought.

Thanks to the last time though, the whole house has been referbished - was completed last Oct.

What are the neighbours like dave? *chortle*

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

That's what I'm after, plus I only have to do the job I'm doing (and I got bored with this after 10 years, five years ago), because it's the only thing I can do that brings in enough money to pay for the house(s), so without them I'm free to retrain, or simply go and be a petrol pump attendent.

I'm fed up with earning a decent wage, and always having no money.

This seems to solve all of those problems.

Plus, with the luck I've had with houses, I want it to be someone elses problem WHEN they go wrong.

I've had 2 boilers go and flood the house, the last one burnt part of it too, the electrics went at one point and all had to be done again, the list is endless over a 7 year period, so I think it might be for the best.

You totally sound like I feel like at the moment Dave!

Since when did it become law that we all had to flog our guts out in jobs that we trained for then ultimately began to hate just to own a house that; isn't ours for at least 25 years, that costs us a fortune whilst we're paying the mortgage and keeps us pegged to the aforementioned job regardless???? :confused:

Where's that petrol pump?? - I'm right behind you!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I feel a bit like Lester Burnham in American Beauty - where he walks into a Macdonalds type resteraunt and says "I'm after a job" and the lady says, "we have no management positions available.", "Nope, I want a job with the least amount of responsibilty possible."

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I feel a bit like Lester Burnham in American Beauty - where he walks into a Macdonalds type resteraunt and says "I'm after a job" and the lady says, "we have no management positions available.", "Nope, I want a job with the least amount of responsibilty possible."

Dave, you are voicing my own thoughts! I earn a damned good wage and have debts that I'll be years paying off. I'm sick of having no money!! :(

Yeah, I've had a run of a couple of bad years, and I'm thinking now is the time - especially with the uncertainty in the economy. I can't understand how it hasn't collapsed yet - record levels of unsecured debt, low wages (being subsidised by high cost credit in a lot of places), 2 in 5 famillies regulary paying utility bills on credit cards etc...

So, with the debts that were left to me (by my ex, the mother of my children) and the mortgage et al. I never seem to have any money at all - I always seem to be worrying about how to pay for petrol to get to work and so on.

The answer seems blindingly obvious to me now. Ditch the house, use the dosh to do up my other house in France so I can let it out in the summer months next year, clear all the debts (which the equity in the house will very easily cover), find a job closer to home (hopefully within cycling distance, and regardless of wage as I won't need as much money), and then find a cheap flat to rent in my area.

No longer will I have to sit in front of a computer all day (and night) killing my back and slowly getting fatter.

I couldn't bare another 35 years of doing that until I retire.

If I really have to, I can always return to programming, and luckily a friend of mine has just set up a company in Copenhagen and often has programming contracts that he has said he will sub-let to me.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Ha - I wasn't after sympathy.

------------

------------

Dave - is this the house you were trying to sell last year, or are you just downsizing your property portfolio?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No, last year I was going to sell the French house, but I've decided that this would be the better option.

I can use the money from this house here to create an income from the other in the summer months and therefore, don't have to earn as much and stay in a career that I'm extremely bored with.

------------

------------

Yeah, I've had a run of a couple of bad years, and I'm thinking now is the time - especially with the uncertainty in the economy. I can't understand how it hasn't collapsed yet - record levels of unsecured debt, low wages (being subsidised by high cost credit in a lot of places), 2 in 5 famillies regulary paying utility bills on credit cards etc...

So, with the debts that were left to me (by my ex, the mother of my children) and the mortgage et al. I never seem to have any money at all - I always seem to be worrying about how to pay for petrol to get to work and so on.

The answer seems blindingly obvious to me now. Ditch the house, use the dosh to do up my other house in France so I can let it out in the summer months next year, clear all the debts (which the equity in the house will very easily cover), find a job closer to home (hopefully within cycling distance, and regardless of wage as I won't need as much money), and then find a cheap flat to rent in my area.

No longer will I have to sit in front of a computer all day (and night) killing my back and slowly getting fatter.

I couldn't bare another 35 years of doing that until I retire.

If I really have to, I can always return to programming, and luckily a friend of mine has just set up a company in Copenhagen and often has programming contracts that he has said he will sub-let to me.

Not looking for sympathy? Hmmmnnn :rolleyes:

Dave, I reckon you'd be best off making plans for the next 3-6 months rather than actually doing anything. Get everything down on paper, write down all the pros and cons of each option, decide what you want to be doing in 12 months or even 5 years time............. then pick the option that fits.

At least that way, you'll be doing something that you know you really want to do, as opposed to doing something quickly because you're totally cheesed off with everything at the moment. It's too easy to just 'do something' when you feel cr*appie, but if you've got a serious chance of changing your life for the better............ give it a bit more planning time. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

It does Pete. I took a snap shot of where my life was heading about 23 years ago, and changed it. I had 2 dangerous jobs and thought it was time to pack it in, When the Adrenalin rush no longer gives you the buzz, that's when mistakes are made and the cost is very high. I am glad i made those decisions back then. I have settled down with my Partner and we are both happy.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

For me, I know the house is the only tangible security we have. Pensions are cr... rubbish, and at least, I know that if all else fails and we are in dire straits in our old days, we'll have a roof of our own over our heads, without being at risk of rent increases and what not. I've had too many bad experiences with landlords, private or not, and never want to be back at their mercy. That's just me, though.

Well, the house was valued at £205k on Friday, so I'm gonna put it up for £185k in attempt to sell quickly.

Any takers?

------------

------------

Well, the house was valued at £205k on Friday, so I'm gonna put it up for £185k in attempt to sell quickly.

Any takers?

Put it up for £195 and offer to pay the stamp duty - people like a bargain - leaves you room to drop the price.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

At what price does stamp duty kick in?

------------

------------