Help - Aggressive response from Northern Rock

paulif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got the court papers yesterday

they were for Northampton transferring it to my local county court

in the papers requesting the set aside NR say they are also going to claim against me for their legal costs

this seems outrageous to me

I thought one of the whole points of the small claims system was protecting normal people from liability against legal costs of the plaintiff

what also amazes me is that NR have had the opportunity to issue a defence when I first made the claim with MCOL

they did not

I then got a judgement by default, which they did not respond to either

I then phoned them and asked them what they were intending on doing

they were extremity aggressive and still did nothing even though they said they were going to apply for a set aside

I then phoned them again and said that if they did not pay me or apply for the set aside I would apply for a warrant of execution

they were extremely aggressive again even telling me "do you know who you are messing with?"

I then applied for the warrant and still they did nothing

seven days late when the bailiffs went to their head office they only then applied for the set aside

how can a high street bank be allowed to behave like this?

would I be able to send bailiffs away saying I was applying for a set aside?

I don’t think they would put up with that if I tried it!!

once all this out the way I intend to complain to the OFT, the FSA, the banking ombudsman and the lord chancellors office....

Anywhere else I can complain to?

I want these retarded Mafioso wannabes to get the message that they cannot treat people and the courts with such outrageous disrespect

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PaulIf

Its no consolation but they did not threaten me with there costs, when they applied for the 'set aside'.

I wonder if the threat of the bailiffs turning up had this adverse effect.

But it appears to be a common theme they use then react after the event.

Yes I agree its taking the'micky' somewhat, as i dare say the ordinary person , the likes of you and i would not get away with it.

but I am not sure what you can do about it, can you bring it to the attention of the court???????

The judge in my case has agreed to the judgement to be set aside.

NR have filed there defence as planned within the 7days.

Now waiting for the courts, for next step but i gather it will be the AQ to be completed and returned??

More time and time

It matters not whether have applied for a set aside. What matters is whether a judge decides to let them have a set aside.

Have you had anything from the court to confirm that they have actually applied for a set aside?

yep the papers i received yesterday were to say that because NR had applied for a set aside the case was being transferred to my local county court and contained the details of their application for the set aside.

i am not panicing

i am just very surprised that the bank behaves like this

i dont see why they would

they know they are going to pay me back the money they have [edit]

and to poke the bear through the bars the whole time will eventually end in tears

they must know that

see page 2 of this thread i have posted a copy of their defence

this is what they sent me after i told them i had a judgement by default

for some reason that i do not understand they never submitted that to the court but instead waited until the baillifs were at their head office before they acted

Yes they might be running around in circles but at Paul has said they can cry wolf and ask for a set aside to play for time.

But were as the ordinary punter puts the time into getting his side correct the banks just mess about and play the system.

Thus they waste lots of the courts time and effort, and drag out the cases.

This is perfectly normal behaviour for any debtor who suddenly finds themselves in a situation that has run out of their control all of a sudden.

They are flailing about wildly, clutching at straws, in the same way I would if NR's bailiffs were trying to reposess anything of mine.

The people paulif is having to deal with, are the sort who like to think that they are the cream of the the crop, the dog's danglies. Untouchable.

Well- they found out they are just as touchable as anyone else when paulif's bailiffs turned up, and they did the only thing open to them for a quick fix to make the problem go away.

For a wee while.

(In the the same way as I would have tried to, after trying to nip over the back wall, after making a break from the cupboard under the stairs)

They know what is coming, but being the control freaks that they are, are having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that the court is eventually going to allow paulif to use their inflated corporate ego as a doormat.

The person responsible is going to get his nuts roasted over this.

That comment was not directed at you paulif. Im just suprised at the lack of anyone else taking an interest in what is a potentially explosive case.

I suggest the bank saying " do you know who youre dealing with?" isnt far from to a threat of physical violence.

Well, where I live it isnt.

That comment was not directed at you paulif. Im just suprised at the lack of anyone else taking an interest in what is a potentially explosive case.

I suggest the bank saying " do you know who youre dealing with?" isnt far from to a threat of physical violence.

Well, where I live it isnt.

I certainly am v interested in this and I'm sure there are quite a few others too on the site.

The only observation I would make is that I am always reluctant to discuss these matters on the phone - certainly at this stage - it would have been much better to elicit their aggressive stance from correspondance you can use at court. They have a duty to be professional and reasonable about these matters, and that is a very strong defence.

Wait and see what their reasonable defence will bring.

I share your frustration and I know I advocated writing to the court about their tactics, but there will be an opportunity for you to present this to the court in a reasonable measured manner (what a climbdown for a hothead like me :D)

Hope you agree...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i already know what their defence will be

see page 2 of this thread

i am sick of them delaying and threatening me

the fact that they had the audacity to put that they are going to sue me for legal costs on a court document really amazes me...

i have heard from the court in northampton that they have transferred to my local court but i have not heard anything further

other than waiting what else should i be doing?