Focus on a poor response from Trading Standards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It appears to me that unless you already have a cast iron case against the company you are complaining about TS are quite happy to close complaints against them.

IE Blair Oliver Scott, TS say they are not the original creditor and you have to contact the Halifax for your CCA request.

DO I, when they are the company demanding payments and threatening court action.

This is a real shame...! Tameside Trading Standards Service is on the telly at the moment (The Consumer Police - on ITV1)...

And from personal experience,,, An A1 exceptional service... (Tameside)

But, move just over the border to Manchester Trading Standards...

The service stinks... They don't reply to anything... Can't really say any more other than it's a really rubbish service!

Personally, I sent them a whole file full of copy letters and got a reply back

saying.. "We did ask them nicely on your behalf..." Talk about a whole lot of b*ll*cks...

In my experience, each Trading Standards Service is differnet, and should be treated as such...

Regards, Dave.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Like trying to find a nice Chinese takeaway...

Which, had you watched, "The Consumer Police" tonight, you wouldn't want to be doing!! LOL!! sick0025.gif

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Oh dear. That does put me off. Some local councils publish food outlet hygiene results. They are few and far between though. I complained to my local council, but they fobbed me off. Some of the stories I have heard make me physically sick. Hairs are the least of our worries. Yikes. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I have to agree with Dave here.

My local TS has been excellent, now that might be because I'm dealing with the DCA liaison officer. Admittedly when it comes to CCA I know more then him, but he is working hard on my behalf.

At the end of the day is you aren't getting any joy from TS go higher, OFT and FOS spring to mind.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Trading standards officers are public servants and accountable to the people via the elected representatives. Anyone fobbed off because a debt collector doesn't comply with a cca request for instance should make a complaint to their councillor. It may just be that you hit the officer on a bad day but it may be that they want reminding they exist to serve the public and not their own self interest. They have a duty to act where consumer law is being broken.

I have to agree with Dave here.

My local TS has been excellent, now that might be because I'm dealing with the DCA liaison officer. Admittedly when it comes to CCA I know more then him, but he is working hard on my behalf.

At the end of the day is you aren't getting any joy from TS go higher, OFT and FOS spring to mind.

and NailPost:

Trading standards officers are public servants and accountable to the people via the elected representatives. Anyone fobbed off because a debt collector doesn't comply with a cca request for instance should make a complaint to their councillor. It may just be that you hit the officer on a bad day but it may be that they want reminding they exist to serve the public and not their own self interest. They have a duty to act where consumer law is being broken.

I agree.

Think about dog muck on your shoe.

First thing you want to do is get it off your shoe.

Then you look for where it was, to warn other people. Or clean the pavement yourself, to stop anyone else from having to tread in it.

Then you complain about dog poo on the pavement.

And with a complaint about something that will affect others, always, always take it higher, until you reach the 'proper' Dog Poo Police. As high as it takes.:)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The best thing to do if you are getting nowhere with you local T/S is write to your local MP.

The MP will write to them and they have to act.

The last resort is The Local Government Ombudsman

Cheers

RO

QUICK QUESTION if i ask trading standards to question a company and the company says to trading standards we dont have the authority of the person (who trading standards are making the enquiry for)dont trading standards have a right to request this information ...without the persons express authority

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Trading Standards send a release form to sign, so that they can act on your behalf....

I've had dealings with... Tameside, Manchester, Salford, Leeds, Brighton, Bellshill Trading Standards. Every one has sent a release/permission form before they've acted...

Regards, Dave.

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Sounds like you have ended up talking with the wrong people there.

I know that the Preston office does have a dedicated DCA liaison for my bestest friends.

Here's his contact info:

Steven Brimble,

Lead Officer,

Lancashire County Council,

58-60 Guildhall Buildings,

Preston,

PR1 3NU

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I think it depends who you speak to....Diskmandave I believe is dealing with Manchester TS in respect of Robberscum Way as I am to, but I have had a young chap dealing with my case and he has been superb in the advice he has given, yet there has no communication from them without me contacting them, which is disappointing.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

the reason i asked this question was,if the DCAs do not own the debt then how can they handle debt matters for the bank?

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/115323-complaint-re-chester-trading.html

There is now a mass complaint being raised regarding TS - regarding their failure to act and resolve impartially...

Although initially it involves their actions regarding MBNA's compliance -or lack of it - it is in general regarding the overall guidance, information and lack of willing to enforce against creditors.!

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

If you have any complaints about the holder of a Consumer Credit Licence, especially if they've breached the OFT guidelines on debt collection please write - including evidence - to:

Office of Fair Trading

Consumer Credit Licencing

Room 1C/5

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

They will not follow up individual complaints, but in a written reply to my compaint about Cabot told me this:

We investigate all complaints received about consumer credit licence holders and, where we have the necessary evidence, we do take appropriate action. In our initial investigation of all complaints we consider how many complaints we have received overall and how strong the evidence is to support any action. It is unlikely that a licence would be revoked on the strength of one complaint.

Where we have strong evidence that unfair business practices have occurred, we may take steps to revoke or refuse the licence of the business in question. However, if we are to do this we need to take account of factors such as the number of complaints received how recent they are and how well evidenced.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

If you have any complaints about the holder of a Consumer Credit Licence, especially if they've breached the OFT guidelines on debt collection please write - including evidence - to:

Office of Fair Trading

Consumer Credit Licencing

Room 1C/5

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

They will not follow up individual complaints, but in a written reply to my compaint about Cabot told me this:

We investigate all complaints received about consumer credit licence holders and, where we have the necessary evidence, we do take appropriate action. In our initial investigation of all complaints we consider how many complaints we have received overall and how strong the evidence is to support any action. It is unlikely that a licence would be revoked on the strength of one complaint.

Where we have strong evidence that unfair business practices have occurred, we may take steps to revoke or refuse the licence of the business in question. However, if we are to do this we need to take account of factors such as the number of complaints received how recent they are and how well evidenced.

Hi dj

I've peersonally witnessed a now growing number of consumers writing complaints to TS regarding creditors.

As well evidenced, and provided with all appropriate records, letters, VOICE RECORDINGS etc, they seem very very reluctant to pursue certain companies - MBNA is one of them.

Considering that TS Chester apparently (by their own admission) have a weekly meeting with them - they fail to address and report back to consumers that their complaint has been actioned.

Quote often stating 'We are unable to act/enforce further regarding this complaint'.

This smacks of something not quite right.

I wonder if certain creditors premises are nearby to local golf courses, or plush restaurants???

Anyway - the complaint is gathering evidence, and speed - anyone who has some info - as small as it may be, will assist in clarity and proof of failing on TS's part. (Not just with MBNA either).

Wew really do need to take authorities to task, if they are suppoed to champion the consumers' rights...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....r-trading.html

Just on a side note, if I do need to use the TS, do I write to Manchester (Where I am from) or do I use the one where Aktiv idiots are?

Hi molly

your initial enquiry should be to your local TS office.

If they cannot deal with the issue, they may refer your case to the creditors local TS or Home Authority for them to deal with.