halifax offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

sent small claim to halifax

for over/late fees plus interest on fees to sum of £517.19 halifax offered £384.00(amount of fees without any interest)

8% interest claim for £78.36 halifax offered £64.86

claim compound interest to sum of £224.79 -- Quote for halifax "halifax does not consider that I am entitled to remaining interest"

allow the amount offered will clear my balance I will like to get as much as i can out of them.

this is the 1st offer halifax has made

they have until sept 14th to replied

michelle

hi

sent small claim to halifax

for over/late fees plus interest on fees to sum of £517.19 halifax offered £384.00(amount of fees without any interest)

8% interest claim for £78.36 halifax offered £64.86

claim compound interest to sum of £224.79 -- Quote for halifax "halifax does not consider that I am entitled to remaining interest"

allow the amount offered will clear my balance I will like to get as much as i can out of them.

this is the 1st offer halifax has made

they have until sept 14th to replied

michelle

At what stage are you Michelle? you do not have to accept the offer, or accept it as part payment, but we realy need more details to give you the best advice.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi Michelle Stone is right.

Can you post some more information please. I checked your last post on your Halifax thread but you last posted during November 2006. Whats happened since please? Is this the same case, have you been to court?

Good luck and we will do our best when you get back to us.:)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Hi guys

Sorry for confusing the situation..

This claim is against Halifax CC.... and the stage I am at is...in the middle of the court claim...

I sent my papers to the courts on 21/07 got letter back on 3/08 saying the Respondent has until the 14th Sept to replied.....received letter today 25/08 with the offer...which falls abit short of claim.

is there any point contuing for full amount or settle for what I got (which will clear the card, but if I get all of claim it will clear 2 cards)

michelle

Hi Michelle

I take it then you have already had your Notice of Issue from the Court and they said the bank has until 14th Sept to File Defence.

Unfortunately no-one on here can tell you what to do now. Its your claim and you must weigh the fors and against's yourself.

Go with what feels right for you. Its nice to get refunded back your money but are you willing to let them keep some and possibly carry on charging you even more in the future. Its All your money they have taken, askyourself how badly do you want it back.

Is the one card urgently in need of clearing or would it be best to wait and as you say clear the two.

Have a good read round this site , read some of the winners threads, you'll see that people ARE still winning despite the talk about stays.

Some Courts put stays on but not all , find out if the Court you are using is one that is implementing the stay on cases till the test case.

There is a link on here to it somewhere but Ive notfathomed out yet how to post links:oops: ( bit thick when things like that need doing). LOL

Reading round might give you the confidence you need to carry on , but either way whatever you decice to do it will be your decision and the best one for you cause youve made it yourself.

Good Luck with whatever you decide and dont forget we are all behind you on this, just like an extended family.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad: