abbey not correcting balance so charging me

kizel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am really hacked off now. Just been charged £135 just because abbey cannot seem to be bothered to amend the current balance to truly reflect the amount i have left to spend. How are we supposed to run our accounts "properly", as many people have said (especially over on MSE) when the banks don't bother. I even went into a branch that is in the next town over (there goes my saturday) to ask in branch. As usual I was getting nowhere with the indian call centres but that is another matter! The girl on the counter was not sure and had to ask two other colleagues who could not answer the very simple question of how much i had to spend.

Downloading the letters from the library at home tonight and sending them special delivery tommorow.

I reckon they have taken at least 2k through stupidity such as this.

Any words of advice???

Talk is cheap. Supply exceeds Demand.

Only to make sure that you thoroughly understand of all of the issues and that the bank may actually go into court with you.

Only to make sure that you thoroughly understand of all of the issues and that the bank may actually go into court with you.

Does this mean you think they are more likely to contest the charges in court with me than others?

Does this mean you think they are more likely to contest the charges in court with me than others?

No, I think BankFodder was speaking in general terms.

They could pick on any one of us to decide to take to court and "make an example of". Just make sure that you are aware of it and willing to go through with it. Oh, and that you understand why you are claimimg these charges back.

Hope that helps a bit.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

No, I mean that they are especially anxious to get into court with Kizel

ah i see. Well I am definetely clear about what I am doing and I am more than prepared to go to court. I strongly believe that banks are breaking the law and there actions should be stopped all together!

Nuff said.

What is it in my post that makes you say that?

Its a Joke! :wink:

(sometimes its a bit hard to catch jokes over the computer :roll: )

PS i agree about the system that doesnt update properly, especially over the weekend, internet banking is suposed to be 24 hour banking!! NOT :x

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Kizel, if you are hacked off then vote with your feet by walking away. Change bank accounts. OK, so all banks are evil money grabbers, but loosing a customer is one of the worse things that can happen to them .... after having to pay back the outrageous charges they have put upon you of course :)

Its a Joke! :wink:

(sometimes its a bit hard to catch jokes over the computer :roll: )

PS i agree about the system that doesnt update properly, especially over the weekend, internet banking is suposed to be 24 hour banking!! NOT :x

it must be the black cloud surrounding my head, that has been there ever since joining Grabby!!!

Kizel, if you are hacked off then vote with your feet by walking away. Change bank accounts. OK, so all banks are evil money grabbers, but loosing a customer is one of the worse things that can happen to them .... after having to pay back the outrageous charges they have put upon you of course :)

As soon as I have those charges back, I will use them to set my overdraft to zero and leave, but have another account set up in the mean time just in case they pull their old tricks!

Believe me - they don't care and would prefer to lose troublesome customers to another bank

Believe me - they don't care and would prefer to lose troublesome customers to another bank

It really should not be troublesome to them to be asked a straightforward question like "how much do I have to spend?"

[quote name="PS i agree about the system that doesnt update properly, especially over the weekend, internet banking is suposed to be 24 hour banking!! NOT :x[/quote]

Is it not the most fustrating thing when the internet the branch and the hole in the wall give you 3 different amounts!!!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks