Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I like welcome, they give me money...but the difference is that I don't have to give it all back to them and then some.

The more people successfully claiming back extortionate charges and PPI (and there are quite a few), the more I like Welome too. These people too don't have to pay the money back either, they even get the added bonus on knowning that all of these reclaims are probably p...ing up your bonus!!!;)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
If you find yourself in financial difficulty, you speak to the lender first! Don't avoid them and dont start ranting about them being sharks! You are a grown adult, hopefully of sound enough mind to make sensible financial decisions! Take responsibility for your own actions people instead of trying to find someone to blame!

1. I am now not in any financial difficulty and haven't been since about 2004. Yes I have had a couple of WF loans and paid them on time every month.

2. At the time, when I was applying for loans at WF (just as Dipply75 says in paragraph 4 of post ) I wasn't given any choice about PPI for instance, I wasn't told I didn't need it, in fact I was told that in order to get the loan it was advisable to get PPI! I sat in a little room with a very nice lady and again as Dipply says I was interviewed verbally and the answers were then input by this nice lady at her desk, away from where I was sitting.

3. I wasn't asked at any time whether I could afford the loan, they didn't want any wage slips or proof of earnings.

It wasn't until I started my fight to claim back charges from banks and credit cards back in 2006 that I realised (along with everyone else) that I had effectively been conned.

I repeat they are nothing more than loan sharks, who prey on the needy. By the time sites like this and many many others have finished "ranting on" about the likes of WF, there will be so many complaints/claims in the system that hopefully WF will be no more. Now I know that means you will be out of a job, but Iam guessing that your experience in preying on the needy and reading from your company script you will quite easily get another job at one of the other "loan shark" companies, or then again maybe you won't, if thats the case, I'll look forward to your rants about your creditors in the near future when you are one of those needy people;)

BobbyH

yes he is welcome on the forum.

as is everyone else,

at the end of the day i am not aware of any of Charlie1's posts which have been moderated or removed??? so that goes to show while we may not agree with their view, we will allow them to air those views

Here here.

Some info:

AKO Capital - Investment Management Organisation

"Our Assets under management are committed for a number of years allowing us to take a long term view on our investments."

23/9/08 - AKO Capital acquired a 10.28% stake, or 54.08 mil ordinary shares in Cattles PLC, for 67.05 mil pounds.

16/12/08 - AKO Capital sold 54 million shares in Cattles PLC reducing its holding to zero.

now thats what I call "long term" not!

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Are we saying that if a "fee" forms part of the agreement then interest shouldn't be applied to it?

Does this only relate to the Acceptance Fee or are there any other fees which this relates to also?

There are many agreements which use the word "Fee" in their name, for example Mortgage Indemnity Fee! Now I know this is some kind of insurance for a lender to recoup their losses on a repo etc, but some lenders don't buy this insurance and still charge an Indemnity Fee!!

Others pay a premium to the insurance company and recoup this amount from the borrower, and its charged as a "Fee".

Any thoughts on this?

BobbyH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks