Chip & PIN again

JimmyTheOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Chip and Pin sucks! i should know, ive just had my card cloned and some clever chap has walked away with £2300 on my money in just 2 days! i called my bank, stopped the account, but there was £1400 more transactions "earmarked" for payment which apparently my bank(Woolwich) couldnt stop!! so i watched the screen at the bank for 5 mins and saw another £1400 of my money going to someone else!

Ive filled in the claim forms but how long do i need to wait?? what do you do with no money, a mortagage, car and home to pay for?...... apart from going out and doing the same as what has happened to me..to some other unsuspecting vicitm!

Any ideas? anyone?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip & Pin. Another bankers con designed to fleece the consumer. They claim there's been a fall in card fraud without telling us that it's because banks can repudiate liabilty more readily. So if they say it didn't happen then as obviously the banks are soooo trustworthy then it musn't have & the consumer is lying.

When are the authorities going to sit up a take notice of the appalling conduct of these establishments

I'd just like to 'chip' my two pennth in.

Isn't it funny how the only companies who aren't using chip and pin are the banks? - Or is it?

I went in to my local branch of Barclays to withdraw some cash, for the first time in a VERY long time, and you have to sign for it - there aren't even any of those pin machines on our side of the glass!!!!

What's good for the goose is absolutely NOT good for the gander!!!!!!

bbx

• 9 months later...

before c&p i had two of the old mag stripe and signature cards. however, my signature was printed onto the cards (and therefore tamper proof). they also contained my photo. yes, it was only b&w but it was a lot better than it not being there. and if they had spent just a very small amount of money making the photo's better they would have been great. they were great cards, i had them for many yrs and i felt really safe with them.

Regards from sunny Notlob, Lancs UK

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.

Lily Tomlin

question:

1)

can you still use chip & signature in atm's?

surely you'd still need a pin for those transactions. won't that be a problem when you say that you can't remember your anniversay and other numbers?

2)

isn't saying you can't remember your anniversay a risky business?

if they ever discover your married and yet still living ...

Regards from sunny Notlob, Lancs UK

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.

Lily Tomlin

As many suspected & has now been revealed Chip & Pin was/is a massive con perpetrated on the consumer by the banks & the credit card companies.

When will the powers that be realize these organisations are not to be trusted - never I suppose as the politicians & the so called regulators have too much of a vested interest to stop them

http://news.aol.co.uk/card-fraud-soars-by-a-quarter/article/20080311201809990014