GE Money home lending (formally i group)

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to this, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

We have been charged by GE Money (our mortgage provider) for 'admin costs' and late payments, they usally are around the £40 mark. As with bank charges you can try and claim back as it is unlawful, does this count with mortgage accounts?

GE Money are a terrible company to deal with and as soon as we can change mortgage provider the better! I do not seem to get anywhere with them. Does anyone else have the same problems with them?

I look forward to any help and advice.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am with GE Capital formerly I Group, seem to have clocked up some outrageous charges during I Groups time but am ticking over with GE but still have some charges at £40 a go. I Group tried to take my home twice (and lost twice):D

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

yes you can claim them back.

GE Capital are a nightmare. I suspect they owe me a fair amount in charges but since they haven't bothered to respond to my DPA request, I can't be certain. I'm filing a claim tomorrow.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

very good luck with your claim:) I am tackling my bank at moment but have a secured loan that has attracted nightmare charges over the years also so am not taking them all on at one time, that might change though;-)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi All,

I too have had dealings with GE home lending.

I wanted to alter my DD payment from the 21st of the month to the 28th.

Guess what they want an additional payment of one weeks interest (I'm extending the term).

I thought about this and called them back and said.

OK I will pay you on the 21st the normal monthly payment by bank transfer and set up a DD starting 1st July which is the normal monthly payment less three weeks interest (I'm shortenening the term) and then 1st August revert back to the normal monthly payment.

Guess what? Yep "We cant do that"

They owe me buckets of money in charges I just have been too busy with others to start the ball rolling. However, is this an unfair term and condition.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

sorry I dont really know much about how to sort it out yet but I am aware of the difficulties in even changing your monthly payment as I wanted to change mine and yes they said it would cost me an additional interest charge so I decided not to change it. I think I have some fees sitting somewhere else with them that are attracting interest also, I feel this is very unfair but need to check it out as I'm not sure how they charge or on what (hidden charges) I will be looking out for some useful hints:)

Hello all,

Thanks for your help and support, we had our previous mortgage with i-group for about a year (god knows how many charges we racked up there, is it worth claiming for?).

We have had this mortgage since September 05 and so far we have racked up £410.13 (not including interest) this also include 'Debt counselling £47.00' and 'Debt counselling again £88.13':o

I shall be sending a letter asking for payment in 14 days, if not, off to the County Court to file!

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

good luck, seems many of us will be in the same boat!;-)

just read the guidance notes re GE and found it very helpful.

I found them under Other Institutions, mortgage companies, then the first sticky by Seminole. sorry dont know how to link it.:)

Before GE it was I Group and before then it was Ocwen, I know alarm bells were ringing about Ocwen a long time ago. I only knew they were a different outfit when I received a letter with a different letterhead, so does this mean I am still with the same lender and the original contract. Just a thought as I do not know how this works.:confused:

We were with the i group on our second mortgage. My wife deals with mortgages and she knew the i group would lend to anyone. When we moved again (last year) we took out another mortgage with the i group (still had to pay a redemption penalty, even though the mortgage was still with them and an extra £70,000 on what we originally borrowed:eek: ). Then last september it went to GE Money? So I believe it is still the same people working in the offices. Obviously now they work directly for the biggest company and employer in the world (GE group) they are told to be even bigger B*****ds!

I can not wait to remortgage with a more reputable company!

I recently received a full account statement since beginning, I have thousands in charges for my Income Support period while ill, I was only ever one month behind but they still tried repossession. Come to think of it they applied the charges when 'I' was paying on time but DWP paid sporadically?? so why was I picking up charges for them.

Reading Seminols sticky I would love to change to a reputable lender as soon as possible also and get MY money back.

So many people are trapped in a loop, they are good citizens like everyone else but have had a rough patch and can never get out of it because all the charges pin them down, it is evil and then others stupidly think it is because you are 'unable' to manage your financial affairs properly??

very best wishes to all who are seeking redress, I hope you get on okay.

I agree with you. They have just tried repossesion on 3 months in arrears, got the court documents and everything. Tries to explain that I am not working, wife not working etc etc. They sent round a 'debt counsellor'. He told me to sell my car, put the house on the market and ask family for money. He was deadly serious, how is this debt counselling? GE Money would not do anything to help, nothing at all. We had a Halifax mortgage some years back and got into a sticky problem. They added the arrears to the mortgage term, no probs.

This is a warning to anyone getting a mortgage with GE Money, be very careful, they will charge you to the hill, and if you go into 2 or more months in arrears, they will send CC documents for repossesion. They are robbing b*****ds, pardon my language, but they can rot for all I care!:mad:

• 1 month later...

I have recieved my DPA statements from my old mortgage with i group.

I am a little surprised to see that I have not been charged at all for the 12 months we had the mortgage for being in arrears and DD's not going through, even though it lists in the information they gave me with the statements that they charge £40 for being in arrears and £30 for a failed DD.

Either I group were good to have a mortgage with or they have doctored the statements, so there are no charges showing. Is this possible?

We did pay a £1395.69 for a early settlement charge when we remortgaged with them again, is this worth chasing after? or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

I look forward to any advice.

Best regards

dear D5Tweddle, I am pretty sure others have claimed back their early redemption fees on the grounds that they are unfair. I will be doing so when I change to another lender but not until then.

it does seem odd that you have not been charged for any arrears but I would ring them and ask how they apply their charges because I have an idea the charges might be going on to a seperate account somewhere running parallel. I was told this by I Group a long time ago and stumbled across it almost by chance, I think CAB challenged I Group and had a huge file on them and should know some more about what there practices are/were. very best of luck with it all.

Ive received my DPA info from First national ( GE Money ) today, and I know what you mean about missing charges I know for a fact we had Thousands of £ worth over the 5 years we had a secured loan with them, but I can only find just over £1129 worth, I know for a fact we had loads of un paid d/d but my statements only show 2 at £30 each, the other amounts are for things like final reminder fees and some appreviations I dont understand, they are not on the so called helpfull list of abbrevitions they have sent me, any ideas.

DFC

LIT

CIN

SAF

SIT

I asked for a full account statement not a subject access request, this might be the difference in figures etc given. It runs to several pages and shows the returned dd's and charges clearly, also the interest charges when applied. What if you apply directly to GE Money, they have an automated request on their phone no but they will put a charge on your account for a full statement.

• 2 months later...

Hi sorry to interrupt.

I had a mortgage with Igroup a few years back and was charged excessivley(my wife only reminded me 2 mins ago) I have no account numbers etc, so where do I send a letter requesting my statements.

All help much appreciated.

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

I would try sending a DPA request with your name and address (i.e.the property mortgaged) as the reference for them to search for your account details.

someone else might have a better idea.