Christmas meeting in Birmingham - **Friday 7th December**

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks guys, i will look into whats available. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im all booked, and im coming down with Tilly. :D

Ok guys, im driving...:eek:

So bearing in mind i have never been anywhere near Birmingham before, just how bad is it. I have people telling me it is a nightmare!!

Is there an easy route?

And have we decided on a time yet??:p

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You have heard of Spaghetti Junction haven't you?

Seriously, if you have the postcode for your destination I find google maps very good if you don't have sat nav. If you're coming down on Friday I suggest you make it earlier rather than later due to rush hour(s).

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro, i will look at that. So i take it it is as bad as im thinking!!

Because i have never drove any where like it before, i think i have blind faith its not gonna be so bad. :eek:

Hmmmm think maybe i will have a quick peek at rail times aswell, just in case. :p

Im coming on the Thursday, so i get a couple of days there.

F&Q's... Read here

Put it like this. I live about 40 minutes drive away, barring traffic jams on the M6, unless you use the toll road, and I've driven to the centre once. I can make it to Edgbaston on my own, but if going into the city centre I'd get the train every time. New Street Station is a hub for just about everywhere, and easily accessible for most places. Of course driving is likely to be cheaper, especially if you're sharing.

That said I'm not a confident driver outside my comfort zone, although I can negotiate Coventry now. At least with 2 of you, you will have someone to help you navigate, and you are not me.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok im all booked, and im coming down with Tilly. :D

Ok guys, im driving...:eek:

So bearing in mind i have never been anywhere near Birmingham before, just how bad is it. I have people telling me it is a nightmare!!

Is there an easy route?

And have we decided on a time yet??:p

where are you staying?

We have booked in at the Brair rose, as its only doors away from Bennetts.

(stumbling distance...!!!)

F&Q's... Read here

I have no idea. I just assumed they had a car park. :confused:

F&Q's... Read here

City Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel, Birmingham New. I am assuming you will be coming from the north. With Brindleyplace on your left you could walk down Broad Street (bearing left to walk past the Repetory Theatre) into the small shopping mall, past the central library and make sure you walk down New Street past that statue we call 'floozy in the jacuzzi' and Bennetts Hill is the 1st on your left down New Street. The German Market starts by the 'floozy'. It should take you less than 20 minutes to walk and you will not have to cross any roads. Does this help?

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

http://www.ncp.co.uk/multimapForm.aspx?pointerid=55434d359a1649a09dd71ae24baee767&type=homepageIt's not the Bullring though as it is just off the Pallasades shoping centre near New Street station. Would it be congested all day though as it's christmas and right in the centre? Although my suggestion might be come the evening. Here are directions. http://www.ncp.co.uk/multimapForm.aspx?pointerid=55434d359a1649a09dd71ae24baee767&type=homepage

http://www.ncp.co.uk/multimapForm.aspx?pointerid=55434d359a1649a09dd71ae24baee767&type=homepage#details

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Sorry about this. 3rd time lucky. NCP car park Kev means is called 'Birmingham Pallasades'.

Airport Parking and UK Car Parks - NCP Car Parks

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Right then - any suggestions as to what time we are going to meet then? Would 8 o'clockish be a good time for kick-off as I am assuming we are just going to meet at Bennetts and standing round at the Market might be a bit parky. And how are we going to make ourselves known. Fishnet stockings and green hair might attract unwanted attention. Perhaps a gladioli attached to our coats?

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Sally - that would be the one - had no idea of the name - just where it was (under the bull ring) so a lovely central point and hopefully easyish to find!

to find each other - why not wear something of the same colour? or just write CAG on our foreheads;)

shall we also have a code phrase - say - down with charges? - respond would be - only if you can CAG it??:D

just write CAG on our foreheads;)

:lol: :lol: I will write mine in pink. :eek:

I think if we meet in Bennetts, we will know each other as it will be the nosiest table!! :D

F&Q's... Read here

Well that will be me on my own then. I'm not saying I'm loud.......

Kev I love your suggestion. Can't we make it the rallying call up and down the country?

Debbie - I'd better buy some lipstick then in a shade my Sarah won't want.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

To avoid spaghetti junction (it's really not that bad, but then I live here) can I suggest coming down the M6 and at jct 8 move over to the M5 coming off at jct 2 onto the A4123 Wolverhampton Road and when you come to a large junction turn left which is the Hagley Road and will take you to Broad Street where you can either park where I suggest or carry along to the NCP car parks (of which there are 2) one of them being Birmingham Pallasades as Kev pointed out. If you (or anyone) wants me to post an enlarged page of the route I have suggested, just send me your addresses via PM.

I'll sound people at work 'cos the reason I suggested Broad Street is because it is the nightclub area so my reasoning is that the car parks will not be that full in the daytime - but I have been known to be wrong.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Thanks guys, i will look into it. Oh well it will be fun having a mystery tour..:eek:

Sat nav at the ready although it has a mind of its own, and a sense of humor!! :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

As the one who suggested this venue I can't have you all talking about me not turning up. So that is 3 of us then.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

ok - have bimbled through the thread and have these names

Sallysas

Broke_Dave

Kevboy_telford

Sequenci

Lula

Livelylad

Nightmare4banks

Rooster-uk

Alanfromderby

Caro - possibly

Sea-sidelady

Tilly

Callumsgran

Kfdh1962

is that everybody or does anybody want to drop out now before the list gets worse...:p