thetruth v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sending the DPA template letter to Halifax (AKA HBOS) first thing in the morning as it is now 03:06 on 16/06/2006 and I have been reading posts on this website for the past 3hours (nearly!) since I got home from work at 00:00. I will definitely keep u guys well informed with regular posts of my current situation. When I successfully get my money back, from the help of this website, I will definitely make a donation.

Bye 4 now!:grin:

Welcome aboard - good to see you.

We will monitor this thread for any updates or questions..

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I rang halifax, they say they've received my subject access letter, but they haven't sent me an acknowledgement letter, what should I do?

I sent it 2nd class cos ders only one type of postage. All the other letters i will post 1st class recorded. I believe Halifax owe me a minimum of £600 but i need the statements to clarify that. I am also trying to get my money back from barclaycard and nationwide ( I got two other threads) and altogether I think I'm owed about £1,200. In the last 2 months nationwide have charged me £210. I've had dis account for about 6 years! LOl. Anyway, i'm waiting for MY statements, so I can get MY money however much it is (even if it is only £500, which i doubt).

I'll keep u guys posted

Ciao!!!!:D

Does anyone have the phone number for the Halifax data protection team in trinity road hx1 2rg, where i requested my statements from?

I have not recieved an acknowledgement letter from them and it has been almost 2weeks since i sent the data protection act letter!

They have not taken payment (by cashing my cheque) for my statements.

I just want a number to call them to ask if they are dealing with my request and how long it will take.

I know they got my letter because i sent it by 1st class recorded (the 2nd time!)

Please help!:mad:

Does anyone have the phone number for the Halifax data protection team in trinity road hx1 2rg, where i requested my statements from?

I have not recieved an acknowledgement letter from them and it has been almost 2weeks since i sent the data protection act letter!

They have not taken payment (by cashing my cheque) for my statements.

I just want a number to call them to ask if they are dealing with my request and how long it will take.

I know they got my letter because i sent it by 1st class recorded (the 2nd time!)

Please help!:mad:

They legally have 40 days so let them have them .........some people get their statements sooner than others its just the luck of the draw .and because they havent cashed your cheque doesnt mean they are not dealing with it they may not be charging you ....... in the meantime read the FAQS and a few threads and you will know what to do at the next stage

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks, I just rang them, because I recieved a letter from them today saying that they got my letters requesting charges and they have requested duplicate statements to be sent to me....

My feel sorry for the postmen! I guess they deserve their total of £800 in bonuses this year then? Lol

In the letter they said that they do not record any manual interventions....... Blah blah blah!!!

Im guessing that is a good thing. Oh well, my case is stronger i just want them statments now!

Oh and guess what! Before I received the letter I phoned them today on one of the numbers someone posted in the thread. I spoke to a nice chap who said he will post my statments out within 5-7 working days for FREE!!!!

I said cheers mate! I also clarified if it was all the statements dating back to 1st June 2003 until now, and he said yes.

Whoo Hoo!!! I will get back in touch once the postman delivers my letters and i've totalled all the charges.......

P.S. This website is great!

Feel free to post me a message, offer moral support/ask 4 help or you can PM me..

Last year banks made a total of £1 Billion alone from default charges, lets take every penny back plus 8% interest...... Lol. Good Luck every1.:D

Hi, I received all my statements from Halifax 2day (they took there bleeding time!). I am going through the list of charges and they all say 'charges as notified'!

Should I just write that down in the 'in respect of' column in the spreadsheet?

Pls help asap, because I want to post my prelim 2day, to my local branch.

Cheers.

Yep that'll be fine... they know what they are :)

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!