tcw76 -v- Lloyds TSB ** WON**

tcw76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when looking at past t&cs wat exactly are we looking for. is it that they describe the charges as a fee for a service or as a penalty? or what? im guessing its penalty but just wanted to clarify this point.

when looking at past t&cs wat exactly are we looking for. is it that they describe the charges as a fee for a service or as a penalty? or what? im guessing its penalty but just wanted to clarify this point.

See post 1 of this thread and it should make it clearer

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/90896-calling-all-lloyds-tsb.html

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 4 weeks later...

rang the county court today to see what was happening with my case. and they told me that lloyds had failled to acknowledge the claim so i win by default. and im sending off the relevent paperwork tomorrow. Has anyone had any problems getting money or blood out of a stone sorry i mean lloyds tsb. anyone had to call the baliffs?

Hi,

I haven't been in your position but have read lots of similar threads. I wouldn't get too excited as the bank has a habit of acknowledging claims late and the court allows this. Even if they don't and you do win by default this isn't necessarily a good thing as the bank applies to have the judgement set aside which really delays things. Don't want to burst your bubble and hope you do win at this stage but I would read over some of the success story threads to see if you can find a similar scenario to yours - I think there was one by someone called jhstr or something like that.

lloyds failed to defend my claim untill 4 days after the deadline, I had already filed for judgement but the court let defence go ahead and sent me a aq, seems the courts are very leaniant with the banks missing deadlines

• 2 weeks later...

I got a letter on the 22nd of june, it was dated the 8th and there was a long speel about how fare charges the where BLAH BLAH BLAH and near the bottom there was a passage of writing telling me that on this occasion they where going to give me my claim minus interest and court fees. (£652) and that within 10 days the money would be in my account. So technically i should of had the money before i got the letter. Ive still got no money, should i send off a rejection letter even if i havent got or are never likly get the money without goin further with the claim. have sent off my AQ today. Has anyone else had this sort of treatment? and if so what did you do about it? Hope that all makes sence

If they wanted to settle without incurring the further costs of interest and fees then I presume that you had given them plenty of time. You should send the rejection letter and say that you will only stop your claim upon receipt of the full outstanding amount. Presumably this letter came direct from LTSB and not solicitors?

looking at the rejection letters. there doesn't seem to be one for my situation.

would this one do?

Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and have included the cheque you supplied in respect of that offer.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on XX/XX/XX and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

(If the bank have credited your account, please use this note...)

I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transfered to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly. Alternatively, should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£xxxx) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

any tips on maybe rewording it a little?

thought its about time I started my claim thread. so here it

I got a letter on the 8th of June. From Jerry Sawyer, Customer Services Recovery Center

stating ( this is typed from my own fair hands so excuse any spelling mistakes)

"Thank you for getting in touch with us again. I am sorry you are still un happy about your account charges.

We've already explained that we believe it is fair to charge you for extra services you've requested, as long as you know about the charges in advance, When you didn't have enough in your account to cover a payment, we had to agree to make it by setting up or increasing your overdraft, or tell you we couldn't agree it. We feel its only fair to charge for our service in considering and implementing this.

We've made it easy to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You can get an up to date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, online and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

Generally we don't agree to adjust any of these charges, but i can tell you that on this occasion we are prepared to repay you £652 in full and final settlement of your complaint.

We will credit this amount to your account within 10 days. We will also cancel any charges that we may have told you about but have not yet taken from your account. We will not refund any overdraft interest, standard account or service charges.

I hope you now feel that I've been able to answer all the points you raised with us. Please treat this letter as our final response. This means that if you are still unhappy, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to investigate your complaint, so long as you do so within six months of the date of this letter."

Has anyone else had a letter like this?, the £652 is my original claim b4 it went to court. I only got the letter on the 22nd June and I haven't received a penny. I'm at the AQ stage and sent it in last week.

I would appreciate any advice/help on this matter

many thanks everyone for a great site.

tcw 76

I dont think that they'll pay up anything as the 10 days have well and truly the 8th of june, the original date of the letter. and dont you think that it is abit odd that a letter took 14 days to get to me? sumthings not quiet right.

The only thing about the rejection letter is that its worded as if the money has gone into my account. but it hasn't with me (not yet anyway) im no good at english, is there any way of wording the letter for my circumstance?

this is the main body of the rejection letter. any amendments to letter greatly appreciated.

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Jerry Sawyer

Thank you for your letter dated 08/06/07. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on 21/05/07 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transfered to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly. Alternatively, should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£157) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I know somepeople have accepted a an offer of this sort as a partial offer, and continue to take them to court.

As they are offering, I think a letter like above or one which suggests that you accept the money offered only as partial settlement but are still going to attend court for the remainder. Which I think from above is £157. This probably will be then added to another offer which I think you will get in full.

If they are showing interest in your claim by paying a partial settlement, I would think that it will be paid in full before the court case. But you never know. Good luck with it and keep preping as if it may end up in court.

just an update on claim,

Received a letter from [problem],

In the BRENTFORD (my claim is at banbury not brentford) County court

We act for lloyds tsb bank plc

We have been passed a copy of the proceedings that you have issued against our client in BRENTFORD? County Court. The bank will be defending these proceedings in the following grounds

1. the fees that you seek are properly incorporated into your contract with the bank; and

2. By making payments (whether by cheque, debit card or any other means) from your account where you have unsufficiant funds to cover them, you are making a request to the bank for an increased overdraft, which the bank may meet or decline.If it meets your request you much pay the necessary charges, The issue of penalties only arises as a matter of law, where there has been a breach of contract, and there is no breach of contract here.

Looking ahead, a situation which gives rise to a dispute is not one the bank wishes to continue. In view of this, you are requested, please, to make contact within the next 14 days with your local lloyds tsb branch manager, on 0845 3 000 000, to review your account. A review may be useful to consider whether your current banking arrangements are the most appropriate for your needs.

we await confirmation from your bank that this action has been taken

yours faithfully

[problem]

unquote

It does make me laugh when they havent even got the right court.

has anyone else has this letter and what you wrecken should i do about it.

your advice would be greatly appreciated.

tcw76