1st step query - statements requested over the phone rather that by template letter ?

Eamonn77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but i have searched the forum for the last hour or so and cant find out for sure, any help would be appreciated.

I recently called the hsbc and requested over the phone a list of any penalty charges on my account over the past 6 years, today i received a letter from them stating that it would cost £35 an hour for them to do this or alternatively i could request statements for the past 6 years without a charge.

I called them back to request the statements from the last 6 years and was eventually told that there would be a maximum charge for this of £10 which i agreed to, they agreed to send out today statements from may 2000 - today.

I was happy with this but then i noticed the DPA templates letter which includes the paragraph requesting information about any manual intervention on my account - i didnt request this on the telephone conversation...

Will i need to request this by letter or shall i just call them back and request details of any manual intervention ?

Thanks

Eamonn

It's a mistake but not that critical. Manual intervention is asked for so that in court the bank can't then claim they've spent hours administering your account.

It's all automated anyway.

While your waiting for your statements have a thorough read of the FAQs, step by step guide, library templates and other HSBC threads so your fully conversant with the procedures and you don't make another maybe more costly mistake.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response, i will definetely be reading everything more thoroughly from now on.

As you said, manual intervention is all automated anyway, do you mean that it should be noted on the statements i will recieve ?

im a little worried about this , that it could come back to haunt me in court if it came to that...

i cant help thinking i need to request this to cover myself...

thanks again

Eamonn

Don't panic.

IF they decide to defend, IF their defence argues MI, then you can make another request. Your court hearing would not be befoe 40 days and you would still have plenty of time to get the info. That's it.