Just Been To Court!!

dj9928
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A+L sent me a cheque for £180 along with the following statement, Laughable really when I'm claiming £950

We believe that our charges have been made in accordance with the terms and conditions of your account, of which you have been given a copy. However, having considered the particulars circumstances of your case and taking into account the oft review, in order to resolve this matter we are prepared to refund the sum of £180

This reflects the difference between the amount of charges for unpaid items actually applied to your account and the amount of charges that would have been applied to your account if the charge had been £12. On the basis that this offer is acceptable to you. we enclose a cheque for £180 (being the amount that the oft indicated was not unreasonable in relation to credit card default charges, in full and final settlement (THIS IS A BANK ACCOUNT NOT A CREDIT CARD) if you do not wish to accept this offer please return the cheque to us cancelled or confirm in writing it has been destroyed.

Can I tell them I will accept this payment as part payment and continue the claim Or do I just send all back?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A+L sent me a cheque for £180 along with the following statement, Laughable really when I'm claiming £950

We believe that our charges have been made in accordance with the terms and conditions of your account, of which you have been given a copy. However, having considered the particulars circumstances of your case and taking into account the oft review, in order to resolve this matter we are prepared to refund the sum of £180

This reflects the difference between the amount of charges for unpaid items actually applied to your account and the amount of charges that would have been applied to your account if the charge had been £12. On the basis that this offer is acceptable to you. we enclose a cheque for £180 (being the amount that the oft indicated was not unreasonable in relation to credit card default charges, in full and final settlement (THIS IS A BANK ACCOUNT NOT A CREDIT CARD) if you do not wish to accept this offer please return the cheque to us cancelled or confirm in writing it has been destroyed.

Can I tell them I will accept this payment as part payment and continue the claim Or do I just send all back?

Is this a new reply??? Are they admitting in writing that the charge should be £12.00??? That surely would mean that we could all claim the difference without going to court? Has anybody else had this letter in relation to a bank account? (although as per other threads we know the charge should be £2.50 not £12) Confused from Oxfordshire:?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Is this a new reply??? Are they admitting in writing that the charge should be £12.00??? That surely would mean that we could all claim the difference without going to court? Has anybody else had this letter in relation to a bank account? (although as per other threads we know the charge should be £2.50 not £12) Confused from Oxfordshire:?

Oh trust me to get something out of the ordinary:mad: I ripped it an 2 and set it back along with a letter saying I will continue court action.

Natwest done the same to me, I asked for my money back they wouldn't give it, I took them to court and there first offer was a quarter of what I asked for just like this. I told them I would not accept it and a week later got a cheque for the full amount, just hope this happens here

Oh trust me to get something out of the ordinary:mad: I ripped it an 2 and set it back along with a letter saying I will continue court action.

Natwest done the same to me, I asked for my money back they wouldn't give it, I took them to court and there first offer was a quarter of what I asked for just like this. I told them I would not accept it and a week later got a cheque for the full amount, just hope this happens here

I have just seen this reply about the £12.00 charge on another thread on this forum as well so you are not the only one - its just that I have been reading on here a lot and had not noticed it before. It just seems unusual for them to make an admission in writing? I agree carry on as normal.

Best of luck

Janus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I have just seen this reply about the £12.00 charge on another thread on this forum as well so you are not the only one - its just that I have been reading on here a lot and had not noticed it before. It just seems unusual for them to make an admission in writing? I agree carry on as normal.

Best of luck

Janus

Thanks. I'll be pushing it the full way if I have to and i'll be doing the wifes also, she must be owed something similar to me, just the waiting game for the statements to come in:evil: Grrr thieving £$"£%^ gets me mad. And they had the cheek to give me a default as I could not afford there bloody fees, can't get credit anywhere at all now:evil:

I presume you are not accepting the £180? :) Send the cheque back together with the letter rejecting the offer (In the templates section) and continue with your claim, sticking to your timetable.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

I got my offer last Sat from A+L I returned it last Sat saying I will be continuing the claim, But I've heard nothing else, Everyone else seems to be getting letters from a Solicitors saying they are for defending the claim but I haven't.

Infact they haven't even acknowledged the claim with the court yet

I do believe they are, I had a problem getting my statements to start of with, I had to report them to get them, They gave me a default all because of the bloody rip off fees.

My other half has an account with them and they are up to there old tricks again, She phoned them on Friday to get money transfered from one alliance and leicester account to another to cover a direct debit. She was told it would be done and the money would be in Saturday morning, Saturday morning it wasn't done, she phoned back it will be in tomorrow she was told, she phoned back yesterday and it wasn't done, she was told it will be in this morning and the person made a note on the account so she wouldn't get a charge, she phones back this morning, a failed direct debit charge, and another charge for going over her limit and the direct debit still not paid.

Of course she give off on the phone to the advisor but she didn't give a dam and will not refund the fees:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Claim Timetable:

Your claim will generally be deemed served 5 days after filing . The deemed date of service will be on the Notice of Issue sent to you by the court.

The bank will have 14 days from the deemed date of service to acknowledge. If they do, a Notice of Acknowledgement will be sent to you

The bank will then have an additional 14 days in which to file a defence, ie a total of 28 days from the deemed date of service.

Once the bank has filed a defence, your claim will be transferred to your local court who will send you a copy of their defence and an Allocation Questionnaire which you fill in and return within 14 days.

All timescales are calendar days, should the due date fall on a weekend/ bank holiday, they have until the next working day.

Once filed the banks have 14 days to respond.

Not sure where the court is getting 4 weeks 4 weeks from!

No its definatly 14 days, this is the Northern Ireland courts service mind, she also said the bank has not acknowledged the claim, and they have to the 5th to do so and the probably will on the 4th

Right it finally arrived, I got a letter from Wragge & Co, saying:

We enclose for you information a copy of the notice of dispute together with the form of Defence, as we have filed on our clients behalf in tonights post with the Belfast County Court

Do I need to do anything with this letter? Also what happens next. I phoned the court and they no nothing.

Thanks

Anyone else get this? you get the letter from the solicitor saying they are going to defend etc.. You contact the court but they haven't

Whats this about?

I contacted the court today who told me A+L have disputed it, the court date is getting set up as we speak, Will Alliance and Leicester go to court? I don't really want to go myself but the court says when they dispute it I have to attend

6 threads merged, please stay on 1 thread per claim.

I think that if you read up on other A&L threads (especially in the success forum part), you will find the answer to that question yourself, and it will help settles your nerves. It seems to me that you are more scared because you don't know what to expect next. This can be easily remedied by reading, reading and reading some more until it starts falling into place. :-)

Hi just reading all the convos on here. My Wragge letter stated 'We enclose a copy of our clients defence by way of service on you'. That all sounds a bit scary does it just mean that details have been sent to court? Also would it be better to close my account now rather then give them the satisfaction?

I'm in the process of moving DD's/Standing Orders over to another bank ... it all takes a while and will prevent any last minute panic in my opinion, as A&L always seem to close accounts on paying out. When this is done, the A&L account will be closed. At this stage in proceedings (waiting for court date), can't see that it will make any difference to the claim.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html