Here is WRAGGES 6 PAGE DEFENCE - have a read

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could not agree with you more Mimi. It is supposed to be the 21st Century, and there is more poverty now then when I was a small sponge.

Joking aside, some one must shoulder the blame for what is happening, not pointing fingers at anyone, but went back over my charges spreadsheet, glad I did though, how can any bank justify taking £175 out in a month from an account with a fixed income?

Have a nice day Spongebob A.K.A Squarebob

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - the same thing happened to me SQUAREBOB,

just looking back through my old letters/statements and in one month -alliance took more than half my month's salary off me in three weeks !

charges on top of charges....

have to go - have had an invasion in the front room.

I hoovered up a load of ants yesterday, forgot to empty it out, and they must have multiplied overnight and marched back out the hoover. they're even up the walls - and on the ceiling...thousands of them. some have got wings... have sprayed them with Mr.Muscle Window Cleaner.. seems to have done the trick. if nothing else they'll all have bright shiny eyes. :p

Hello Alice,

Strange how those little devils just appear. Where my parents moved to, they were an absolute pain. How about this one though. Years ago, I thought I would be clever and make some marmalade. Left it in the pan to cool overnight. Returned to the cafe in the morning, opened the door, turned on the light, (it was winter), and all I could see (sea) was something black on the counter. Closer inspection revealed a sea of ants crawling across the counter, they were crawling across the floor and up the side of the counter and disapearing through a crack in the wall. Puzzled as to what was going on, I followed this trail (wide) of ants into the kitchen, there they all were, up the side of the stove, and, here's the best bit, the lid was off of the pan, how, I just don't know. The ants were swarming all over the pan, it was fascinating watching all this activity, and I'll swear that half the pan of marmalade had gone by the time we put a stop to the ants activities. Needless to say, we never opened that day.

Squarebob ;)

spent the morning pollyfillering the little buggers in. now have visions of them marching through the joists and into the top bedroom. hopefully shouldn't get too far with concrete boots on... although they now have fortified arms and legs (sprayed them with mr.muscle window cleaner yesterday - frozen lime & vinegar flavour)

Ooohhh....think I can hear the clatter of feet marching and crowds singing

"so take down the plaster

and do us all a favour

Ant mewwss...ickkkkk"

:p

Alice,

Where my mother now lives, the ants give you a nasty bite, some say it's the acid in them others say otherwise. If it's not ants, then it's these blooming caterpillars that live in the pine trees and the snakes in the grass that terrorise you. Makes you glad to be in England, cold though it is, have not booked my flight to warmer climes yet, not till the money's in the bank.

Yes, my secret is out I was a 'Foundling' I was adopted by my earth mother who found me hanging out wth a load of other sponges in a 'Souk' in Iraq.

Squarebob

Hi there - just a quick update -

I'm in the middle of decorating - paste brush in hand !

but more paste on me than on brush/paper !!!

My claim has now been transferred to my Local Court.

District Judge Murdoch of Northampton County Court has ordered that:-

"the filing of an Allocation Questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the Court of transfer orders otherwise."

I have tried to telephone my local court for any information/advice, but the line has been continually engaged.

I will post any information as soon as it is to hand.

Good luck everyone

alice xxx

My defence is very similar but with the following additions:

13.2 Failed Transaction Fee. (similar to squarebob's) This is where the customer (the claimant) presents an item for payment, and the Defendant is prepared to pay the charge, but the payment is in excess of the Claimant's agredd credit limit.

The charge for this is currently set at £25 per item, with a maximum of no more than four paid item harges per day or six paid item charges per month being levied.

13.3. Unauthorised Overdraft Fee. This is where the customer (the claimant) goes in excess of the agreed overdraft limit, or where the customer (the claimant) never had an overdraft limit and went overdrawn.

The charge for this is £25 for the first day and then a further £25 if the customer (the claimant) remains overdrawn for five or more days during the month.

25. Interest. It is denied that the claimant is entitled to interest as is alleged or al all. If, which is denied the claimant is entitled to interest, that interest is to be calculated in accordance with the provisions of section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum.

27. Conclusion. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the loss and damage as pleaded. The Claimant is not entitled to the relief sought, or any relief.

Hi JMN

thanks for posting the points where your Defence differs.

I think it really helps claimants to see this information, and be able to compare it with their own.

It also prepares those who have not yet received a Defence, in that they will know what to expect, and won't come as a nasty shock.

Good luck jmn

alice x x x

Hi there - just a quick update -

I'm in the middle of decorating - paste brush in hand !

but more paste on me than on brush/paper !!!

My claim has now been transferred to my Local Court.

District Judge Murdoch of Northampton County Court has ordered that:-

"the filing of an Allocation Questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the Court of transfer orders otherwise."

I have tried to telephone my local court for any information/advice, but the line has been continually engaged.

I will post any information as soon as it is to hand.

Good luck everyone

alice xxx

Alice, I had exactly the same letter and a week later I rec'd an AQ!

Also rec'd a 'small claims mediation service' leaflet which offers FREE help on settling your claim without the need to attend court via a mediator, either over the phone or a face-to-face appointment.

Has anyone else rec'd one of these?

Thinking of you Alice in your task ahead - my husbands a painter & decorator and he still gets more paste on him than on the paper!

same letter about Aq that I had. when I rang the court they said it is completely up to the local judge whether an AQ is used or not - that is just a draft order. They just said wait for instructions . I also had the mediation leaflet - the advice on here just seems to be ignore this ( put search in on mediation)Jansus

All I ahve done is added anudge to a rejection letter and sent a copy to the court so they know I am trying to negotiate. that was purely a personal decision.

I still have heard nothing from the court in terms of directions.

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi jansus,

thanks for your kind advice.

I still can't get through to my local court.

I tried first thing and again just now.

Yes - I received a Mediation Leaflet from Northampton Court,

along with my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings.

The leaflet states that mediation can be free, or as little as £250 ?

I am not sure if it is worth also contacting the Financial Ombudsman at this point, although I have read on this forum that this again - can be a long drawn out process.

Is a Draft Order similar to (same as) an Allocation Questionnaire ?

all these forms get a little confusing !

many thanks

alice x x

Alice,

Just tried to send a message, I don't know whether it's your inbox thats full or mine? If it's mine, then I have done all that I can to empty it including the folders, if my e-mail address got thru to you the last time, then you can send a message that way. If I can't sort the problem out, I'm off to sea,

Squarebob :(

hi there,

could someone please very kindly direct me to the Alliance & Leicester

terms and conditions.

I know they are in the Library ? but can I find them ? ! !

I have just been searching for a good half hour to no avail -

I came to computers very late in life - thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it (with wallpaper paste)

thankyou

alice x x

A & L terms and conditions

have not had time to read this - but see if it helps - if not come back

Also see the top sticky thread by Gary H

jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi jansus,

thankyou for coming to my aid so quickly.

there doesn't appear to be any information on the Gary H sticky thread above, more of a request for t&c info.

also

are all the alliance & leicester t&c's listed together somewhere in a 'library'

or are they just listed piecemeal all over the forum ?

maybe I should try inserting alliance & leicester t & c in the search mode and see what that brings up ?

I'll have a go now.

very many thanks jansus

alice x x

what years are you after - mimijane has posted quite a few on that thread above.

Also I know they are in the library some where as there was another post about it today - but now sure where - will keep looking

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

there are some in banks library - documents/work in progress section

jan:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE