RBS Advanta credit card **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested a list of statements for an old RBS advanta credit card account,but the reply came from MINT cards.Obviously rebranded or something.....

if someone could give me a name or department address to send a request for repayment letter,I would be very grateful....

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

James Lansdale has just replied to my LBA to say "tough-you're getting nothing-we won't be writing back to you and if you don't like it,there's always the ombudsman"

or words closely to that effect.

We'll see,Jimmy Boy,we'll see.....moneyclaim might just change your mind :D

There seems to be an element of confusion as regards a hard and fast address for service of court papers on this outfit.I had an RBS Advanta card till 2003,and I am claiming back charges on that card. They are now known as MINT-whch is a trading name for Royal Bank of Scotland.I have been reading on the site for ages for an address which I can use to have documents served on them,and it seems to be a bit ambiguous... does anyone know the proper details I need to use please?

There seems to be an element of confusion as regards a hard and fast address for service of court papers on this outfit.I had an RBS Advanta card till 2003,and I am claiming back charges on that card. They are now known as MINT-whch is a trading name for Royal Bank of Scotland.I have been reading on the site for ages for an address which I can use to have documents served on them,and it seems to be a bit ambiguous... does anyone know the proper details I need to use please?
The address is on the back of your statements, just above the perforation!

RBS plc

36 St Andrews Square

Edinburgh

EH2 2YB

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 1 month later...

I have a court action pending against RBS and I wrote to their litigation officer on 1 August offering the chance to settle before court.

They referred my letter to the Ulster Bank Customer Relations Unit because I live in Northern Ireland......WHAT?????????

Ulster Bank has written to me asking for details of charges in order to investigate!!!

What is going on with these people??????LOL

cat-do you know what?I'm not even going to bother!!They have a return date of August 28 and if they don't do anything,I file for judgement by default.

Is it a pre-requisite of some of these institutions that you have to be somewhat "challenged" to work for them?I have never come across such dumb people in a long time-and they are supposed to be in charge of our money?????

Please.......

• 3 weeks later...

hi there do you have the first approach address for rbs advanta as i have a long closed account with them but would like to make a claim. many thanks jules

p.s. dont have any info on account other than name and address it was registered with

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Any news lickthewallfatboy? I am thinking of making the RBS Advanta/Mint CC my next conquest! Would be nice if they were a push over eh?

Best of luck to you, i hope you get your dosh soon! :D

Lloyds: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed- Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

Mint C/Card: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed - Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

ENDEAVOUR PPI: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Gone pear shaped! See HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Another one bites the dust!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to RBS Advanta credit card **WON**