Archer V HSBC - ***Won in court POST OFT!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Debs

yes I am all set - I'm feeling a lot more confident now thanks to you guys. To be honest before I came accross your thread I just assumed it was a foregone conculsion that a stay would be granted, but now I feel like there is a chance!!

I am due in court at 12.45 (strange time - I thought they'd have a lunch break) so I will post the result as soon as I get back

yes does seem strange time!! they are asking for a set aside for the judgement and then stay??? same as mine!!!

i think lunch is 1pm till 2pm so you will be in and out quick cos if you go over like i did it will be their dinner time!!!!:lol:

debbie xx

Hi All

Great news (sort of)..the Bank failed to turn to today to the application hearing so the Judge declined to grant their request to have the Judgement set aside and a stay imposed!! Yeah!!

The Judge was very annoyed with them and awarded me an extra £20 to cover costs. I did ask him if their were any more avenues that the bank could go down now, and whilst he didn't really answer he did say that they were going to have a difficult job convincing him to set judgement aside today, and they'd have an even more difficult job after not showing up today!!

I'm still not counting my chickens until i actually get the money though. Does anyone know how long (if at all) I now have to wait before I can send the baliffs in (the original timeframe they had to pay has long since expired). Do I have to wait for another order to come through or go on the original order??

Anyway thank you so much to everyone that helped Sydsmum, who then helped me........at the begining of the week I wasn't feeling very hopefully of a positive outcome - and look at us now.

Thank you again everyone - I couldn't have got this far without you all (and once i get my money I shall be making a donation!)

WAY TO GO GIRL... excellent job... now makes me wonder if they arn't bothering cos mine was upheld and it costs them to send a represenative when they didn't get their set aside in my case!!! but even if they had you were prepared love....

i did say that i had not heard any other cases at the stage i was and therefore felt a ginnie pig... could well be...

anyway love when judge awarded mine he said 14 days from court date which was 2nd october....i got my money in the bank 4th october... one of the quickest payouts on record by all accounts!!!! did the judge not say??? and did he have your bundle???

debbie x

Hi

I think exactly that - it would cost them more to send a barrister etc than to pay up - and after your win it just wasn't worth it.

The Judge had read my bundle, and I checked on the royal mail web and DG got it too - just snuck in before the postal strike. I think this also contributed in them not showing up..........

Hopefully my money will turn up soon!

pete you are really worrying me now please stay your usual compose self.... i am begining to think you have been abducted!!! hahaha

yes bettsy i agree love about time we had the upper hand me thinks they are on the back foot... they don't quite know whats going on!!! lol:D

does make me wonder (again, and again) if they are snooping on here and piecing together who is up to it and who isn't....

i can't believe they wouldn't show up if they didn't know they were up against someone who was ready. once again, i think this would be very, very daunting for anyone trying to do this without the backup of this forum.

and WAY TO GO BETTSY!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS.

ring the court first thing monday morning and find out what they say about the timing for executing the warrant.

why isnt there a great big ****WON POST OFT**** on this thread :D

There is now!;)

Well done bettsy - fantastic result!!!!:D

(Which court was it by the way?)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi

I am in court on the 12th Nov for the exact same thing tu have judgement set aside and a stay, hearing was at the banks request so am preparing for this, Now i have recieved a letter from court saying that a stay has been granted no mention of the judgement or the hearing do i need to ring the court or should i assume that the hearing is going ahead?

Steph

Hi Everyone

Just to update you - I still haven't received any money! I'm off to court today to get WOE. I can't beleive that they haven't paid up the miserable *$?*! Do they really think that I'll just forget about it after all this?

you go girl they only have 14 days from your court date to pay up i am sure!!! have you had the order from court yet to say you still have judgement? should tell you on that when they have to pay by!!!

debbie xx

Hi All

There has been a further development today.

Unbelievably DG has written to me to apologise for not attending court on 5th October - apparently there was an 'unfortunate oversight' at their office and they failed to make arrangements to send any one.

Even more unbelievably they have written to the court to ask that the Judge consider reinstating their application and appoint a new date for the hearing!! and they have enclosed £40 chq to the court.

I am just going to compose a letter to the Judge urging him most strongly to consider reinstating their application and then saying NO, as I really feel they are making a mockery of the whole system.

Unbelievable!:x