More trouble for Nationwide!! - **WON**

Bovvered
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LBA sent today - DD 14 days and counting (backwards that is!!)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. You did remember to add the interest, didn't you? Take heart, you'll get your dosh back.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Well I will if I have to file with moneyclaim...we'll see, maybe they'll settle before that - it has been known!

Having sent my LBA yesterday, I received the standard 'get lost' letter from NW - they obviously crossed in the post. There is a phone number on it and she says go ahead and call if you want to discuss.

Now it's interesting because I have changed to my maiden name and all correspondance so far has been sent to my current name. However, this letter I got today, is in my old name. So I thought ok I'll ring and point that out. So I ring, - engaged. Try again, rings, answers and it's like they cut me off straight away. So I try again, and now it doesn't even ring it's the no such number tone - maybe they've banned calls from my number lol!!

Just a suggestion, but it's never really a good idea to do things on the phone. Anyone you are ever likely to get on the phone will certainly not have the authority to refund your cash, so what's the point? Best to keep things in writing, and as minimal as you can, thereby reducing the opportunity for debate.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

No I wasn't phoning about the refund, but about that they used the wrong name...

• 2 weeks later...

What's the deal with this anyone? I got this reply to my LBA, and I'm due to start my claim on moneyclaim tomorrow:

15 May 2006

MSD/Z57855

Dear xxxx

Your complaint has been sent to me by Tina Hiscocks, Team Manager, Member Account Servicing. I've only just received the papers and will be reviewing them as soon as possible. Once I've finished, I'll write to you with my findings.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) allows us 8 weeks to investigate before you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. This ends on 14 June 2006. If for any reason we can't send a full response by then, we'll write and explain why.

Yours sincerely

Sue Haggett

Member Relations Manager

Particulary this bit: The Financial Services Authority (FSA) allows us 8 weeks to investigate before you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case.

Yeah that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure there wasn't some new thing come up with this FSA thing.....ta!!:D

Yes, ignore it. They're trying to get you to go down the path of a complaint to the FOS (A pretty hopeless bunch). An interesting comment about the FSA. They are correct that the FSA state that complaints should be responded to within 8 weeks, but the FOS only needs a 'final response' before they will get involved. In any case, you're free to go to court at any time.

• Confused 1

The FSA says that they have 8 weeks to respond to complaints.

Yours isn't a complaint - it's a request for them to give your money back - stick to your timetable - you told them in no uncertain terms what was going to happen, and they know it.

If they don't know it - then that is no concern of yours. If the shoe was on the other foot and they gave you 14 days to pay up, do you think they would listen to excuses like "I've only just looked at your letter, can I have another few weeks to think about it?"

No, neither do I!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Yes, of course you're right - I never complained - so it's moneyclaim tomorrow as planned...

Thanx

Good for you, show them you mean business. They try to make us conform to thier timetables, and give no notice to what we have written to them.I wish you the best of luck.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cleopatra

Good luck with your claim. It is daunting I know (we are there too) but it seems to be worth it looking at many of the other posts.

Just going back to your earlier posts. The reason for the 8 weeks is that in the event of a complaint the FOS will not intervene unless at least 8 weeks has elapsed since any complaint is made. After that date they can intervene if the complainant asks them to whether a final resolution letter has been issued or not.

We have taken a two pronged approach. Firstly the claim, which as Dave says is not a complaint. Secondly we have complained about delays, rude callers (and my word was that young man very rude), lost letters including registered delivery ones, the list is endless.

This allows us to cause maximum impact. We have also not had a reply to our DPA request so it's now another line of attack.

How you proceed is up to you but as you can see the opportunities to make em 'ave it are many. If you can make the most of them all then it's possible to build up the pressure on the bank and may give extra ammunition at the negotiation stage. I say may reservedly however as we are not quite there yet.

We are all with you on this. Jut imagine having a huge (20,000+ it now seems) crowd behind you. How reassuring is that!

Thanks for all your advice Jonesy...in fact what I did was ignore that letter (as it arrived the last day of the deadline I gave them, and I wasn't prepared to delay my timetable over their error of thinking that asking for my money back was a complaint)...so I filed at moneyclaim as planned :)

They acknowledged the claim on 22 May and intend to defend - they have another 28 days then

All going according to plan then. Steady as she goes...

• 4 weeks later...

Ok tomorrow is day 28, the last day they have to enter a defence I understand. So I guess Tuesday I shall know more. I expect I'll be sent the allocation questionaire thingy....

Well done for finding the courage to take the banks on.

I have read about your situation and it seems that the majority of us on here all have one thing in common, low income families.

It makes me really angry to read about your situation and others who have had to cope with the stress (i know what i feels like) when you describe sick to the stomach.

But again well done, keep strong we are all here to support you

Regards

David

Good luck! I'm surprised you haven't had your charges back yet, mine were refunded very quickly after they received the court claim. Maybe they're just too busy with all the other people claiming! I'm a single parent too, which is how I got into this mess in the first place. Keep us posted.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

Well, they have entered a defence so I guess I will hear from the court soon

Nationwide have cut their credit card penalties to £12.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/money/06/jun/nationwide-credit-06060601.html

Clear evidence that they realise that their whole regime is unfair.

Even the £12 is merely the OFT#s maximum tolerable limit before which they will interfere.

It will be great bringing this all to court.

I'm sure that the Nationwide will be looking forward to it too.

Why don't we have a reception committee.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks