capitalising on capital one

sowerby17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well got letter from court today saying the defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 28th June.

The defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all the claim.

What next?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well got letter from court today saying the defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 28th June.

The defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all the claim.

What next?

Hi Sowerby

Same happened to me. Cap One file an acknowledgement stating their intention to defend in full. They will have 28 days from that date to lodge their defence, which they won't do. Instead, they'll send you a letter just before that date saying "We're right but we're going to pay you anyway, here's a nice fat cheque ... now go away."

Wait until you have the cheque before letting the court know that your case is settled in full.

HTH

P xx

• Haha 1

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

You are a godsend painty as no one been replying to my posts.:mad:

Any how what do you reckon about the interest rate a few have only been getting purchase interst or 8%.

When I worked out my own interest rate using purchase interest, I had three varying rates over three years which averaged out at 30% so this is what I claimed. As you may know, I had an easy time with Cap One but I was very strict with my timescales and they paid up sweet like ...

I should stick to your guns on this one babe with the ol' 30% ...

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Hi Sowerby

I don't know what's happening to the posts today, but i have had a lot of trouble finding the threads. Looking at your previous post, you should get a payout anyday now. Just check your balance online every day from now on.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Good luck Sowerby - fingers crossed for full amount for you .

I reckon your'e probably right about timescales - it seems to take 3 weeks from issue for the claim to work its way through their system so next week look likely.

seems like a million miles away.well can only wait.I wonder why some people get cci and some dont. There will be some reasoning in it.

I have the answer to that Q; people who live in County Durham do get their CCI. So that means my dear Sowerby ...;)

it would be so good if someone anyone ever replied to my posts or gave me advice i always seem to have to ask.Others do not seem to have this problem why is this?

I got my letter from caap1 this morning sayin they refunded my charges of £1112 and court fee of £120 and they said I calculated the interest wrong they say it is £423.63 of purchase interest. They said that it means i have had 0% interest on all purchases for the length of my account .They have also refunded £204.63 for the 8% interest I am entitled to claim under section 69 of the county courts act.

I claimed £1808.41. My claim went back more than 6 years and i charged them 30% but apparently my purchase interest rate is 14.5% even so it is no where near the claim.Think i am going to continue butnot sure about the rate of interest.

it would be so good if someone anyone ever replied to my posts or gave me advice i always seem to have to ask.Others do not seem to have this problem why is this?

I got my letter from caap1 this morning sayin they refunded my charges of £1112 and court fee of £120 and they said I calculated the interest wrong they say it is £423.63 of purchase interest. They said that it means i have had 0% interest on all purchases for the length of my account .They have also refunded £204.63 for the 8% interest I am entitled to claim under section 69 of the county courts act.

I claimed £1808.41. My claim went back more than 6 years and i charged them 30% but apparently my purchase interest rate is 14.5% even so it is no where near the claim.Think i am going to continue butnot sure about the rate of interest.

Hey there hun, we had a long conversation about this yesterday and you know what I suggested. My views still stand. They are doing to you exactly what they did to Doo (I forwarded you the link to her thread) ie, contesting the amount of interest, so have a read through for confirmation that you should stick to your guns. She has won and I feel that you will too, but I sense some wavering on your part ... at the end of the day you should do what you feel most comfortable with.:)

Anyone else? Doo, any thoughts?

Glad to hear it, although I'm sure you would appreciate input from someone else apart from lil ol' me!!!

Go for it with the 30% - give 'em hell :p

Hi Sowerby, saw your posting on another thread and thought I would pay a visit. As Paintball says, read my thread, my claim seems to be going on for ever, the long and short of it is that 2 months after my rejection of their offer they have finally made a GOGW of £200, my claim is still short so have to now decide whether to call it a day or carry on. They are not easy to deal with as they are extremely difficult to contact, they promise you replies but you receive nothing - so be prepared to be patient. I will keep an eye on your thread now, if I can be of any help give me a shout.

Well i know everyone says to keep claim whole but am temted to take partial and fight for the rest as we can all prove on here they pick and choose who they pay what to. I rang them and they said send a letter in contesting the interest.