Hi newbie who wants to claim

pmimmy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I just registered as well. I have an arrangement with payplan and im paying back my credit cards. However i have been unfairly hit with charges, even as im paying back, how do i check my history to summarise the costs? as i do not have all my statements?

Out of the 10grand i owe im sure about 4 grand are costs. even when i stopped using the cards they were charging me insurance for over a year!

Can i still make a claim even if im paying back voluntarily with payplan.

Thanks

I have also contacted HSBC asking them for a summary of all my bank charges from 2000. I viewed it online, saw that one month in 2000 i had 4 bounced cheques and late payment charges! Just in one month! :Cry:

This is a tedious task though, and im worried about being threatened.................

i have emailed payplan detailing my intentions

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I finally had my bank statements of the past 7 years sentto me. highlighting and summarising the charges will be a tedious task as it is a lot of paperwork.

What if the bank tells me i was irresponsible with my finances?

I will be calculating my chrages and will post it.

Please advise

Hi

What if the bank tells me i was irresponsible with my finances?

I will be calculating my chrages and will post it.

Please advise

So what if they do? If they say they aren't going to pay back your charges then it's time to follow the step-by step guide, which as I hope you are aware may mean taking them to court! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

wow

after spending the whole day sifting all my paperwork, i have got a total of £2,490.98 from my HSBC current account!

wow some months i had over £100 in charges taken out of my account in one go!

well i will be preparing a letter tommorow and sending it off, i guess to the address you have provided instead of my local branch.

Good luck and keep us posted how you are getting on.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Your questions imply to me that you haven't read through the FAQs.

Have a read; you must be as prepared as possible for what is about to unfold.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks

I have printed out the step by step instructions

I will be sending 3 copies of my letter

one to my local branch and the other 2 to phil beaumont and alan pretty. is this okay?

Good for you.

Welcome to the club!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

• 2 weeks later...

Dear *****

Ref 11*********

Thank you for your letter dated April 3 2006 requesting a refund of £2566.48 bank charges.

The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed are disproponiata and are therefore uneforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is governered by our personal banking terms and conditions. In respect of overdrafts, i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. if you authorise a payment that would, if met by us, lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you opened your account.

Whilst i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, i trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. If you are not satisfied with the banks response you should now refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service as this represent our final response on this matter

Phil Beaumont

It can be done - you just have to mess about a lot to get it to submit.

Take out line breaks, spaces after commas etc...

------------

------------

Hi pmimmy,

Have a look at this thread, and you'll see one way the orginal online court document was shortened. It may give you some idea of how you could get it filled out with less characters:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=29610#post29610

Hope this is in time before you go to the post office :)

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

The county court has received my claim and are processing it now.

I should receive a letter from them anytime from now.

will keep you posted, apparently once the claim is processed, the bank has got 14 days to respond...........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks