Accomodation Rip Off at St Georges Hospital. Tooting

katesage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted the chance to warn any potential patients at St Georges Hospital Tooting London, that if you have relatives who need to stay in the hospital accomodation block Ingleby House be very very careful.

1/ There is a Holiday Inn nearby offering £49.95 per night inc breakfast.

For Gods sake do that rather than stay in the decrepit block that has leaking showers, grubby basic rooms in a gloomy towerblock a lengthy walk from the main hospital. They charge £50 a night for a room with a double bed but no brekky. (not that you'd want to eat there!)

2/ They don't let you pay for your accom as you depart, they insist on sending an invoice. (which made me rightly suspicious)

3/ A week after we left they sent my mum a bill for her accom which was correct.

The next day I received a bill for over £400 quid for my 9yr old daughters accom.

SHE WAS THE ONE STAYING ON THE WARD HAVING THE BL**DY OPERATION!

I stayed on a cot next to her.

It took several letters including a letter from the ward sister to confirm their error. I even got told on the phone that all was ok but would then receive a heavy threatening letter requesting payment. The invoices were in my daughters name.

I basically got the impression from the behaviour of the staff at the block that some sort of [problem] is going on. Obviously just after a hospital stay things are stressful and I wondered how many people just paid up.

It all got sorted in the end but I really did wonder if there was more to it.:?

BE WARNED!! DO NOT STAY THERE!!

I am really angry about hospitals it seems the Chief Execs think its ok to use the public as cash cows to fund their hospitals.

I would love to see a PROPER investigation into all these scams.

A few years back we got a brand new hospital built to replace the decrepit old one in the city centre, they built it with no access road, they built it onto a "B" road and didnt think about access etc. They then built it the same size as the old one (why??) and the car parking is woefully inadequate (we couldnt get parked last week for an outpatient appt) all this was built out of town on farmland so whats the excuse?

Car parking at Norfolk and Norwich hospital:

30 mins free

£2 up to 3 hours

£4 up to 4 hours

£6 max 5 hours

God only knows what they charge after that.

Then you have the amazing rip off that is Patientline £3.50 a DAY for TV (not even Sky or anything like that ffs)

Then if your loved ones want to call you they get charged 49p per minute

Bloody PPI hospitals its about time something was done about these SCAMS

I am really angry about hospitals it seems the Chief Execs think its ok to use the public as cash cows to fund their hospitals.

I would love to see a PROPER investigation into all these scams.

A few years back we got a brand new hospital built to replace the decrepit old one in the city centre, they built it with no access road, they built it onto a "B" road and didnt think about access etc. They then built it the same size as the old one (why??) and the car parking is woefully inadequate (we couldnt get parked last week for an outpatient appt) all this was built out of town on farmland so whats the excuse?

Car parking at Norfolk and Norwich hospital:

30 mins free

£2 up to 3 hours

£4 up to 4 hours

£6 max 5 hours

God only knows what they charge after that.

Then you have the amazing rip off that is Patientline £3.50 a DAY for TV (not even Sky or anything like that ffs)

Then if your loved ones want to call you they get charged 49p per minute

Bloody PPI hospitals its about time something was done about these SCAMS

Well I can tell you for a fact that the nurses accommodation there is pretty good and the doctors' accomodation is something else! I arranged the funding for it several years ago and the specs were very impressive indeed.

Without meaning to sound rude but not being a nurse or a doctor I couldnt give a monkeys about their accomodation ;)

I suppose the money for their accomodation would have come from other sources so wouldnt have impacted the hospital anyway, anyway my point was about the patients and their families being ripped off by hospitals

My gf is pregnant and now has gestational diabetes which means we have to go to the hospital for over 3 hours every week it costs a small fortune, considering the old excuse for high cost was to put people off parking there and walking into town now the hospital is in the middle of nowhere theres no excuse for that its just daylight robbery and as for Patientline sheeeesh it should be illegal!!

If an area is growing why build a hospital with fewer beds, no access and 850 car parking spaces its nuts!

Not to mention tens of thousands of pounds worth of air conditioning that no one can switch on because its all linked and would just blast germs from ward to ward total madness.

I completely agree. It's been a while but I saw some of the NHS PFI deals when they still in the planning stage and some of them were, to put it mildly, pretty stupid and geared around making profits for the developers rather than providing care for patients.

I see this all the time I work for the local county council in IT and the schools get billed stupid money £120 for a 512MB stick of RAM instead of about £20

Its crazy we use a couple of major IT players instead of going direct to trade suppliers, I run a part time home business selling small PCs for bedrooms and living rooms etc and I use VIP or CMS computers and pay a fraction of what some of these places charge the council its amazing no wonder there's no money to go round first thing id fix if I were in charge would probs save the customers several £1000's per year each, multiply that by 450 sites here and thats a lot of money

• 2 weeks later...

My dad was rushed to this very same hospital in the early hours of christmas day morning. He had been rushed into hospital in Ashford on the previous evening and then transferred by ambulance to St Georges. We stayed in the accomodation for 4 nights. As we hadn't taken any means of payment with us we were unable to use the Holiday Inn (although all of the nurses advised it). The single room was £40 per single room per night with no brekky. The room wasn't too bad but you only get one lot of tea/coffee and set of towels for the whole length of the stay.

For breaksfast the main hospital canteen was very reasonable. breakfast (full fry up) came to about £3 meals about £4.

As my father was transferred to a hospital nearer home and stayed in a while, I couldn't pay the bill when the invoice came through. I wrote a polite letter explaining this and asking for a bit more time. Without further communication they passed the debt to Capitol Commercial Collections.

If at all possible use the holiday inn if you happen to be in the same situation.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.