What is a "directions hearing"

Kellbell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its a meeting between the judge and the two parties to decide what needs to be in place before and in order for the case to be heard. the template draft directions that the site has put together is a good start but i would also try to have the defence struck out at this stage particularly if the bank doesnt turn up to the hearing

i attended a directions hearing for my first case and as a result the judge used my directions and issued them as a court order within 14 days i recieved a full pay out.Basically if you can influence the judge that the draft directions will bring about a speedy end to the case as it asks for the bank to declare and set out the actual cost of the charges. They of course will not declare these and therefore choose to settle instead.

You must be prepared though and show the judge that this is the best way to settle the matter once and for all

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Can I ask when you attended what did you actually say (I'm a bit lost with your thread and Glenns) as my case there was never an allocation questionnaire, so obviously no place to attach something additional. I'm just wondering what they'll want me to say, or if I have to give them anything, what I should do.

I'm really nervous about this, I didn't want to get to court as I work for a bank and it could be awkward, I don't want my position to be jeapordised IYSWIM

There is a section on directions hearings in the "GOT A COURT DATE..." thread in the library - guidance notes.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sorry......i am going to sound very thick here!! What do you mean by "having the defence struck out"??

So i take along with me a draft directions?? Or do i send this in?? What else??

Please help!!!!!!!

Defence struck out means that you ask the judge to completely ignore the banks defence, therefore you win by default as there is no defnec to the charges brought.

Second question, Yes take a couple of copies of the draft directions with you. present the judge one and have one for he bank. essentially these are what you are trying to get agreement to. This will force the bank to declare its costs.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider