Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blame the hot weather ;-)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn’t take much but I’m a bit confused, just got back off holidays, to find the I too have a hearing on the 14th, just printed out the letters to send to the court and Barclays but on the order of direction it gives 14 days to submit the relevant details (statements etc) is this correct? Also has anyone else had Adrian StJohn deal with their claim?

Hi all Cardiff Claimants, I am so pleased to see that I am not alone!! My date is also 14 August at 10.30 am. I have just rung the court to clarify a few things and was told that there are 500 cases listed for that day (200 have already settled) and this tactic by the court is in hope that the banks will settle the others before hand. Those which are not settled before the hearing date will then be given directions for another hearing. I will be therefore sending to the court and to Barclays my suggested case directions and will also be attending. My claim is for £4,500 - would appreciate hearing from anyone with a similar amount and any backup support/strategy etc.,

Doesn’t take much but I’m a bit confused, just got back off holidays, to find the I too have a hearing on the 14th, just printed out the letters to send to the court and Barclays but on the order of direction it gives 14 days to submit the relevant details (statements etc) is this correct? Also has anyone else had Adrian StJohn deal with their claim?

Does it say 14days before court or 14 days from reciept of the order ?

Adrian St John is just one of the people who sign the defences it will be one of the people listed here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html who will be dealing with your case give them a call to see who is actually dealing with yours or send an email Dino is the best at replying to emails i think

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

smutley i would suggest the same to you contact the lit team http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

They work till 6pm :)

• Haha 2

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Hi guys, I too have a A Preliminary Directional Hearing at Cardiff on 14th.

Yesterday I decided to email Barclays and so sent an email to Dino.

Within an hour I had an email back from a Robert Saunders who said he is dealing with my case and will review the claim with a view to settling out of Court by the end of the week.

Sounds promising but then again it could be another attempt by the infamous Barclays Litigation Team to delay and stall matters further. We will just av to wait and see. And those of you from Bridgend it is definately a small world

<.......... also bridgend src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/biggrin.png.5167daaf573d49627fc1ccb2696efc39.png" alt=":D">

Does it say 14days before court or 14 days from reciept of the order ?

Adrian St John is just one of the people who sign the defences it will be one of the people listed here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html who will be dealing with your case give them a call to see who is actually dealing with yours or send an email Dino is the best at replying to emails i think

Thanks, I phoned up to find out who was dealing with the case (Dino) then sent a polite but to the point email, within the hour he emailed back saying he would look into it and confirm the charges, in the post this morning is a offer letter with £40 more than I thought my claim plus intrest would be :), very happy with them just wish their employer would change their policy and settle alot sooner.

Cardiff update: I rang Dino today (nice young man) who informs me that Tom Hickey is dealing with my case, but he is on holiday till 25 June. So I have mailed a copy of my Draft Directions and a polite letter asking them to pay up my 4.5K to him, but looks like I will have to wait till he get back off his hols for a response!

I have been successful with a smaller claim on one of my other Barclays accounts, claimed £255 plus interest by letter 4 May. 4 June received letter offering £250, so accepted and banked within 3 days! No court claims needed on this one.

Hi everyone

Barclays have put in a defence i think mine is a standard one like everyone else has had, then i had a letter saying it had been transferred to cardiff court. Today i had a letter off the court saying DIRECTIONS WILL BE GIVEN ON 14TH AUGUST AT 10.30 is this the same as everyone else has had. I emailed krista a few weeks ago and she told me Thomas Hickey is dealing with my claim, the amount i am claiming with interest and court costs is £4,710 What should i do next, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

LINDA

• Haha 1

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Thanks saintly

I have tried contacting Thomas a few times before now but he never answers my emails and i read on another thread that he's on holiday till the 25th june. I think i will try again though, no harm in trying. Thanks again

LINDA

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

UPDATE

Emailed tom and krysta but had no reply so i emailed dino and he replied within 5 mins. He said tom is out of the office till tuesday the 26th ( my birthday :D ) and he told me to ring him then so will let you know what happens.

Dino seems to be the only one answering eamils - he forwarded mine to krysta -still no reply - emailed her direct again yesterday - still no reply. Going to send off relavent paperwork to the court and then contact them again to show this is serious - see if that works.

Linda you need to send them whatever they asked for in the letter from the court

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Hi Saintly

this is what it says

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1- directions will be given in this case by the designated judge(and the judges name and time so on)

2- the parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing

id be glad of any advice please

thanks linda

Me 2 dino replied 2 my email and says the guy dealing with my case is Paul Quinn.

I will leave it until weekend as my Judgment is Friday 22nd of June.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)