I need your help! Do you have any old T&Cs?

HSBCrusher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. Well as I stated in an earlier post, I wasn't holding my breath, and sure enough, HSBC didn't deliver. Here's a scan of the letter I got in return.

Sorry they weren't more useful! Feel free to pester the phone number at the bottom of it and see if you can get better results though!

r-t-v

RTV - may I suggest you write to HSBC head office and ask them to supply the T&Cs, referring to the reply you have had from the call centre manager, and asking whether they would like to comment on the claim that it is impossible to supply them.

If they refuse a second time - and at the top level - then the story might be of interest to the media. Even if they don't get back to you, they would look pretty bad with one refusal already on record...

stax

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CM would the freedom of information act cover? dont know enough about it to be sure............:!:

To be honest i dont know anything about that, but surely somewhere there has to be records of all the T & C's. Dont expect help from the banks.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Does anyone know when the collected T&Cs will be made available, I have to submit my witness statement and supporting evidence (so Im just sending the whole court bundle) in for the 11th June. I opened my account in April 2002. Unfortunately Ive moved 3 times and lost track of old paper work so Im having to rely on you guys that someone else out there has a copy!

Has anyone come across t/c's for 1989? Rang bank like others have done andtold the same (not keeping them). Have requested copy of my "contract" i signed when I opened account - just in case anything stated on that.

Thank

Sha

I have been told these t &c's are from 94

As the ragged sheepshank said - I'm afraid not! :(

Those are the new ones from December 2006 - containing the new story about informal overdraft requests and, er, 'overdraft review fees'.:rolleyes:

Hi Rob,

Funny that I got exactly the same letter telling me that the T & C for 1995 are no longer ava and here is the most uptodate!!!!!

suppose Have no option but to include them in my court bundle as they are the only ones I have:!:

NO! you must get some older ones - even if not from the time you opened your account!

Here's what is available so far, pending the CAG admins getting some up on the forum. They are all relevant and you may as well include them all:

1997 (extract sent by DG on behalf of HSBC):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/55086-stax68-hsbc.html#post846275

2004,2005:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/90721-i-need-your-help.html#post840881

cheers, stax

I'm digging around in the attic to see if I've kept my old T&C from 1995.

A quick question: If the T & C are amended during the life of an account, are these changes also applicable to the operation of the account. For example do the T & C say somewhere that they are "subject to change without notice". In which case would one need to include every revision in any legal documentation supporting a claim?

Nick D Mymoney

I've been trying to get an answer to this, but in the meantime everything points towards the fact that all the T&Cs are relevant.

First, the agreements are open-ended and either side can terminate on giving the appropriate notice - so it's not obviously totally unjust to vary the T&Cs.

Second, the T&Cs I have say that HSBC may vary the T&Cs with 30 day's notice, and you may terminate without any extra charges or interest within 60 days of being informed of disadvantageous changes. There might be some reason why this is invalid or inapplicable, but I haven't found one.

Third, this interesting thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/27632-phoenix-hsbc.html#post325256 has an account of a district judge's opinion on the matter.

So in general, I think it's fairly clear that - as you would expect - changes to the T&Cs do have effect during the relevant period.

There might be a kind of 'exception' to this, if the Unfair Terms in Consumer contracts Regulations (UTCCRs) apply only to the T&Cs in operation at the start of the contract. But they apply to terms, rather than only to whole contracts (the clue's in the name!), so I'd have thought that they apply to any new or amended terms introduced after mid-1995, when the first lot of UTCCRs took effect.

There's then also the question of whether the first introduction of a new set of T&Cs after mid-95 could mean that the UTCCRs would start to apply to all terms in the new T&Cs, including those that are unchanged - perhaps because the revised terms mean that technically speaking, a new contract is entered into? I have no good information on this, but I suspect the answer is the regs would apply only to new or amended terms.

Perhaps a suitably well-informed mod could help us out?

Right then, am I right in thinking that the t&c's I have printed out are not good enough for the bundle? Should I remove them and add others or leave them in and add others? Please tell me very quickly as I am sending them tomorrow!:confused::)

Hi

Does above posts mean that we T/C's for every period in the 6 yr span--my Barclaycard was from 1999 but 1999 T/C's didn't charge then-not till mid 2001-does that mean charges are unlawful!!

Chelsea

Hi all,

I have another link for you I have not checked all the previous posts to see if you already have as it seemed urgentish hope it helps.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_1_5_S5/content/uk/pdfs/en/personalbankingterms_conditions.pdf;jsessionid=0000Vubrqb_8pvQNOpzopP1u1Xs:11j5bfvdu

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I dont Know if it is any use but i have a letter of terms and conditions from an overdraft that we took out in 1996 when it was midland

Terms and conditions for overdraft 27 November 1996

1 Your facility, like all overdraft facilities, is an on-demand form of borrowing. This means that we have the right, at any time ,even befor the review date , to withdraw your facility and/or write to you demanding immediate repayment of the overdrawn balance of your account,together with accrued interest,fees and any charges

2 Because your facility is a variable rate overdraft, we may,at our discretion, change any of our interest rates by notice in the national press and our branches or by writing to you. The changes will apply from the date given in the notice.

3 You may cancel your overdraft facility at any time by repaying the overdrawn balance of your account together with accrued interest and any charges, and writing to us telling us you wish to cancel. There is no fee for cancelling the facility

4 If we renew your facility in future, a renewal fee may be payable. we will tell you the amount of this fee, if any,before we deduct it from your account.

5 Interest will be calculated daily on the cleared balance of your account. Interest and fees will be deducted from your account 14 days after your monthly charges calculation date which we will set or agree with you. A statement of the interest and fees if any to be deducted will be sent to you on your monthly charges calculation date

6 In this letter, to calculate whether any fees are payable, 'month' means the period between one monthly charges calculation date and the next.

7 If your overdraft limit is exceeded, interest will be charged at Midland's standard debit interest rate which is currently 24.6% a year on any amount over your limit. An extra fee of £10 will also be charged for any month when the balance of your account exceeds your limit, whether for one day or more.

8 We reserve the right to return unpaid, or refuse authorisation of, any items which would cause the balance of your account to exceed the agreed limit.

9If we ever have to call for repayment, interest will contine to be charged at the rates set out in this letter on the amount you owe us, including any other sums deducted from your account, until you have repaid us in full. Interest, fees and charges will continueto be deducted from your account 14 days after your monthly charges calculation date. we may also change this date

10 Our personal customer terms and conditions also appy to your orchard account. If you do not have a copy. please ask us for one

11 We may change the charges, the terms of this letter, these terms and conditions and our personal customer terms and conditions by giving at least one calender month's notice in our branches, in the national press or by writing to you. the changes will apply from the date given in the notice.

Well done JoJo, im sure we can use that somewhere.

Point 7.

Interesting, 24.6%, now what would that look like in a compound spreadsheet.

also note that it says nothing for what the £10 is for, its just an ' extra fee' or unjustified penalty, at least now they try to disguise it as a service

Keep looking, you just never know what else you may find

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

JoJo, do the same as you probably have done previous & send to a mod, or there is a email address somewhere to send to but i cant find the link.

Cm

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

JoJo, do the same as you probably have done previous & send to a mod, or there is a email address somewhere to send to but i cant find the link.

Cm

sorry dont understand what you mean???

sorry dont understand what you mean???

Hi JOJO, did i read on one of the earlier posts that you had found account T & C's and this was a second lot. ( It might be me confsing things lol, too many late nights. ) What i meant was if you had found a second lot to send them same place as first ones.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won