CatLover64 v HSBC

Catlover64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks amjks

A further update. Did manage to get on the MCOL eventually, and started to complete the form. Got half way and the site crashed. After speaking to the helpdesk, they've advised the site has indeed gone down, and has been like that for three days!:mad: Apparently, I was quite lucky to get on at all...Anyway, the good folks at MCOL reckon it'll be back up by Monday, so watch this space.

Would love to file via N1, but it'll take two working weeks for issue and service. Don't want to do that really....

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Catlover,

I bet you are frustrated at mcol down, my situation is no better as the judge has yet to make a decission, all bank charge claims are still at shrewsbury awaiting directions, and I have been told bank charges are not high priority.

Hi

A quick update - After several VERY frustrating attempts finally managed to issue the claim via MCOL. It took me 2 hours but eventually managed to get it done.

Now all I have to do is wait & hope....:D

Indeed I did expect that submitting by N1 would speed things up, as Nothampton CC will not need to first consider it before transfering to my local court, as it is already there.

Whatever, its in now (receievd at the CC today). An extra two weeks if I get my money is not to lose sleep over. Here's hoping I have a sympathetic judge down here.

Hi Jailbird & amjkls

You're so lucky to get the papers served so quickly. Here in sunny Croydon, they have to send the papers off to Haywards Heath to be processed. Hence the two week wait. I figure the bank have been given ample time - five weeks, so didn't want to wait any more. Lots of luck anyway. Hope you'll be posting positive news very soon....

How far down the road are you? :)

hi cat

hope youre over the frustration of the mcol site.

youre moving in the right direction, maybe slower than you'd like but you'll get there in the end so hang on in there.

Thanks for the support PD! Yes - must admit to feeling apprehensive especially in view of the threat to strike out cases in Hull, and the learned judge saying this am there should be a test case :eek:.

But I'm hopeful!:cool:

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the info.

I really am getting concerned I just hope for now at least, that the banks legal dept carry on settleing cases, as I think some point in time they may start defending, or the outcome on a test case.

WE WANT OUR MONEY

Hi CatLover

Regarding the Question you asked me on my thread,

It seems like it goes on forever doesn"t it.

From where you are now I first applied at the court on April 24th was was not served until april 26 , they had until 10May to respond, which they did, then 28 days to put there defence in.

I was quite fortunate that they put there defence in quite early around 20 days where they are known to, on occasions, not put in there defence until the last minute. I did not use MCOL, simply because I did not know about it.

I know it seems forever but it has gone quite quick I am just worried now incase I will end up having to go to Court, But will if I have to!

OK - Now thatI have at last issued my claim, I'm thinking ahead. I think HSBC may probably defend, so will need to think about getting the bundle together. Mind you - am encouraged by a court striking out their defence as 'abuse of process'. Wonder if I'll be that lucky?

From what I've read on here, it could be about 200 pages x3. That's a hell of a lot of copying....

Anyone know of a place that could do it stress-free for me? :D

Hey CatLover

I can't promise to make it stress free for you, but I submitted my claim on Friday, so we are on a similar timeline and can definitely support each other when it comes to doing the bundle.

From what I understand, that step is quite a way off yet (at least a few months), so I am doing my best to stay stress free about it for now. :)

Jo

an answer for every question - that's my motto -

just tonight a nice young man who has done the whole bundle - has written this:

I'd like to post my HSBC Court Bundle. I have taken CAG from Gary H, HSBC 1994 t&C's, Parliament early Day Motion , Australian bank charges report etc... and put them in a rather huge word document (40mb), with evey page numbered, I think many others may find this format useful - How do I go about uploading this???

his thread is here: suggest you make contact STODAD vs HSBC - deadline 24th May

an answer for every question - that's my motto -

just tonight a nice young man who has done the whole bundle - has written this:

I'd like to post my HSBC Court Bundle. I have taken CAG from Gary H, HSBC 1994 t&C's, Parliament early Day Motion , Australian bank charges report etc... and put them in a rather huge word document (40mb), with evey page numbered, I think many others may find this format useful - How do I go about uploading this???

his thread is here: suggest you make contact STODAD vs HSBC - deadline 24th May

Thank you as always Latty! I shall take a look tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake...

Now - the latest. Tonight I got in, and found a letter from the good folks at HSBC. I have a final demand asking for immediate repayment of my o/d stating the account is now in default, and stating they will continue to charge me interest until it is paid. Had a feeling this might happen, so have set up the parachute and it's up & running. It seems the left hand doesn't speak to the right :rolleyes: .

What's my next step? Should I write and tell them the account is now in dispute, and there is already court action pending? (When they pay me, I will of course pay off the O/D). Or should I sit tight and say nothing, in the vain hope that they mat realise that there is action pending?

Thanks in advance as always :)

Hey CatLover

I can't promise to make it stress free for you, but I submitted my claim on Friday, so we are on a similar timeline and can definitely support each other when it comes to doing the bundle.

From what I understand, that step is quite a way off yet (at least a few months), so I am doing my best to stay stress free about it for now. :)

Jo

Hi - thanks so much for the support. I really appreciate it. Of course you must let me know how you got on. We're just about at the same stage, so hopefully, we'll be getting postive news very soon....:)

Thank you as always Latty! I shall take a look tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake...

Now - the latest. Tonight I got in, and found a letter from the good folks at HSBC. I have a final demand asking for immediate repayment of my o/d stating the account is now in default, and stating they will continue to charge me interest until it is paid. Had a feeling this might happen, so have set up the parachute and it's up & running. It seems the left hand doesn't speak to the right :rolleyes: .

What's my next step? Should I write and tell them the account is now in dispute, and there is already court action pending? (When they pay me, I will of course pay off the O/D). Or should I sit tight and say nothing, in the vain hope that they mat realise that there is action pending?

Thanks in advance as always :)

Morning! Am bumping this in the hope of a reply :D

tell them that you are having some temporary financial difficulties but you are expecting a large sum of money within the next couple of months and that once you receive it you will clear all outstanding debt on the o/d. Ask them if they could possibly help you out by allowing you this extra time to repay. if they ask about the source of your expected windfall, tell them exactly what you are doing and that historically all claims have been sucsessful so you have no reason to think you will not receive the said moneies!

Worth a try!

tell them that you are having some temporary financial difficulties but you are expecting a large sum of money within the next couple of months and that once you receive it you will clear all outstanding debt on the o/d. Ask them if they could possibly help you out by allowing you this extra time to repay. if they ask about the source of your expected windfall, tell them exactly what you are doing and that historically all claims have been sucsessful so you have no reason to think you will not receive the said moneies!

Worth a try!

Hey Freaky

Took your advice! Thanks. Called the bank today and sweetly asked the lady who answered if she was aware I am in the process of reclaiming my bank fees. Of course, she said 'No'. So I asked very nicely if she could remove the default on my account, as they had no right to do that as it is now in dispute....She then tried to transfer me to the Complaints Dept, but of course they're Very Busy People for some strange reason :D.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be hearing too much about a default on my account for the moment....:rolleyes:

Id put it in writting, (not phone) to complaints dept, and keep a copy, at least you have given them a explanation, if they try to bring further action again you, also request removel of default on your recorded delivery letter.

Id put it in writting, (not phone) to complaints dept, and keep a copy, at least you have given them a explanation, if they try to bring further action again you, also request removel of default on your recorded delivery letter.

Hi Sharon

Yes - am putting it in writing, but will send an e-message, keeping copy as usual. The good folks at my local PO are giving me VERY strange looks, as I keep popping in there at regular intervals asking for 'First Class Recorded' on lots of letters. The card business I sent several e-messages, and HSBC are committed to replying within 2 working days. Very often, I find its hours later. At least one other department apart from the 'Thieving Bar Stewards who keep taking money that isn't theirs Dept' works quickly! :D

How are things with you? Have you scored with the postie yet? :D

Hi - I've filed a claim via MCOL against HSBC. I guess it'll be transferred to Croydon CC in due course.

My question is: Does anyone here have or have had dealings with Croydon? How long does it take to get a hearing/directions date??

Any help or advice gratefully accepted - Thanks!:smile:

All of the local county courts are under severe pressure at the moment, if you think you should have heard something at any time the best thing to do is just give them a call to find out whats happening.

pete