CatLover64 v HSBC

Catlover64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bit more news on the card front. No response from the branch to my letter asking why the card was taken, so have sent an internet message asking the same.

I then spoke to the Financial Ombudsman this afternoon, who advised me to treat the issue of the card as a separate complaint, and to give HSBC the statutory eight weeks to reply. If they do not, I can then take that case to the Financial Ombudsman.

So that's all right then! :D

Hi

Just read your post about your card being taken, this too happened to me, about 3 days after i filed the case with small claims, i went to use my card luckily outside a hsbc bank, it wouldn't give me any money nor my card back, so i stormed into the bank, spoke to the woman behind the counter, she told me the bank has taken my card so i can't go overdrawn anymore! at this point i was a bit angry, and shouted i have money in my account how the H*** can i get it out!, she told me i would have to go to my own branch to speak to the bank manager. To cut a long story short, i saw the bank manager, he told me it was nothing to do with my court claim, it was because they had a letter returned from my address written on it 'Gone Away', so for surcuity they needed me to comfirm my address (which i think is a load of rubbish what he told me).I asked to see the letter but he couldn't show me (funny enough).

About 2 weeks later i recieved a new card and pin. :)

I was wondering if i could complain to the financial Ombudsman about the card being taken, even though i got the card back?

Thanks

Dawn

bungie - suggest you take a look at this thread - see what crusher suggests. same sort of thing - see yesterdays posts.

Here we go again! (multipage.gif1 2)

also dawn, press this newthread.gif and you can start your own thread in the hsbc forum - it will help people find you and you can ask questions there - much easier if you have your own.

I have received a response to my e-message saying the branch had sent a reply. It obviously crossed with the letter I got yesterday. So - have sent back a response via e-message asking for the Service Quality Team in Leeds to take up the issue:mad: . I have also advised that I will take the matter to the FO if not resolved satisfactorily within the 8 week timescale. I WANT MY CARD BACK!!:mad:

I'm about to start compiling my spreadsheet for the MCOL claim. I did not ask my branch for the statements, but instead took them down from the 'net.

When I originally started the process, I did use the calculator from the MSE site, which I am now aware doesn't save unless pasted into Word, and doesn't have any space for details of each charge. All I did was simply list everything listed as 'charge', but it does not say what the charge was for.

My question is this : When I do my new and complete spreadsheet for the court, will the simple description 'Charge'/'Total Charges' and 'Notified Fees and Charges' as seen be sufficient? I am assuming I can only repeat what is on the statements and it will be down to HSBC to supply the exact detail.

Thanks! :)

yes, use what it says it is called on the statements

anything with a DR next to it (except interest - that's a whole different kettle of fish!) cross reference with this list: Charges description on statements - Please Read and notified fees and arrangement fees which i don't think have made the list yet.

take you statements and do a bit double check - this is the very last time you can easily change what you are asking for. go over the statements twice - mark them with a coloured pen. then do your spreadsheet.

yes, use what it says it is called on the statements

anything with a DR next to it (except interest - that's a whole different kettle of fish!) cross reference with this list: Charges description on statements - Please Read and notified fees and arrangement fees which i don't think have made the list yet.

take you statements and do a bit double check - this is the very last time you can easily change what you are asking for. go over the statements twice - mark them with a coloured pen. then do your spreadsheet.

Thanks for the quick response Lateralus! Yes - already in hand. I marked all the charges with an asterisk the first time in the absence of a highlighter. This has now been sorted, so am looking though and marking with the pen. I'll also arrange in date order on Excel, before doing the final version. I've also seen the MCOL details on here and have done a version in Word to read through & check before I hit the button on Thursday!

Wish me luck! :)

OK - Have done my spreadsheet which should re-calculate the values on Thursday when I send it.

I have a question - I've got a Card Recovery Fee of £50 charged to me. I've looked through the FAQ's on here as well as MSE and can't find the answer. Is anyone able to help? Thanks.

Also - have more charges which are due to be applied on 1/6. Maybe I should wait until Friday, in which case I could add them on to the claim? What do you think?

Thanks! :)

Bump! Is anyone able to help re: question of reclaiming card recovery fee? Really need an answer as will be slapping in claim on Friday...

Thanks

Someone? Anyone?? Please help...Thanks!

Question for Lateralus/HSBC Crusher :D

I've PM'd you with details of my MCOL claim. Would you mind looking it over for me and let me know if OK to put on the form? I'm getting everything ready now, so that tomorrow am, all I have to do is check again and press that button! Thanks :)

OK - these are the details I intend to use as my POC on MCOL....

The Claimant has an account xxxxxxx Sort Code 40-xx-xx with the Defendant, opened 06/10/2000. Since 01/04/2001, the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract.Defendant is aware of all details as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another will be sent. Claimant contends: The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law. Claimant claims: 1.Return of the amounts debited of £xxxxx; 2. Interest as per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxxxx continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £xxxx. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Costs allowed by the Court.

Do they look OK? Thanks!

Hi Lateralrus

Sorry for the delay in replying -Yes, I did get your PM, thank you. It's proved to be most useful. But I'm having problems with the MCOL site - it seems to be busy for some reason...:cool:

Never mind - it just makes pressing that button all the more worthwhile.

Thank you again for all your help - I appreciate it! :)

Thank you so much for the quick response Freaky!!

It's now come up with a new thing - although I've put in the right username & password, it says they're wrong! :evil: Did you also get that!

I have not had that one. I think they are innundated with users at the moment and are slowing a bit.

Double check your details makeing sure your uppercase and lower case are right. Not sure if its case sensitive but its worth a go.

Have all your details to hand when you phone them and they should sort it for you.

Hi there

I gave up on MCOL yesterday and sent in the N1 to my local court (I wanted to get my claim off yesterday so as to keep a couple of large charges in within the statute of limitations). I called the MCOl helpdesk and it seems that their system was overloaded. Am sure its got something to do with it being the end of the month.

If MCOL still doesn't work today and you are desperate to get your claim in, I would suggest you go the N1 route. I found it really straightforward.

Good luck