Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters

reload
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks rdeload, it was just the bit at the bottom I was wondering about:

You've mentioned the new guidelines from the Office of Fair Trading on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines only concern 'default' charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply.

It is the bit in red that confused me? Is it just their usual bollocks? :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep :)

The original OFT statement says it believes that similar principles apply to penalty charges relating to standard bank accounts as opposed to credit cards. So in other words: They're just telling you what their lawyers want you to believe.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I Don't Know If This Could Be Classed As Something Different But Lloyds Phoned Me A Few Days Ago To Apologise For My Complaint And Asked Me If I Would Be Happy To Fill In A Customer Service Questionnaire! Apart From Fall On My Ass Laughing I Quite Kindly Asked Them To Write To Me If They Wanted To Contact Me Re Anything!! How Cheeky Is That! Has Anyone Else Had Phone Calls Regarding Your Claims?

Donna X

Subject Access sent - 28/06/068)

Prelim Sent - 22/07/06:roll:

Standard Bog Off received - 03/08/2006:mad:

LBA sent - 07/08/06

Expiry of LBA - 21st Aug No reply as of yet so

Moneyclaim issued - 01/09/2006:lol: ( I even gave them an extra 10 days before issuing claim! ) THE SWINES!

Notice of issue received 11/09/2006

Acknowledgement of service received 13/09/06

28 DAYS & COUNTING!

Total Claim - £3,966.04 inc Interest

Lloyds Platinum Visa Subject access sent 11/06/2006

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping"

"We didn't actually overspend our budget. The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure."

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Hmmm, can't say I did Donna - I'm guessing it's a case of "Pick complaint letters at random and send them a Cust Service Questionnaire", though - irrespective of the actual complaint.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

several people seem to get this one as there responce to the first letter now

""Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy over your account charges. Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When a customer doesn't have enough in their account to cover a payment, this always means additional work. We must either make the payment for you via an overdraft or send the payment request back. Either way, it has to happen speedily. We feel it's only fair to charge for the extra work involved.

Of course it is only fair, too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you take them up. That's why we take care to provide every new customer with the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, via our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid charges altogether. I'm sure you'll know how easy it is to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You're free to get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, online and nowadays even by text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over the limit, you're welcome to see if we can raise your limit - and we can usually give you an answer straightaway. You might know, too, that we don't usually charge fees if it's the first day in 12 months that you've gone overdrawn without agreeing it with us beforehand. And we never charge an overdraft excess fee more than three times in any one month, however many times you go over your limit.

You've mentioned the new guidelines from the Office of Fair Trading on credit card default charges We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them But the important point is that the guidelines only concern 'default' charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply. I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I cannot agree to cancel your charges.

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have enclosed their leaflet that outlines how to contact them.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concern with us.

Yours sincerely

... and back up to the first page :)

Bump bumpety bump everyone!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep, just received this one today - time for the LBA now!

several people seem to get this one as there responce to the first letter now

""Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy over your account charges. Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When a customer doesn't have enough in their account to cover a payment, this always means additional work. We must either make the payment for you via an overdraft or send the payment request back. Either way, it has to happen speedily. We feel it's only fair to charge for the extra work involved.

Of course it is only fair, too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you take them up. That's why we take care to provide every new customer with the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, via our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid charges altogether. I'm sure you'll know how easy it is to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You're free to get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, online and nowadays even by text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over the limit, you're welcome to see if we can raise your limit - and we can usually give you an answer straightaway. You might know, too, that we don't usually charge fees if it's the first day in 12 months that you've gone overdrawn without agreeing it with us beforehand. And we never charge an overdraft excess fee more than three times in any one month, however many times you go over your limit.

You've mentioned the new guidelines from the Office of Fair Trading on credit card default charges We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them But the important point is that the guidelines only concern 'default' charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply. I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I cannot agree to cancel your charges.

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have enclosed their leaflet that outlines how to contact them.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concern with us.

Yours sincerely

Firstly, have you read the FAQ's. They are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

All the letter templates you’ll need are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Finally start your own thread in the bank forum relevant to you. That way you can keep a timeline of your progress and receive help and support where needed.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

... back to the top :)

Its interesting that this thread started in June... and encouraging that they have not changed tactics yet! ...and yup - we've had pretty much the template standard responses through September - N1 was completed and presented this week!

Lloyds TSB Loves Us........ We've Paid Them Loads :oops:

I got the usual response to my prelim and then received an enforcement notice so after following a few threads on here I sent a letter back with my LBA stating that the account was in dispute and requiring them to cease action on the enforcement and remove any reference to the debt from any credit reference files.Notice Persuant to s.10 of the DPA.It also referred to the fourth first and sixth principles.The response I got was as follows.

Regarding your letter of 11 sept which incorporates a notice under s.10 of DPA I have assumed that the processing referred to in your notice is the registration of default information with credit reference agencies.

I must advise you that we are unable to comply with your notice since we believe that the data that we disclose to credit reference agencies is accurate and we are therefore not in breach of the Fourth Data Protection Principle.I enclose a leaflet that gives the addresses of the agencies we use so that you can obtain a copy of your credit file and check your personal data.

With reference to your comments about the First Data Protection Principle we have complied in that you were informed about the uses and disclosures of personal data at the time of account opening and we have fulfilled what the act refers to as the "fair processing conditions".Your data has been processed in accordance with your DPA rights so there is no breach of the Sixth principle.

We do not accept that we are processing your data in a way that causes or is likely to cause substantial unwarranted damage or substantial unwarranted distress.We believe that we are justified in passing your data on to credit reference agencies.

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

Jeez, it's next to impossible to get Lloyds to pull their head out of their **** and smell the roses, aint it? :D

:| Hi

Can anyone help me out please. Im now on the stage where im filing with the courts. ive printed off the N1 form. What and how do I fill it in. Do I hand it in to the sheriff courts in Glasgow even though the Lloyds bank ive been sending to is in Birmingham. Please sumbdy help me.

Im claiming 742 pounds not including interest.:confused: :confused:

miapia,

Judging by your question, you're based in Glasgow? If so then yes, the Sheriff's court in Glasgow would be the place to go. The Bank Templates Library has some useful advice on filling out the N1 form, in particular: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Munz, might be worth a go - never know your luck.

I received this letter in response to my LBA,couldnt see it any where so here it is:

Thank you for your letter dated the 15 September 2006. I have noted your comments, but unfortunately i cannot add any further information to our previous letter or agree to your request. Since the bank's final response has been issued, i must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspondence regarding the points you have raised.

Yours sincerely

Jamie O'Neill

Assistant Manager

This is now the third letter i have had from TSB, and every time it is from somebody different!

Sounds very similar to the last letter in my first post Harry ;)

im after starting a case against lloyds tsb i think it will be about £4500 they will owe me but i not very good with words can any one help me please

Hi Brian,

take time to read through the FAQ section on the site. There is a step by step guide to the whole process of reclaiming your charges. The library also contains template letters for each step of the process

Start your own thread in the lloyds forum and then it will be easier to track your progress and to get help and advice from others.

go get em!!

Hi I am new to this and very nervous. Although I am not stupid things to do with the law kind of fly over me as I dont really know much about it. I have just sent off my first letter to Lloyds asking for the full amount of my charges which I reckon to be around £3-£4000. For someone who only take home just under £1000 a month thats alot of money to loose so I am hoping to get somewhere and not be scared off by any off their responses. Any advice or tips will be grateful