help with mega mistake, yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

After making a mistake (monumental) and sending my actual statements back to the bank with interest charges written against each one, didn't fill in the spread sheet, yes I know i'm stupid!!! I have had the usual fobbing off letter, then I sent next letter and copy of original letter requesting x amount (including interest) threatening court action after 14 days, (I reworded the letter explaining I had returned statements but would re request b4 court date) I have had no reply from the bank and their 14 days are up, I have re sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and £10, can I go to the next step and start an online court claim while I wait for new statements to produce said spread sheet??? or do I start from scratch once statements arrive? please help

many thanks

Helen

Hi Midge,

Firstly do not panick! Simply send a recorded delivery letter to them requesting they return the copies back to you.

If they do not, then re-apply for the statements again (as you will require these if you go to court) Do not send them another £10.00, explain they have already recieved £10 and you accidently returned them.

If no joy, then I personally would send them £10.00 and request ALL STATEMENTS from account opening date to present date!

Then claim pre 6 year and last 6 year.

cheers for reply, but as luck would have it Local Branch rang this morning to say they still had my statements and did I want to pick them up, yipee there is a god after all, ha ha. But my next question is - I sent 14 day notice letter of court action and that was up yesterday, today I got a letter from the claims dept saying they needed further info re charges (which I can now do as I have the original statements) what letter do I send back with this and how long do I give them to reply?

thanks again

Helen

Firstly produce a nice clear spreadsheet with the charges you are claiming back. info includes: DATE, TYPE OF CHARGE, AMOUNT IN QUESTION AND INTEREST! Send letter by recorded delivery.

Advise them that you request refund as per your previous letter dated xxxx.

You set the time scale NOT THEM!

Please dont rush anything. One thing I can gaurentee you is that this bank like to make things go really slow......I personally dont mind as I learn new things all the time hence im after ALL CHARGES SINCE ACCOUNT OPENING DATE! Therefore my charges will go back to 1994 period (I can't progress until they send the requested statements; but they are A BIT SNOWED UNDER AT THE MOMENT LOL!) So ill just chill out in the meantime.

cheers,

I've done the spread sheet, and printed out a template letter saying as per previous letter will start court action if no reply within 7 days. So hopefully all systems go now!!!! although when i used the calculator the total was actually higher than the 2 other letters I sent, I re worded new letter saying I had made an initial error with calculations, do you think that will be ok?

YB seem to be the hardest to get money back from. I feel a bit out of my depth but i'll keep going, I'm a woman after all and its my job, lol

thanks Helen