PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Gizmo111,

You are truely forgiven. :D I realise how busy you are and appreciate the time you have given me and many others.:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me v Lloyds TSB - Won :)

Well done, can you fill us in about it please:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, For all of you lovely people who wish to take on these financial institutes for the refund of mis-sold PPI.

Take heart I have been successful with 2 claims. I did not have the privilage of going to court, they settled after I threatened them.:lol:

1. M&S for a loan in 2001. Bit of a fight, but with determination and not taking no for an answer. Tripping them up at every opportunity with their own stupidity. I received £7,600 from them and they still denied it. I fought hard because I knew that I would never have agreed to Paying £4,600 for a ppi, if I had been given that option.

This is the thread if you are interested

subscribed.gifon a mission v ppi

2. Nastywest.for a loan in 2001. Still had a bit of a fight, but again they can up with over £7,111.84

This is this thread is you are interested.

subscribed.gifon a mission phase 2 -v- ppi

My advise is do your homework, when you get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), still question and question until you get the information you need and then go and get them:lol: It worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like the are caving in easilly. Perhaps they know the Brown Sticky stuff regarding PPI is not being accepted these days by consumers..

Let battle commence, there is a war on you know:lol:

hi i`m new to all this but i could do with some advice i have 2 PPI`s 1 with on a loan and another on a Credit card both with lloyds i now find my self in financial difficulites and i am wanting to know if i can cnacel my PPI`S as it is not helping me in any way, any advice please :?:

Hello Honney.

Please read the sticky for refund of ppi and the following link re refund

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Please start you own thread on the ppi forum as your post will get lost on here and nowone will see your posts and will not be able to help:D

• 2 months later...
I've just posted to confirm details of my success with PPI on 2 Lloyds TSB Loans.

I'm not sure how to put a link from here, but if an admin can do it, or someone can tell me, that would be great!

Hello Crystaltipps,

Congradulations and well done, If you cannot cut and paste your link to this thread. Just tell us your wonderful story, with all the facts:-D please

• 2 weeks later...
MrShed v Halifax Card Services - WON

Full refund coming my way for all PPI payments since August 2003, and interest.

Congradulations and well done Mr Shed:D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Oh, i also have the original contract i signed with HFC at the time detailing all the information including the true cost of the loan + PPI. The debt is not quite paid off just yet (nearly there) but is being managed by a third party. I'm down to the last 1500 but i strongly believe that this is just the PPI that's left.

As i have all the details, do i need to send an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or do i just kindly asked for the money to be returned

Hello Zzed,

Please start your own personal thread in the ppi forum, Your posts will not be seen as this is the successful claims thread.

Its up to you whether you send for the SAR or just work with the figures that you have. Is the ppi still running? If it has been cancelled they would have rebated the ppi and interest off the loan balance, wtherefore reducing the balance of the loan and affecting the amount that you reclaim back.

If you send the SAR, you may get more information regarding the breakdown of the ppi, applied interest and the rebates.

With watch out for your new thread

£7k PPI reclaimed on a Barclays loan.

Barclays initially refused a refund on the grounds that the claimant was employed as a 'home maker'. Of course this was utterly ridiculous and they repaid after the LBA.

Excellent news:D

A Home maker, did the claimant build houses, nearly choking on my tea, laughing at that comment barclays made. They were desperate weren't they.

• 2 months later...

I have posted this on my thread but thought I would post here also for others who might miss it.

After my third letter First Plus have caved in and offered me my full premium of £7836.80 plus interest.

Keep going, persistance pays off!

HF79 :grin: :grin:

Wonderful news, bet you still have a grin on your face,:D

Well done and thanks for letting us know:D

It inspires us all:D

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys and gals hope someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with NatWest 15 months ago and although i did not request insurance proptection, It was added to the loan. I have just found out aboutit and immediately cancelled the cover.

I have also figured out that the £6000 i have paid out in the form of this cover has not actually reduced the loan at all. I was under the impression that as soon as i took the loan, I would be paying off the capital and interest immediately.

Can i make a claim against them for this misselling? Any template letters available?

Hello Charlie,

Start a thread on the ppi forum, your post unfortunate may get overlook on the success thread.

I will keep out an eye for your thread and will advise/help according. I love trouble with the Nast:grin: y

I've just sorted out 2 successful claims for friends.

One direct to the bank which resulted in the refund of premium, interest, bank charges & some expenses and a huge reduction in the loan interest rate.

The other, which was a complaint to the Ombudsman has just resulted in a payment of £18K and went back well over 6 years!!!!

If one of the moderators can point me in the right direction to set up a thread, I've got some interesting tips, experience & arguements to pass on.

Elmo

:grin: :grin: :grin:

ps I don't log on that often so if anyone pm's me or adds to my thread it may take time to reply.

Well done Elmo, it would be great if you can share your experiences with others. Start a new thread click here

newthread.gif

• 1 month later...

Excellent news, :D well done:D shows if you keep at it, it pays off in nice big juicy cheques:D

I agree Keep the faith, never give up, never surrender:D

• 4 weeks later...
WON WON WON WON - or as I would say - I WON

A cheque for the full amount (less £55) was received this morning.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/110221-hsbc-goldcard-cardholder-repayment-2.html#post1494098

Excellent news well done SAB:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

:oops::oops::oops:

Your are so welcome, another great result for you. Do you have any more to go after:grin:

• 3 months later...
Hi - I'm new to CAG - registered last year but didn't use it - now just finding my way around.

Have had some successes though, including a recent win on a PPI claim with the Bank of Scotland.

My wife and I run our own business - I noticed she had a PPI on a BOS preference account - an unsolicited card issued when she took out a loan with BOS. I requested the T & C's from BOS - after much delay on their part it turns out most of the benefits didn't apply if self-employed.

I wrote asking for the premiums to be refunded plus interest. They refused - said my wife had accepted the T & C's. I pointed out their responsibility to check employment status and that they hadn't. They sent the form my wife had signed. The box you tick for PPI was miniscule and they admitted had been "pre-populated" by the bank i.e. they had ticked it!

Open and Shut case really but still had to raise the complaint with the FSA - took six months but they settled last week for the premiums - plus interest - plus simple interest at 8%. It came to £2,500.

Hope this helps

Brilliant news for you, well done. Shows that if you don't believe a word they tell you and persist and report them:p You get a success:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely marvellous you lot:grin: Well done, I do like to see successful claims:D

I do believe I have had a bit of a success myself this week, with my complaint regarding mis-sold insurances, but will fully report when the cheque is issued and safetly in my bank balance :D

• 2 weeks later...
PPI Success - My first one!!

Argos Storecard - Standard letter sent on the 22nd Sept, letter recvd yesterday with a copy of CCA. Letter stated I had asked for PPI then crossed the "no" box yet they still charged me?!?!

Anyway they have refunded £677, this has been taken off my balance. I'm over the moon as have another few PPI claims in so this gives me hope!

Does anyone know though if I can request the payment via cheque rather than coming off my balance? It just means I'd betempted to spend more in Argos now?!?!?

Hello Orange6,

Well done for your success, write to them and demand that they refund you the £677, plus the contractual interest, to yourself in the form of a personal cheque, for them to refund it to your balance is controlling the money they unlawfully took from you.in taking money you had not consented for them to have, or your will pursue them via the courts

Can you give us a link to your thread, so we can assist you please:grin:

I love posting on this success thread and even more when it is my success:grin:

Here is the thread if anybody is interest:grin:

Always remember, do not give up and chip and chip away at them:grin:

It works for me:grin:

Hells v Creation finance

I didnt get a huge payout but i bought a laptop with dell. They gave me back 95 pounds and have reduced my finance payments by 5 pound a month. not a huge amount but a success at least!

Hey Davy,

Well done

a success is a success:grin: You rightfully reclaimed back what they had wrongfully taken:grin:

Amounts of money are irrelevant in these cases, its the principle of righting the wrong that counts:D

Power to the people:grin:

• 3 weeks later...
Won*Won*Won*

I have just been informed by the FOS that the Halifax is also refunding us the PPI from the 2001 loan,plus interest ,plus 8% interest on top.

They had already agreed to refund the ppi from the 2004 loan.

Special thanks to Hellhasnofury and Pelham ,and to everyone on this forum ,for their advice,and for giving me courage to see this through,

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS soon as the money is in our account,I will be making a donation.

Hello Maggie

Excellent news Maggie:-D:-D:-D So happy for you

Just shows to keep at them and not to take no for an answer

When you coming off the ceiling:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent new TA well done:D

Excellent new for you well done.

I have even signed up to the petition:D

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/experian/

• 4 weeks later...
Won PPI claim against Mint £660:)

Wow way to go pinknico, excellent news and well done:D

Just in time for xmas too:D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Hi all

Made my claim to A&L for refund of PPI on a loan and hey presto 2 weeks later total capitulation and a cheque for £1790.40 is winging its way home .Take heart people my e-mail to them outlining the findings of the FSA and the fine of £7 million sems to have done the trick .:D

b

Hello Baiser,

Well done to you:D can you please pm me the email address that you used, as I have a claim coming on with this company.